german cavalry in the uk re enactment

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

berlin1945

Re: german cavalry in the uk re enactment

Post by berlin1945 »

Sturmschar wrote:Richard and I had pretentions in the "horsey" thing a few years back!
Excellent photo
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

funny how the grape vine works, this weekend i was told that you and richard had done this but was told this was a 1 off, however great photo. i'll speak to richard at stonleigh in a couple of weeks, many thanks,
graham
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Graham I have tipped Rich off - the look is not at all difficult - however the nag is a very different question, as anyone who has watched the pre WW1 battles at Detling and other shows will know!! We were very fortunate in that I had a contact in the horse fraternity who had very good horses; I also have a deal of experience in riding them. Experience and quality horse flesh are key, those who have had the odd meander round the woods on a Saturday afternoon are invariably going to come unstuck. It’s a great idea and I hope you manage to bring it off, I will be looking out for you.
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Would my Donkey off Brighton beach be OK for late war ? Its very good it has a leg at each corner
ImageImageImageImageImage
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Would my Donkey off Brighton beach be OK for late war ? Its very good it has a leg at each corner
Last 1 i rode seemed to have all the legs in one corner, wouldnt budge at all
[Graham I have tipped Rich off - the look is not at all difficult - however the nag is a very different question, as anyone who has watched the pre WW1 battles at Detling and other shows will know!! We were very fortunate in that I had a contact in the horse fraternity who had very good horses; I also have a deal of experience in riding them. Experience and quality horse flesh are key, those who have had the odd meander round the woods on a Saturday afternoon are invariably going to come unstuck. It’s a great idea and I hope you manage to bring it off, I will be looking out for you.
/quote]
thanks any help you can give would be apperciated. ill make a bee line for Richard first. i propose to "get up to speed" slowly, no charging around till i have mastered the art of riding!! Garry H will be teaching me at his new riding stables in kent, also i have some friends who have invited me to tag along with them and also teach me "horse management"
Anyone else interested in the Heer Kavallerie??
graham
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Duncan and I have both gone through the HCR Riding school at Knightsbridge and the Army way riding a horse is different to the Civilian way
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

true, but ive got to start somewhere, i dont have your military training. If its any good, does it vary much from the american union cavalry?
graham
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

pepperpot wrote:true, but ive got to start somewhere, i dont have your military training. If its any good, does it vary much from the american union cavalry?
graham
Graham sorry I wasnt trying to be a smart ass just trying to say that there is a difference but learning with a cavilian school is good start
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

ah sod it
get on ...slap its arse ...and hold on tight....that works

failing that wear eight pairs of trousers for when ya fall on ya ass
:lol:
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

Graham sorry I wasnt trying to be a smart ass just trying to say that there is a difference but learning with a cavilian school is good start
thanks i appreciate your input, trouble with writing that what i may have wanted to say, didnt come out the same. Good job we still have use of the pnone!!
a unit i belonged to some years ago insisted communications were by phone.
Franz, will you be at Beltring, if so where, will be great to talk with you.
graham
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

ah sod it
get on ...slap its arse ...and hold on tight....that works

failing that wear eight pairs of trousers for when ya fall on ya ass
you going to run in front with the large RED flag then Les?? :lol: :lol:
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

pepperpot wrote:
thanks i appreciate your input, trouble with writing that what i may have wanted to say, didnt come out the same. Good job we still have use of the pnone!!
a unit i belonged to some years ago insisted communications were by phone.
Franz, will you be at Beltring, if so where, will be great to talk with you.
graham
Yes Good sir I will be there as will Duncan (I think )
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

Kriekey Joel I didn’t know you had been a donkey walloper though I knew Duncan was, got any pic’s??

Graham let me know when you are going riding in Kent as I am only half an hour away, I also have the full Heer cavalry kit as well as FG.
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

will do, look forward to that.
graham
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Sturmschar wrote:Kriekey Joel I didn’t know you had been a donkey walloper though I knew Duncan was, got any pic’s??
No sir I did not make it to kit ride (riding in state kit ) as I had an accident with Gollywog ask Duncan about this . And dont have any Food or drink in your mouth when he tells you :shock:

Return to “General”