New FD smocks: how do they look?

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Schuetze Arsch

Re: New FD smocks: how do they look?

Post by Schuetze Arsch »

Splitter pattern was not always green, that is true, but in the last two decades I only have seen FD jackets with a green base color (live and in all books). The base color is not the biggest problem, the fundamental problem is the camouflage of this Berry Lyndon FD jacket, it is 50% pure fantasy, please compare it with the original jacket above. If it´s ok to wear stuff like this, we can also wear again BGS (postwar German border police) and postwar Austrian camo.
HGKanonier

Post by HGKanonier »

Schuetze Arsch wrote:Splitter pattern was not always green, that is true, but in the last two decades I only have seen FD jackets with a green base color (live and in all books). The base color is not the biggest problem, the fundamental problem is the camouflage of this Berry Lyndon FD jacket, it is 50% pure fantasy, please compare it with the original jacket above. If it´s ok to wear stuff like this, we can also wear again BGS (postwar German border police) and postwar Austrian camo.
Could it be, perhaps, due to the date of adoption for the LW FD Jacke was so close to the adoption date of the Sumpfmuster 43? The Splittertarnmuster was superceded so production of FD Jacken switched to the new Tarn, causing the majority of the FD Jacke to be Sumpf 43 with less than half in Splitter-31?
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

I still do believe that the background colour for LW Feld divisions camo tunics was green.
I have not seen any with a brown backing... so I do not believe - till I have see it - that they also used fabrik with a brown backing also...

If someone say those with a brown backing do exist then please show it with photograph(s).

If they have exist with abrown backing colour then they seems to be rare and its better to reenact in a uniform 'common' used ond not that being used as an exception.
Stadler

Post by Stadler »

In my opinion Spearhead makes quite good copy of LD jacket. Surely better camo than LB or ATF... But can't say anything about tailoring :D Probably far worst...

The best jacket is from Zeug- I'm buying it next month :mrgreen:

Different original Splitter B shades:

Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

HGKanonier wrote:
Schuetze Arsch wrote:Splitter pattern was not always green, that is true, but in the last two decades I only have seen FD jackets with a green base color (live and in all books). The base color is not the biggest problem, the fundamental problem is the camouflage of this Berry Lyndon FD jacket, it is 50% pure fantasy, please compare it with the original jacket above. If it´s ok to wear stuff like this, we can also wear again BGS (postwar German border police) and postwar Austrian camo.
Could it be, perhaps, due to the date of adoption for the LW FD Jacke was so close to the adoption date of the Sumpfmuster 43? The Splittertarnmuster was superceded so production of FD Jacken switched to the new Tarn, causing the majority of the FD Jacke to be Sumpf 43 with less than half in Splitter-31?
Nope, I haven't even SEEN an original photograph of a Sumpf FD jacket in wear. Splitter is the rule.

@ Stadler, thanks. Nice example.

Return to “Luftwaffe, HG, Flak, FD”