Boots

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Casbah Rock

Boots

Post by Casbah Rock »

I have bought a pair of ankle boots from RAU and would be grateful for some advice. After searching through other posts with regards to purchasing Linseed oil - is this the same linseed oil I have seen for sale in B & Q ? Also Is there much difference between using ordinary boot dubbing bought from a supermarket or using lederfett ? If so does anyone know where I can buy lederfett from in the UK other than using fleabay ?

Many thanks in advance :)
SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
warren

Post by warren »

i never heard of linseed oil being used on boots - but to answer your question there are 2 types: boiled and raw. boiled is soft wood and leaves a 'varnish' on the surface, 'raw' is for hardwood (oak) and soaks in.

for your boots - use dubbin.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Don't use linseed oil mate - It will probably leave your boots all sticky.....

Use black dubbin if you want to colour them and treat them at the same time..... Ordinary Brown dubbin otherwise.
Casbah Rock

Post by Casbah Rock »

Thanks for the replies - The linseed oil refers to other posts made where people have posted to coat the soles of the boots. This is apparently to help waterproof and to help to stop the studs from falling out - not putting it on the uppers - sorry should of made it a bit plainer as i am a newbie :oops:
SS-Rottenführer Kotzur
Zweite Kampfgruppe
1. SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Well i bought a pair from RAU this august at detling and since then have
put on over two and a bit tubs of dubbin , was told to put it on both top and bottom , and they now look completley different in colour , like how they should be :wink: a nice dark brown in colour , and thats with just the usual clear dubbin .

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Hennig wrote:Well i bought a pair from RAU this august at detling and since then have
put on over two and a bit tubs of dubbin , was told to put it on both top and bottom , and they now look completley different in colour , like how they should be :wink: a nice dark brown in colour , and thats with just the usual clear dubbin .

mike
I bet your feet are orange when you take them off on Sunday evening aren't they? :lol:
Sean

Post by Sean »

I use clear dubbin on mine (although i ahvent had chance to use them much yet) they have come up really nicely.

Speak to Franz on here, he is a wealth of knowledge and will give you a lot of info for care of boots.
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:
Hennig wrote:Well i bought a pair from RAU this august at detling and since then have

mike
I bet your feet are orange when you take them off on Sunday evening aren't they? :lol:
Will let you know that when and if the time arrives :shock: :lol: :lol: :wink:

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Oh Goody Boots ,I love boots
Care of Boots
One of the most important Bits of kit next to a weapon is a soldiers boots! A bad fitting pair take a soldier off the battle field the same as a pair that are falling apart .
So with that in mind I thought that I would post this on Blackening and boot care I know that I may be teaching some out there to suck eggs but it may help some one

To start with I put lin seed oil on the soles this helps stop the studs falling out I then put lots of LEDRFETT on the sole this water proofs and protects it and will stop the little pegs coming out ( Dont know if SOF boots have them but RUs do)I leave this on and dont try to brush it off.Top of the boot Rub In the LEDERFETT I have a large brush for this left over from my army days.This takes time as I like to let it soak in before I put the next coat of Ledrfett on then brush the boot to a slight shine .After some time the ankle boot will get that two tone effect that is seen on original boots.
By the way Richard Underwood has LEDERFETT and I think its around 6 pounds

Another way of blackeing boots http://www.dererstezug.com/blackeningboots.htm
This is my boots blackend using lederfett
Important
If your boots get wet through Dont dry them on a central heating radiator as this will dry them out to well and the wooden pegs will start to fall out
Pack them with News paper and leave in a warm place to stop them going hard use some Lederfett
Here are some nice boots as well and yes she lets me use my Lederfett
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sean

Post by Sean »

...... What kind of convention is that.............. :shock: :lol:
Sean

Post by Sean »

...... What kind of convention is that.............. :shock: :lol:

Ah debug problems, please delete
Last edited by Sean on Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dink

Post by dink »

Looks motor orientated, very blingy hardly movingson jacket front right ?
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

dink wrote:Looks motor orientated, very blingy hardly movingson jacket front right ?
:lol: I liked that one Dink :wink: but you should of put , hardly movingson and it still will cost you the earth for the privelige lol .

mike
Last edited by Hennig on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

dink wrote:Looks motor orientated, very blingy hardly movingson jacket front right ?
DOH !!! Double post :oops: :lol:

mike
Last edited by Hennig on Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
Steinmetz

Post by Steinmetz »

I don't care what type of convention it is, my eyes have not lifted from those legs and boots.............. :wink:
SS-U.f.w. Steinmetz
SBG Mechanics Section - Keeping the Reich rolling since '33!

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”