Can cliques be damaging to the continuation of the forum ?

Moderator: johankreig

dagda

Re: Can cliques be damaging to the continuation of the forum

Post by dagda »

The long and the short of it is, if people stopped acting like arseholes there wouldnt be a problem.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

berlin1945

Re: See Ya

Post by berlin1945 »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:I believe it would be better Geoff to start a new thread if folks want to continue, else it could be construed that mods do things they stop others from doing. :wink:

So thats what i have done.

Cheers

Dave

good idea cookie , just want to get on with it now as my irish stuff is going down well and my german talks is also doing the circuit , so i dont conflict really with any one now.
Last edited by berlin1945 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

To be fair the idea was from Geoff himself (as was the title) i just processed it Martin.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:To be fair the idea was from Geoff himself (as was the title) i just processed it Martin.

yes geoff is a nice guy and very well versed in what he says.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

berlin1945 wrote:
Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:I believe it would be better Geoff to start a new thread if folks want to continue, else it could be construed that mods do things they stop others from doing. :wink:

So thats what i have done.

Cheers

Dave

good idea cookie and well i think in past there has been , having been a victim myself although i do forgive those, and also i played a negative part as well, just want to get on with it now as my irish stuff is going down well and my german talks is also doing the circuit , so i dont conflict really with any one now.
Thats fair play Mairtin, i myself am of the same mind, those that know me
know iam not political and do not get involved with "sides" i just want to
continue reenacting as i love this hobby and want to continue it for years
to come, basically these type of arguments/falling out dont do any of us
any good tbh, we should learn to get on, basically help and advise newcomers
without driving them away,
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

So, to try to avoid driving off the new guys, the old guys are driven off? The ones who could answer their questions?
Seems a bit arse about to me.
And what are the cliques? Do they exist? Are they an artifact of the 'group' system, people of the same group banding together?
Were Neil and Les a part of the same clique? PD and Westfront?
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

i dont think any one should be driven of , i believe we all have made mistakes in the past and every one deserves a chance, to play their part, maybe its time for a clean slate for every one and if we cant say anything good we should refrain from saying anything bad.

Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

berlin1945 wrote:i dont think any one should be driven of
I dont think there are many who would disagree with that, the problem is it is very clear it is happening.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Well said stig. What cliques are they the new world order? There are only groups who get on with other groups, that's it. This forum is fucked, truly fucked. :o

The silence is deafening,there is a lot reenactors here who dont post anymore? Why, well ask them the next time you see them over a beer and they will tell you out straight. Funny enough it was franz repper who persuaded me not to the leave the forum.
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Stigroadie wrote:
berlin1945 wrote:i dont think any one should be driven of
I dont think there are many who would disagree with that, the problem is it is very clear it is happening.
stig as i said people make mistakes , who's not guilty, balance of power or what ever changes , new people come and seek influence , others go, i would love to see neil and les back on here as they are nice people , also would like to see others come and play a positive part as in fighting achieves nothing and takes away from enjoyment of life.

Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Stigroadie wrote:So, to try to avoid driving off the new guys, the old guys are driven off? The ones who could answer their questions?
Seems a bit arse about to me.
And what are the cliques? Do they exist? Are they an artifact of the 'group' system, people of the same group banding together?
Were Neil and Les a part of the same clique? PD and Westfront?

:? You are splitting hairs of my posts again Stig,
some of the people who have left the forum I
classed as friends, it is sad to see friends leave
but i think their leaving has nothing to do with
the forum as such, it appears it is a private/admin
argument of which i know nothing about tbh, it is
nothing to do with me, my point being that people
should try to get on more and not hold grudges,
to all the people who have left i wish them well
in their future endevours.
Best regards, Peiper :wink:
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I see, asking questions and searching for answers is splitting hairs?
You can't accuse the forum of entertaining an elite, a clique and not elaborate on who these shadowy figures might be and what joins them together to form this clique.
I don't think it exists at all. I have made some enquiries with current and ex members, some are quite well known, they run groups, organise events, write books. None of them seem to know about it, not one had ever been invited to a meeting of this clique. More importantly, for my ego at least, neither had I.
Could it be that this imagined clique was no such thing? Could it be that many members of the forum all thought the same about one topic and voiced that? That it acted as a gestalt, that the one opinion was shared because it was true? The best answer available? I don't know, I didn't witness the cabal in action.
I do think there are people on the forum who know more than you about WW2 Germany, its troops and their uniforms. I know there are people who know much more about it than I do. Is it possible that you may have interpreted that as a slight? You saw a clique where there was just a shared opinion?
I don't know, I can't say but I can say I don't see any 'click' at work.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Stigroadie wrote:
Peiper wrote:Ever since i joined there has been the "know more than you crowd"
Isnt that what you should expect?
I've just joined a forum that covers a new interest I have. Everyone there knows more than I do.
Thats what I would expect, what use to a new member is a forum where the new guys are the experts?
I am a member of various football forums and you get the same type of politics and one-upmanship on those as you do with any re-enactment forum.

Unfortunately, the internet in general and forums in particular sometimes show the worst of human nature.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Schäfer wrote:
Peiper wrote:there has been the "know more than you crowd"
forums in particular sometimes show the worst of human nature.
Are you suggesting that knowledge is one of the worse parts of human nature?
That knowing more than your neighbour is bad? I cant imagine you are but thats what your choice of quote and post suggests to me.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

Stigroadie wrote:
Schäfer wrote:
Peiper wrote:there has been the "know more than you crowd"
forums in particular sometimes show the worst of human nature.
Are you suggesting that knowledge is one of the worse parts of human nature?
That knowing more than your neighbour is bad? I cant imagine you are but thats what your choice of quote and post suggests to me.
Hi Sean, how are you?

I was referring to the petty arguing and posturing that goes on within the various forums, including re-enactment, sport, etc, etc. My e-mail address is with AOL, and on their main e-mail page they have a forum called 'Huffington Post' where members discuss the latest news topics. That contains numerous daily bunfights as well.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Return to “Announcements”