Frauen-warte copies online

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

dink

Frauen-warte copies online

Post by dink »

http://www.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/helios/ ... warte.html click the red links on the actual website to go to the magazines and scroll through the pages ;) total of 54 issues 1941-1945 8)
Frauen nahmen zu Zeiten des Nationalsozialismus politisch eine untergeordnete Rolle ein. In ihrer Funktion als Hausfrau und Mutter wurden sie aber als wichtige Träger der Ideologie gesehen und als solche auch benutzt. Organisiert waren die Frauen in der sogenannten NS-Frauenschaft, die der NSDAP direkt unterstellt war.

Die NS-Frauenschaft gab neben weiteren Zeitschriften die allgemeine Frauenillustrierte „NS-Frauenwarte“ heraus. Die als „einzige parteiamtliche Frauenzeitschrift“ bezeichnete Illustrierte erschien zweiwöchentlich und hatte 1938 eine Auflage von rund einer Million Exemplaren.
Wie die anderen Publikationsorgane diente auch die „NS-Frauenwarte“ vorrangig der Propagandaarbeit sowie der Selbstdarstellung der NS-Frauenschaft und des ihr unterstellten „Deutschen Frauenwerk“. Themenschwerpunkte waren der Einsatz von Frauen im sozialen und kulturellen Bereich und in der Familie. Als maßgebliches Kriterium des Frauseins wurde das Dasein als Hausfrau und Mutter dargestellt.

10.1941/42 11.1942/43
12.1943/44 13. 1944/45 (Heft 1-4)
Last edited by dink on Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dink

Re: Frauen-warte copies online

Post by dink »

Oh and incase anyone didn't realise, if you click on the red link and then not on the link at the side (that takes you to a different issue) but the arrows at the top thats how you get onto the different pages of each issue ;)

Hopefully someone else be interested :lol:

edited to add just seen its free to print from their site so erm I am :oops: well nice to have a hard copy of such stuff :oops: just incase it disappears online and I can't find the cd its all been save on :lol:
dink

Post by dink »

Oh and anyone wants it burning onto CD cos they CBA/can't do it themselves let me know, will see what I can do ;)
missyd

Post by missyd »

Thank you very much for this very interesting link. If I find the time I may save it on CD. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I just love these old magazines where you can see how life was in this time. My mom was a teenager in WWII and she remembers this stuff very well. :wink:

Specially the swiss army FLAK some 200m behind where she lived! :?
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
dink

Post by dink »

Sounds most interesting, bet your mum could tell some stories 8)

As for the magazines it takes ages to save them all :lol: 54 magazines averaging between 20-11 pages, took me awhile :lol: but yes definately interesting (well at least I think so) useful for seeing the fashion, what propoganda the women were fed, the articles on women in uniform, what they were told about the men folk, cooking tips, sewing tips, the adverts even, all very interesting 8)
missyd

Post by missyd »

Mom remembers everything very well ... the shooting of the flak at night .... the FLIEGER-ALARM siren (she still got panic today when the swiss authorities test the sirens ....

The battle noise from the battles around Belfort .... trains laden with german war supply crossing switzerland.
My dad (he lived at lausanne - lake geneva) always watched the allied planes crossing switzerland, flying over the french alps (sometimes crashing into them) and the german supply train in front of the house going to italy by the simplon train tunnel.

My granddad was fascinated by the nazi idea ....
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”