ha ha ha really?????

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

SplinterB

ha ha ha really?????

Post by SplinterB »

had to chuckkle at this, some "re enactors" saying that all german uniform and symbology should be banned!
HA HA yes you call your selves re enactors...try doing a battle......now we have a battle re enactment, 101st airborne Easy company vs. 101st airborne easy company!

http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk/forum/v ... &start=176
les hearn

Re: ha ha ha really?????

Post by les hearn »

to be fair i can only see one idiot who it seems isnt a reenactor saying ban all of us

im involved with a chap on there at the moment who wants us "orf the rails" so to speek but as usual the tru colours of some reenactors are coming out ...

load of shit if ya ask me.
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Gliderinf

Post by Gliderinf »

Theres a very large percentage of people on there with no historical knowledge whatsoever.

But lets not let this thread turn into one like over there.
Gliderinf / Luftlande
barryG

Post by barryG »

Happens every year at the ELR event, the same promenading twins turn up and strut about and the local Jewish community visit unaware, and come away horrified..... apparently! Though of course the good old media fires this up.

So, the simple answer is.... if all the UK heritage railways got together with a simple bona fide reenacting group only policy, and no promenaders in any German uniform it would weed the idiots out.

Then if the press would stop deliberately trying to get a reaction from every passing member of the Jewish community, we would all be happy and no bad press.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

that thread has easily been the funniest all year so far.

The level of stupidty in some people is hard to fathom out.

Good to see a few allied reenactors are letting their true feelings come out and admit they don't want us around.

So far i've refrained from asking them whether the reason they don't want Axis forces there is because when we are no one pays any attention to them?
JRA site http://www.japanesereenacting.co.uk/

New Japanese reenactors forum

http://s13.invisionfree.com/IJA_Reenacting/

''i think the phrase ryhmes with clucking bell''
PanzerMart

Post by PanzerMart »

It was somewhat shocking to see how quickly it descended from bad press to open day on Axis re-enactors!
Never Surrender. Your Honour lies in victory or death
John Wilson

Post by John Wilson »

It makes me laugh to see some idiotic clowns on other forums refer to the Wehrmacht and then go on to add the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine to their silly rants as if they are different entities.
94-87 Ich bedauere nichts
57-93 Either put me in jail or kill me
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Tanaka wrote:that thread has easily been the funniest all year so far.

Good to see a few allied reenactors are letting their true feelings come out and admit they don't want us around.

So far i've refrained from asking them whether the reason they don't want Axis forces there is because when we are no one pays any attention to them?
Ryan,I think you have hit the nail on the head there!,I remember a few year ago at W&P,there was an allied display and the public were milling about,as soon as our half track pulled up,the public were around us like flies taking photo's,cor if looks could kill!.
Also I have said before,its not MOP's who complain and stir up trouble its other re-enactors who do it for what ever personal reasons of there own.After thirty odd years of being involved in re-enacting,I've seen more than my share of 'in fighting' squabling ect; and the press find us an easy target.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:
Tanaka wrote:that thread has easily been the funniest all year so far.

Ryan,I think you have hit the nail on the head there!,I remember a few year ago at W&P,there was an allied display and the public were milling about,as soon as our half track pulled up,the public were around us like flies taking photo's,cor if looks could kill!.
Also I have said before,its not MOP's who complain and stir up trouble its other re-enactors who do it for what ever personal reasons of there own.After thirty odd years of being involved in re-enacting,I've seen more than my share of 'in fighting' squabling ect; and the press find us an easy target.John
Couldn't agree with you more John, especially about the complaints coming from other reenactors rather than MOP's. :evil:
JRA site http://www.japanesereenacting.co.uk/

New Japanese reenactors forum

http://s13.invisionfree.com/IJA_Reenacting/

''i think the phrase ryhmes with clucking bell''
Wildwilly

Post by Wildwilly »

is the Pozzi forum down again? cant get on, as for the slagging off its getting worse and worse lately, too many keyboard warriors
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Yeah i think its down i cant get on either
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Just read through all 17 pages (!!) and it reminded me of why I stopped visiting that forum for anything other than the 'for sale' section years ago....
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

^^ I stopped reading them a long time ago, even as a relative newbie my thoughts soon became '**** that'.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
SplinterB

Post by SplinterB »

Pug42 wrote:Just read through all 17 pages (!!) and it reminded me of why I stopped visiting that forum for anything other than the 'for sale' section years ago....
Im starting to agree
barryG

Post by barryG »

The story has gone European!! My Dad lives in Spain and its all over the British language free newspapers they get in his area. I put him right!

I hate the press, have they ever once told the truth :lol:

Return to “General”