Buyers beware...

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Jaws

Buyers beware...

Post by Jaws »

Is it just me seeing it, or is there an increase in new posters offering kit for sale just recently?

Buyers beware...

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
Crazy Feldgendarme

Re: Buyers beware...

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

There is indeed, hard to police though, down to the individual to make up his or her own mind and take a chance (or not).
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

Your right lad's ! seems there's a lot of stuff being sold at the moment from newbee's ..... its had to spot a good-un! from a bad one, but if you get had, post it up.... it might save some other poor soul ...remember, it can happen to anyone of us........! :shock:
AFRA member
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

its been the same on the big forum too, granted I have to admit to being a kind of new guy selling, mainly cos I actualy forgott about this forum even tho I am a member DOH.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
Crazy Feldgendarme

It would help as well if sellers bothered to read the rules on selling which is a sticky in the section, i have made that point yesterday to several folk but from now on if anyone clogs up the for sale part i may have to remove posts to make it fair on other people (read the rules its all in there). Introductions from new people before they put stuff up for sale would help as well

Regarding new sellers i dont have time to sit and monitor that section for newbies which is why it is not practicle to stop newbies posting sales cos as far as i can see that is the only way to do it.

So then Buyer beware.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

At the same time, it could be quite innocent, maybe one doesn't have much to say on the forum, but has some old stuff kicking around...
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

while some are clearing out unwanted kit, others are clearly running a business and not using the correct channels. They know who they are. Im really supprised nothing can be done, trolling though line after line of unwanted item is a real pain. Whats wrong with ebay? gun mart? Mill web? ah!! got it!! dont want to spend the money where this forum will let you advertise for nought!!! Time it was stopped.
graham
Crazy Feldgendarme

Well all i can say is short of making it people have to be vetted and authorised to get membership on here which would defeat the point of an open forum, there simply aint any other way than mods sitting looking at all for sale posts and determining which are genuine folk getting rid of surplus and which are traders AND then either removing there posts or TRYING to make a charge to them (which they may or may not pay) its a near impossible task.
Once again i will say i aint got the time inclination and patience to do that (let alone the permissions), however if you feel you can spend hours every day making decisions on things like this then feel free to get in touch with Alex and offer your services.

Sorry to say this but it seems you do not understand how these forums work in the background, all we can do is set rules for traders and sellers which we hope they will stick to and bounce some like i have recently to try to get them to conform. Asd i said to a few not so long ago if they over step the mark blatantly i WILL remove there posts and if i think fit issue warnings as to there future conduct HOWEVER i aint on here 24/7/365 and can only do so much.

Finaly i do my best but if you think you can do better get in touch with Alex and tell him so.

Whilst we are on the subject i am getting fed up with reports on posts which relate to events that have happened outside of this forum and the next one i get the reporter will receive a warning for wasting my time, simply put i dont care a crap if Fred has called Joe a pair of donkeys nuts on another forum or in person, so long as it doesnt happen on here it aint my concern.

Rant over
Soapbox returned to the shed.

Regards
Dave

GeFoPo
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Cant you get some help?
What happened to the king of cut and paste Westfront?
Feldjager?
Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

the whole idea of this place is that it is a FORUM.

direct complaints will be dealt with, but am not gonna get dirty with your soiled reenactor underpants. you wash them your selves.

this is a nice site and if you can't play nice the GeFoPo will ban you :)

Alex.

Return to “General”