Luftwaffe Tropical Kit

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Hannibal Brooks

Luftwaffe Tropical Kit

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

Hi All,

Who would you recommend for Luftwaffe tropical kit ? I'm looking for a good quality pair of tropical trousers. I've seen the ones made by Spearhead, but are they any good ? Has anyone had the ones from Lost Battalions ? Any other makers out there ?

Thanks!
Pietje

Re: Luftwaffe Tropical Kit

Post by Pietje »

Hallo hannibal, I got mine from 'Panzerfaust', an ebay shop, about 2 years ago, but I do not know it he is still selling (hope someone can help us out). They were very good and almost the same price as Spearhead and those Keith was selling (seems Keith is selling less items then before... is he closing down???)

Do not know about the quality of this Spearhead item. Not all his stuff is O.K., but some are very good for the price... hope someone can help us out here

Soldiers of Fortune is also selling Tropical trousers!

added 270708:- seems Panzerfaust is back:- http://cgi.ebay.com/German-Luftwaffe-Pa ... dZViewItem
Last edited by Pietje on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Dont go near the SOF ones I got a pair and they are not great! I think Mr Underwood is going to be doing them(send him an email) or Lost Battalions in ther states!
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

jason litt

Post by jason litt »

Pietje wrote:Hallo hannibal, I got mine from 'Panzerfaust', an ebay shop, about 2 years ago, but I do not know it he is still selling (hope someone can help us out). They were very good and almost the same price as Spearhead and those Keith was selling (seems Keith is selling less items then before... is he closing down???)

Do not know about the quality of this Spearhead item. Not all his stuff is O.K., but some are very good for the price... hope someone can help us out here

Soldiers of Fortune is also selling Tropical trousers!
Hi There

I have a pair of Barry,s ( spearhead ) and one of his M43 jackets and I think they are great , the trousers are pre washed and are very baggy and really look the part and the quality of stitching etc is superb . I am however not an expert , but going on wartime pictures etc i think Barry has done a pretty good job and I am more than happy with the quality and feel of both trousers and jacket.

Regards , Jason
simon

Post by simon »

I have two pair of Spearhead tropicals and i agree with jason ....they are as near as damn it.One draw-back with one pair was that they had forgotten to 'cut' the button holes...5 mins and a pair of scissors sorted that out.
Buy the Spearhead ones,why pay more for something that looks the same :D
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

I have a jacket from Keith and its very good... Hang it in the sun a few days and the colour is even better - like the original it gets lighter.
Problem with the stuff from Hongkong/Singapore is that it maybe is a bit to small) Does someone have a Keith and Spearhed jacket and can he give his his opinion which one is better ...

((to me it also looks that more and more people are getting interested in Tropical stuff... Maybe its time to open a section on the forum for DAK/Tropical questions as it is a completely other outfit then the normal stuff))
kiler

Post by kiler »

What about tropical equipment ? Here`s some of my set: production of Bergführer (web Y-straps) and Stadler (web belt and strap`s hooks) from this forum and bayonnet frog from Sturm:

simon

Post by simon »

Oooooo yeah the tropical kit looks sooooooooo good......have worn my to several 'evening' soirees and people always say how good/different it looks
Agree Pietje size is a bit difficult to judge but if you read the measurements on the item it gives you a good idea.My missus had to do a bit of tailoring on mine to get them right...... :)
Der Dachs mit Dudelsack
---------------
FJ 39-45
Fallschirmjaeger Ang'
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

Ordered a new 41 model jacket from Barry, and if there is any difference with the one I have from keith I will post it here...
Hannibal Brooks

Post by Hannibal Brooks »

Hi All, Ant-Z/Pirschen is also producing DAK and LW tropical kit.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWII-GERMAN-LUFTW ... m153.l1262
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WWII-GERMAN-LW-DA ... m153.l1262

Cheers!
mario33

Post by mario33 »

I just got my tropical kit from ant-Z (tunic, trousers and shorts). Its perfect !
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

RodShack

Post by RodShack »

Hi Jon

I'd recommend Ant-Z anytime. The wool stuff I've had from him is top-notch and I was very happy with his service.

He'll even to made to measure if you ask him - normally at no extra cost.

Cheers
Rod Shack

Obgfr - http://www.561zbv.co.uk
Private - The Diggers LHG - http://thediggerslhg.co.uk
dagda

Post by dagda »

Is he on ebay?
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

mario33

Post by mario33 »

RodShack wrote:The wool stuff I've had from him is top-notch and I was very happy with his service.
Service - yes. Top-notch - depends.... I've shown the M42 trousers in the other post as compared to Keith's ones. Keith's are better ! But Keiths service is very low now so...

On the other side - his M42 wool jacket is good - the first FarEast jacket I've seen that has got skirt shorter than sleeves (proper fit).
Es steht ein kleines, kleines Edelweiß
auf einer steilen, steilen Felsenhöh!

Kampfgruppe EDELWEIß
1 KP, 100 GJR

Pietje

Post by Pietje »

The Tropical Tunic I have from Keith looks 100% the same as those of the photo's on the Ant-Z webpage... (but Ant-Z is selling the for about 50% of the price)...

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”