Medals and Awards.

Moderator: pzrwest

Tychsen

Medals and Awards.

Post by Tychsen »

A few of my regrets.
With hindsight I should not have parted with these , the Dk and wound badge in particular , what I replaced them with was really great but sellers regret hits hard.

A cased lightweight example by Klein (134 marked on the reverse).
The Ek was a brass centred example - the alledged Kriegsmarine issue one , again there is no basis for this.
The Gold Wound badge was mint - heavy tombak - great - if I had the choice again I would still have it.

The best way to learn about what is real and what is not is to take any opportunity which might present to look at and get a feel for the real thing the Dk is a really beautiful item - perhaps the most attractive and tactile of all the German awards, made in five parts it is a quailty built piece - fakes just can't get the "star" right , the wreath - (the layering of the leaf ) and nature of the date markings are often wrong , the pin and securing clip on the reverse side is also a tell tale sign - if you "know" the model you can avoid being caught.
A lot of the reporductions are just so good it is getting increasingly difficult for experts to tell -and all models have been so heavily reproduced - they range from the awful and crude to the well made.
pzrwest

Re: Medals and Awards.

Post by pzrwest »

Double post deleted
Tychsen

Re: Medals and Awards.

Post by Tychsen »

Cheers harold , don't know how it came up twice . :oops: :oops:

Return to “Medals and Awards”