How do you tacklethis?

Moderator: Feldjager

Hoffman Grink

How do you tacklethis?

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Being as subtle as I can I've taken a detail from a photo. This is so that no on can be identified and no location, show or otherwise is held up to scrutiny.

It doesn't matter "who" - what matters is - "what".

But this is what we need to keep in check - and how we need to ensure we know what we are all about.

Bayonet in the scabbard the wrong way.
Breadbag not on right hip
Mess tin not secured by straps to breadbag D rings.....
3 small details...... but they add up.

Tiny details -= attention to detail almost - makes or breaks it.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Now what was it my old Troop 3 bar said "Attention to detail "
ImageImageImageImageImage
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Now you have posted that pic of the wrong way to wear equiptment you can bet people will be scouring the internet looking for pics to say yes they did do it that way here is a pic from xxxx and the man is wearing xxxx this way or that way. People forget to do the norm not the exception.
Muller

Post by Muller »

for me its about the quality of the unit a new recruit joins. When i first started out i joined what was perceived to be the best group in the UK, they held regular training weekends where this type of thing was taught over and over again by dedicated NCO's that had been in the game for years.....

There are many traps to fall in when first starting out, going freelance and throwing an impression together is one of them, and thus you get mess tins hanging off belt loops :roll:

then again i have seen people that have been in the games years and still get things wrong..... old dog new tricks....?

may a National compition weekend where units compete in drill, uniform etc etc....
stefan

Post by stefan »

No Franz more like

"Show behind the night guard kit worn correctly"

followed by

"Orderly corporal take his name and give him two extras"

remember they never gave them out in ones always two's :wink:
Hennig

Post by Hennig »

Well i joined the SBG at beltring this year , my 1st venture into the fold was at detling , i as with most made sure by asking the person next to you while kit was being put on , is this correctly fitted ect .
It don't take much to ask does it :wink:

mike
SS Schar Hennig Der FG
SS-Feldgend Tr 1.SS Pz. Div. Leibstandarte Adolf Hitler
SECOND BATTLE GROUP
West-Front

Post by West-Front »

Hennig wrote:Well i joined the SBG at beltring this year , my 1st venture into the fold was at detling , i as with most made sure by asking the person next to you while kit was being put on , is this correctly fitted ect .
It don't take much to ask does it :wink:

mike
I agree if its constructive advice, I'm all for it.
Riedmuller

Post by Riedmuller »

i have given up trying i point things out and get but..or we tried we cant afford it or thats ok

like MP3008s being used in battles..but mr oxslade was booked out well take a deact
and wearing tan water helmet covers and there was the battle at the VS a guy behind me in gerbirgs gear looked shit just utter shit why do i bother doing it all right if they go and just slap it on
oh and same with the chinstrap the buckle is supposed to be on the left cheek but see too many people with it on the right cheek
Botty

Post by Botty »

i have given up trying i point things out
Why? I didn't know about the chinstrap buckle. I will go and check mine. If it was wrong and you poninted it out I would appreciate it as I didn't know. I am sure others would be the same.

OK they might not be able to buy the correct item straight away if it meant spending more money than they then had but they would have the info to improve when they did.
Be a pessimist and never be disappointed.
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hmm as there was only one gebirgs unit there at the victory show could you tell me who and what he was doing wrong .maybe i can remedy the problem :wink:
must say tho we ...(the gebirgs) pride ourselfs on wearing the most up to date and origional kit
so if there was a problem then i need to know
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Stefan wrote
No Franz more like

"Show behind the night guard kit worn correctly"

followed by

"Orderly corporal take his name and give him two extras"

remember they never gave them out in ones always two's
Yea when I was At kightsbridge there was one real bad one called Eddy Edwards :shock: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage
nelz

Post by nelz »

Riedmuller wrote:i have given up trying i point things out and get but..or we tried we cant afford it or thats ok

like MP3008s being used in battles..but mr oxslade was booked out well take a deact
and wearing tan water helmet covers and there was the battle at the VS a guy behind me in gerbirgs gear looked shit just utter shit why do i bother doing it all right if they go and just slap it on
oh and same with the chinstrap the buckle is supposed to be on the left cheek but see too many people with it on the right cheek
Snipers , for obvious reasons, could be found wearing the helmet strap buckle, on the other side .

Sean

Post by Sean »

Yeah i hear it was personal preference as it could get in the way when looking down the sights.
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
missyd

Post by missyd »

What if you show a scene say in 1945 .... when all units where mixed and equipment far from beeing what it was in 1939?
Ci vediamo
Daniela

Dove c'e' da Rievocare noi Rievochiamo - Dove c'e' da Ricostruire noi Ricostruiamo
Wiganer

Post by Wiganer »

I thought that during the latter part of the war they started to re issue out of date clothing, seen photos of herr wearing M36 jackets with green collar, Falshie wearing the plain green early war jump smocks and brown leather and tropical webbing.

Mark
Unteroffizer: Markus Farn. Fallschirm-panzer Division, Hermann Goring.

http://www.ww2group.co.uk

wwtwogroup@blueyonder.co.uk

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”