Panzer IV

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Jeppsson |11.SS|

Panzer IV

Post by Jeppsson |11.SS| »

Hallo !

What would be the best thing to base a Panzer IV on ?

I Was thinking maybe a BMP-1 Just because it has the same track system, by the looks of it. Though the BMP-1 has 2 or 3 more 'Small Wheels' on it, anyhow,

If anyone have any others idea, im all yours ! :)

Thank you.

Regards
Johannes
Paulkd

Re: Panzer IV

Post by Paulkd »

Well the number of wheels was solved by steve lamonby when he did a cut and shut job on the BOB stug's, although not as detailed up close, the extra wheel makes a visual difference!
Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks

You buy them to push, if they run its a bonus......

Mystery panzer combi of the year!
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

The odd thing with the BoB StuG 111 is that although it has the 'right' number of wheels, the proportions of the vehicle overall are not as good as Jon's '5-wheel' StuG replica, as it is now too long in relation to the width. In long grass the 5-wheel example looks more realistic of the two in my opinion.

It just illustrates the problem of making these 'VisMod' creations as compromises have to be made, and some work better than others. I can't immediately think of a suitable donor chassis to replicate a reasonable looking Pz IV chassis, whereas things based on a Pz II (like Wespe and Marder II) are more feasible due to the similarity of the French type (AMX something but I can't remember the number!) that can be obtained
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
LAH- Obergrenadier

Post by LAH- Obergrenadier »

Dave is correct....we have looked at all the possible vehicles available and there is no matches to get bthe right wheel configuration for a mark IV.

With regards the Wespe or Marder II the french copied these particular vehicles in 1950 and developed the AMX range....with the OBUSIER been almost identical in dimension, shape and purpose as a WESPE. The conversion(if you can find a donor vehicle @£12000) is very simple, with few modifications.....even the wheel configuration is the same....mmm....anybody up for this....give me or john Phillips a call.

Cheers
BIGH
STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG

Return to “Vehicles”