Loosening and stretching marching boots....

Moderator: Feldjager

Julius H

Loosening and stretching marching boots....

Post by Julius H »

I have just gotten myself a really nice pair of marching boots and as I have heard in the past, if you get them sized correctly for your feet, they are always too tight at the ankle area, indicating a snug fit in the bottom.

Now whenever I used to get new issue boots in the Corps, I used to use just a liberal dosing of Neat's foot oil and pack the area to be stretched and after a few dousings with the oil the boots should fit nicely.

Alas I have never owned or indeed worn marching boots, so I have no idea what the best or most proven method of stretching them is.

Input on this from the forum members will be well received.

Andreas
a'roit me luvver?
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Julius the best way is to use them wear 2 pairs of socks one thin pair and a thick pair (will stop blisters) I use lots of lederfett as well
ImageImageImageImageImage
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Have to say i P**s in mine (accounts for why i smell of wee) this will come as no surprise to most of KP1. :oops:

Its what i was told to do when i first joined the Army about the time of the Crimean war. :wink:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote
Have to say i P**s in mine (accounts for why i smell of wee) this will come as no surprise to most of KP1.

Its what i was told to do when i first joined the Army about the time of the Crimean war
Yes I was told the same but to take them off before you Pi#s on them
ImageImageImageImageImage
Crazy Feldgendarme

Ah thats what i been doing wrong Franz i never took them off. :wink:
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
missyd

Post by missyd »

Wear them as much as possible! 24h a day ..... :wink:
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

To loosen the fit of the boot take some metheylated spirits(rubbing alcohol) pout it into the boot and soak the foot area then pour it out then do as said put on 2 pr of socks and put on the boots and wear them till they dry from then on the boots will fit like a glove. I got this info from an ex bundy guy and this is how they were told to break in their boots
Julius H

Interesting solution....

Post by Julius H »

pzrwest, that sounds like a good way, especially if it comes from the BW guys.

I'll give it a go at the weekend.

That is after all preferable to wearing them 24/7 as I work with concrete in the construction industry and that would kill them.

JH
a'roit me luvver?
Crazy Feldgendarme

After our natter tonight mate i still think you should P**S in them. :oops:

GeFoPo
pzrwest

Re: Interesting solution....

Post by pzrwest »

Julius H wrote:pzrwest, that sounds like a good way, especially if it comes from the BW guys.

I'll give it a go at the weekend.

That is after all preferable to wearing them 24/7 as I work with concrete in the construction industry and that would kill them.

JH
I tried it on a pair of EG jackboots that were too tight and it worked, the only thing I did different than what was told to me was I put a plastic shopping bag over the socks. I just didn't feel comfortable with the idea of the alcohol soaking into the socks and my feet. I have also used this method to break in a new pair of regular leather street shoes. It's alot less expensive than buying commercial store bought Shoe Ease
Julius H

Woohoo!

Post by Julius H »

They fit really good now.

Geehrte pzrwest, you have the perfect method from the boys who know.

I now after only 2 days, have a pair of really good fitting marching boots.

In fact I would even go as far as saying I now have enough room to choose between wearing thick socks for winter or normal for the rest of the year.

Thanks for the input guys and gals, job done and a good fit.

JH
a'roit me luvver?
Crazy Feldgendarme

Ahh shucks mate i was looking forward to filling them personally for you. :wink:

GeFoPo
Obergefreiter Hansch

Post by Obergefreiter Hansch »

Best thing is, you can piss in 'em on the march without breaking a step and still keep your feet warm! Assuming you do actually march in them,??!!!

Hirschmann.
Gruß and Berg Heil, Gebirgsjågers!

II./Geb.Jäg.Rgt.100.
DAS MEDIC

Post by DAS MEDIC »

thing i always find is fill the boots with warm water (or piss in them) empty it out and slap as much lanolin\cheap handcream\vaseline in them and stuff them with paper, always grease boots from the inside, it waterproofs them and will soak into the fibre of the skin with it being untanned on the inside .
"every dog has its' day"
"never pi$$ a guy off who works in a tall glass building who owns a high powered rifle"

manager to real german hairdresser

http://www.motorcyclemedics.page.tl

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”