Insignia question

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Ropes

Insignia question

Post by Ropes »

Can anybody identify what unit this guy belongs to? The collar tabs is similar to the trifos worn by nordwest. The cap insignia I dont have a clue though.

Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: Insignia question

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

The cap insignia is the Wolfs Hook rune which was certainly used by Flemish units collaberating or assisting the Germans, never seen the three legged sunwheel collar patches worn in mirror pairs though indeed the arms are two rounded to be that collar tab AND they appear to be reversed in direction though the Wolfs Hook is correct so the photo has not been reversed.

Dave
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
rednas

Post by rednas »

Nederlandsche SS (Dutch allgemeine SS). The man on the photo is Henk Feldmeijer, founder en leader of the Dutch SS:

More about him and the Dutch SS can be found here:
http://www.waffen-ss.nl/feldmeijer-e.php

The Flemisch SS had a Swazika instead of the Wolfshook on the hat.
http://www.geocities.com/orion47.geo/BE ... EN__A..jpg
Nachtjager

Post by Nachtjager »

Yep, previous post nailed it, this is a pretty well-known photo and he's pictured in several books on foreign SS units. Years ago I had an original version of these tunics with Untersturmfuhrer insignia (or whatever their equivalent was called). Sold it to another collector, Lord knows where it's at now. The jacket was identical to the black pre-war Allgemeine SS jackets and it's often stated, I believe correctly, that after the war broke out and the black uniforms fell from favor in Germany, existing stocks were sent primarily to Dutch/Danish/Flemmish SS formations. Take care! :wink:

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”