General meeting?

Moderator: les hearn

Oberleutnant Ulrich

General meeting?

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Knowing that there's a certain amount us around now and groups are growing in the UK, I think it's high time we have a general GJ weekend meeting in the UK for us all to get to know one another...what do you guys say? I was thinking sometime this Fall and we could go for a long march. This would not be a BBQ event...such a think would shame the Edelweiss!
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Halle

Re: General meeting?

Post by Halle »

Very good idea :D
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Oberleutnant Ulrich

:D I knew you'd be first to comment....and approve :D
Arthur

Halle

Post by Halle »

Well , it is a good idea - I've no idea how many people represent Gebirgsjager in the UK - I suspect more than I imagine :D I think you'd be better off organising it at a major show though , far more likely to get people to turn up . You could work out who's up for a bit of climbing from there :evil:
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Well you've been kinda doing something similar already...I guess we make an event with your group somewhere in the "mountains" of yours (*cough* hills....) in the UK and invite all the other GJ units as well. From there we can see as you said see who's up for climbing...and of course who deserves to wear the Edelweiss or not :twisted:

I would also welcome any partisans or commonwealth troops to come along if a Private battle is in mind...GJ defend the ridge! Or GJ attack the stronghold using "alpine" techniques...try climbing when being shot at!
Arthur

Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

A great idea but i suggest you forget doing it in the UK as so far as i am aware ALL high ground suitable for what you would like to do is either designated as an area of outstaning natural beauty or administed by the national parks authority and i really cant see them allowing this sort of thing in there areas. The only chance you have is hiring MOD property which can be bloody expensive and in any case i dont know of any Military area suitable as it tends to be fairly flat ground.

Sorry to be a killjoy but a would investigate the chances of a location in full before making ANY plans.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Halle

Post by Halle »

Sadly , Crazy Feldgendarme is absolutely correct , no chance of mock battles I'm afraid Herr Leutnant - no reason why we can't all do Crib Goch or the Glyder Ridge though ? Sort the Jagers out from the boys.... :twisted:
Oberleutnant Ulrich

You damn killjoy! :lol:

Thanks for the warning, I'll watch out for that, the main objective would be for a hike...I don't think it's against the law to go on a hike in uniform in the UK? We could very easily also do prewar...so that means unarmed and keep it to a sportive event in period attire... :wink:
Arthur

Crazy Feldgendarme

No not against the law to go for a walk in uniform but i advise be carefull about badges with the Swaztica though since if a member of the public complains to the Police they have in the past arrested people for a potentual breech of the peace. Bloody country we cant do much without some killjoy moaning or complaining, whatever you do do not carry weapons of any sort and that includes Bayonets and Knives that do not comply with our laws on length and use (in other words short, pocket size and folding). In particular gravity knives are illegal in the UK and if caught carrying one you will be arrested and prosecuted.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Oberleutnant Ulrich

I think I would be more afraid of a thug with a piece of steel tubing in his hand instead of a guy walking around in a historical uniform and a machine-gun...but we're straying off topic....

As for symbols good to know, I wasn't sure how risky it would be in the UK. So for displaying them you could break the peace. But teens in long hanging pants (making it look like they shit themselves) with big gapping holes in their ears and piercings all over and a skull tattoo offends me and causes me to point, yell my head off in terror and run away.... :roll:

Ok, noted...will keep it discrete.

(Don't feel as if I'm mocking you, just tired of the public....still not used to the confinement in Europe...Canada was so much more easy going 8) )
Arthur

Crazy Feldgendarme

I do agree mate, sadly in the UK we have some of the hardest firearm and knife laws in the world much of this is down to loonies going mad and shooting people in droves and the younger element cutting chunks off each other with knives, bayonets, machettes etc and i suspect much of europe has the same attitude. We also have a large population of folk who like to think they are the guardians of everones morals and pleasure so if THEY dont like or want to do whatever it is then no one should they tend to have this attitude towards clothes and symbols as well though only in older people it seems the kids can wear or do whatever they want so far as they are concerned.

Even Airsoft weapons and replica ones are legislated for under the Violent crime reduction bill so not everone can buy them unless they are unusually small for what they represent or in florescent colours. This of course doesnt stop people getting hold of them illegally

GeFoPo
Halle

Post by Halle »

Crazy Feldgendarme , you're right to be cautious - however , our group has been into the Welsh mountains many times now , and the few people we've met have been very interested in what we're doing and why - no problems with the swastlika symbol , though we portray pre war Jagers and I think that helps during the explanation . We steer clear of easily/regularly used routes , like Snowdon , and rarely meet anyone .
Our next trip is possibly a winter one to Scotland :? The vastness of that area means you can easily " lose " yourself in the environment , and come across very few people . So a purely " sportif " event , as you suggest Herr Leutnant , is more than possible , we can maybe sort something out in September ?

Bergheil !!
funker50

Post by funker50 »

in the meantime if anyone in the north of England want to bung some zelts up etc in a more than usual remote location, you can always use my small field in the north pennines......
Vorwärts und aufwärts!
Oberleutnant Ulrich

That's a very kind offer Funker! Many thanks :)
Arthur

funker50

Post by funker50 »

no problem.
Vorwärts und aufwärts!

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”