Private battle Russian front 'Budapest 1944'

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
herman the german

Post by herman the german »

are FJR6 going to be there????
stabsfeildwebel otto kuntz
http://www.ramcke.org.uk/
nelz

Post by nelz »

Members of Tiger-1 , Definitely attending.

Will Pm Numbers when confirmed.

martin12ss

Post by martin12ss »

Just to answer a few questions and to make everyone aware of what's expected

Mereworth 10th 11th November

Scenario:- Budapest Nov 1944.

Just south of Budapest elements of the 3rd and 9th guards are probing the defences around the rail junction at Ercsi Axis forces have been hastily mobilised to defend the junction so as to withdraw troops to the defences around Budapest itself. This is of vital value to the oncoming battle.

Command
Axis forces will be under the control of Manny Trainor.

Soviet forces will be indirectly under the control of Martin Standbridge

How to get there:- M20, A20, B2016. Mereworth woods about 2 miles right hand side

Payment:- £20 payable on the gate or when collared

Arrival:- You may arrive after 18.00 0n the Friday. On site by 7.00 Saturday into the field 8.00 start 9.00

Buildings:- There are buildings on site, but they will not be open to reenactors. There is the use of toilet block from which drinking and hot water can be obtained.

Safety:- Attend the safety briefing!
Also if you plan to camp out be aware of the temperature and the signs of hypothermia. Seek assistance, NCO’s check your men to see if their okay, I usually take a thermos of something warm. (30% of volksturm deaths out on the Oder was down to the cold)
No alcohol on site!
Vehicle owners be aware of speed restrictions
Make sure your firearm stays with you. Do not leave it! (weapons hire from Vickers)
Do not bring or use pyros
The site does have rights of way running through it, be aware of members of the public, and conduct yourself accordingly

Attitude:- Play the game. There are chains of command use them. Follow orders, and don’t turn up with the attitude we’ll do what we want. A lot of effort goes in to staging an event so that everyone gets a fair crack. Don’t be selfish, you’ll loose a lot of respect, both with your allies and opponents. If you have a problem take it to the forces commander.

Living history:- We all have a view as to what this is, and ask 10 reenactors and you’ll get 10 different answers. Just try your best to think how you would act and behave if you were actually there. If you act the part, and look the part, you will find others putting in an equal amount of effort.

Problems:- contact Lee or myself via the forum pm
herman the german

Thats great thanks martin . can't wait to get there in the vw "i hope"
what Vehicles will be there ?

details

Post by 146 »

Hello,

if anyone requires a flyer with all Martins afore mentioned details please contact me-

also any groups that have yet to confirm numbers please email me privately.

any other information PM me.

Leytnenant Andropov.

146 Rifle Infantry
'when you take off one uniform there is always another underneath'
Muller

Post by Muller »

ive heard a rumor there is a large detatchment of Totenkopf going :shock: 8)
herman the german

what is the correct W SS camo for 'Budapest 1944'
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

herman the german wrote:what is the correct W SS camo for 'Budapest 1944'
Don't know the answer to this one sorry but , all i am in possesion at the moment is dot44 camo and thats what i will be wearing .

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
carentan

Post by carentan »

herman the german wrote:are FJR6 going to be there????
Was Stalin a paranoid ego maniac? Of course we will.
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Muller

Post by Muller »

dot44 is going to be wrong for this event i would have thought? How tight are we going to be on uniform ??

if we can i think we should try and be exact as we can or we could end up thinking we are in Normandy or Narvik?

Although i do understand some will not have the kit so there might be middle ground somewhere?
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Muller wrote:dot44 is going to be wrong for this event i would have thought? How tight are we going to be on uniform ??

if we can i think we should try and be exact as we can or we could end up thinking we are in Normandy or Narvik?

Although i do understand some will not have the kit so there might be middle ground somewhere?
Due to shortages in uniforms in the war the dot 44 ws worn all through the year , instead of being taken back to the units stores for reissue the following spring , also it's all that i have as i have just joined and i am not made of money :cry:

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Muller

Post by Muller »

:lol: :wink:

dot 44

Post by 146 »

Hennig wrote:
Muller wrote:dot44 is going to be wrong for this event i would have thought? How tight are we going to be on uniform ??

Due to shortages in uniforms in the war the dot 44 ws worn all through the year , instead of being taken back to the units stores for reissue the following spring , also it's all that i have as i have just joined and i am not made of money :cry:

mike
Dont worry dot 44 will be fine- check this out some good pictures of SS wearing dot 44 and italian cammo!

http://www.aviapress.com/viewonekit.htm?MCS-010

Leytenant Andropov

Otto Skorzeny was also there and lots of SS units it was known to the ss as 'the stalingrad of the SS' and the 'couldron'

Russian front

Post by 146 »

There has been some interest from German units in deploying to defensive positions on Friday night to prepare for the Russian onslaught.

If any units would like information on doing this please contact me.

Leytenant Andropov

146 Rifle Infantry
warren

Post by warren »

Hennig wrote:it's all that i have as i have just joined and i am not made of money :cry:
mike
if you were made of money - it would be perfect camo if you stood in from of underpant's stall.

Return to “UK reenactment and events”