Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
CDB Schmidt

Re: Pippingford Park Tactical 2012 ....21st/22nd APRIL

Post by CDB Schmidt »

"Der Windhund" the Netherlands (CDB's with some loose Spanish elements)...
FERTIG!

Not a final count can be done, but we're aiming at 8 guys.
CDB = Crazy Dutch Boy

* 3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund" *
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Teller Mines 35.s.
Waiting for the Allied forces to clear these 15Lb mines under the gaze of x4 MG 42s...should stretch a few NCOs minds on how to accomplish it!.. :twisted:

GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

I could lend an S.GrW34 to that cause :p
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
CDB Schmidt

Post by CDB Schmidt »

@ Pete... you forgot the handles for carying them, but otherwise > here is a coocoo NCO :twisted:
CDB = Crazy Dutch Boy

* 3/. Pz. Gren. Rgt. 60. Panzer Division 116. "Der Windhund" *
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

There is always one clever MF!. :roll:

Why would a handle by left on them to aid the allied troops to move em, cut off mate, that's what the pliers were for... :twisted:
vobehacker

Post by vobehacker »

KSK ,will be attending ,we will bring at least 12 guys including 3 NCOs,1 kriegsberichter,when will the kit list be posted
9th SS Hohenstaufen
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Kit list.. :o
ww2...spring '45.....best reenacting groups in UK/Europe invited....why do you need a kit list?..
you guys know your hobby/drills etc...do you really need me to put a kit list up...I will if you want it..?.
Kinda thought its self explanitory...late war look....German troops wearing mish mash of old and new kit...non issue civilian jumpers/shirts under unforms etc..Manny..what do you want to do...?
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Understood. I think what Neil was thinking of were those events where a strict level of homogeneity was imposed on Axis reenactors taking part to appear as a single unit...

No worries, we have the right gear!

Looking forward to it!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Hi , Yes I see what you mean..the beauty of a late war scenario is that forces are being scraped together from smashed/depleted ...units..
GD Fusiliers + Das Heer + Der Windund (Holland) = Pretty powerful uniformed force with enough strength in numbers to hold an area allotted...same as FJR2,6 and Ireland FJR 6.
For allied troops its easier demarcation Normandy 44 look is wrong for Spring 45...many replacements were arriving from States wearing M43 trousers...Tanker jackets where as the Krauts lkit seems to have remained hardly changed at all, cammo kit apart...
Pete
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

I did hear that the allied will throw whiskey and vodka bottles at the Irish positions as they run back to get them they will the attack the break in the line :mrgreen:
ImageImageImageImageImage
mikebie

Post by mikebie »

13/FJR6 will be properly attired.

Whiskey bottles, eh Joel??

:lol:
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Pete Skillman wrote: Normandy 44 look is wrong for Spring 45.
Dont tell Dale, he is so proud of his boys. :D
Will Americans be including some OD7 webbing kit?
Pete Skillman

Post by Pete Skillman »

Normandy '44 - Generically speaking of course, NOT groups..
The survivors of RED1 and Rangers that went through the Normandy campaign (nd other regiments), and surving into 1945 Germany ended up wearing the June Issue kit, although the Double Buckles seemed to have got thru to the front line men... so a good smattering of all is correct..OD3 and OD7 from the FNGs.
I did Fort Indian town gap in USA cpouple of times .......and the appearance of Reenactors in "Normandy kit" at the Battle of the bulge looked propsterous...mainly because it was all new and shiny...most of the pics you see they look like tramps by March '45..as would us all.
Matelot

Post by Matelot »

Pete Skillman wrote:Kit list.. :o
ww2...spring '45.....best reenacting groups in UK/Europe invited....why do you need a kit list?..
you guys know your hobby/drills etc...do you really need me to put a kit list up...I will if you want it..?.
Kinda thought its self explanitory...late war look....German troops wearing mish mash of old and new kit...non issue civilian jumpers/shirts under unforms etc..Manny..what do you want to do...?
Got to agree with Pete. You guys are experienced in this type of event. So, the quality of your kit wont be a problem, however, what i would say to unit commanders is to oversee the uniform list/choice in your group please.

Control it, so that we don't see guys turning up looking like tramps. It may be late war, but a certain amount of uniformity is still required. Wool uniforms, greatcoats, stahlhelms(with and without covers).
Basic belt order consisiting of breadbag, water bottle, ammo pouches correct for thre weapon system that you are using! Bayonet, and e-tool. Low boots or jackboots.

But please, NO Italian camo...! A mixture of camo is acceptible, but don't let your group turn up in fantasy gear or dressed head to toe in splinter :wink: Can you also ensure that waterbottles are full, and that there is enough food in your breadbags for 24 hours. It's a breadbag, so put something in it. Howmany times have i been to events and heard guys complaining of having no water... :evil: Make sure you've got a brew kit with you. IE mtea or coffee, and the means to heat water of course! As for water, bring jerry cans or water containers. Fill them before you leave home. There is a standpipe at hut D, i think. There will be vehicles at the event, and i would ask the owners/drivers to please help with the movement of kit and water. :wink:

Pete, Hanser, anything else....?

There will be a kit inspection before the event, and it will be adhered to strictly. So, if it isn't right, don't bring it.

That said, when it comes to staying warm and dry, i'd be happy with modern vests and sleeping systems. As long as they are kept out of sight of course. The last thing any of us need, is a real life casualty.
Pskillman

Post by Pskillman »

Water stand pipes are at HUT D where Oxlade normaly resides (NOT AT THIS EVENT THOUGH) and where the Axis CAR PARK...the other Water Stand pipe is down at Axis HQ/Home Farm On the map..
Allied troops will have to bring their own supply...should be interesteing!...
Pete

Return to “UK reenactment and events”