Can i ask for the Help of the Great German Re-enactment Foru

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
dragon gun

Can i ask for the Help of the Great German Re-enactment Foru

Post by dragon gun »

Just a quick Hello to everyone who nows me.

Is it possiable for someone out their to give me some information.

I have been asked about a Wooden STOCK on a MP3008 i have never seen one we have checked our resorces books even Jane`s Guns and cannot find any information or pictures of it.

Does anyone have a photo of one also can you give me a brief history on it eg who used it, where was it used and also what date was it used.

Thanks A lot
Wendy From Wales

by the way hello Paul
Is it true i can retire when i die.

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May
take a step back in time…..multi-period living history and military vehicle weekend.

Set in the wonderful grounds of CALDICOT CASTLE COUNTRY PARK
Church Road, Caldicot NP26 4HU
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

Formerly of GD Recon.
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

They got there before me!

EDITED
Last edited by Feldjager on Sat May 13, 2006 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Wasn't an MP3008. It was the Nachgebaute Maschinenpistole System Sten Volksturm-MP Kopie Nr2
MP3008 came in 3 models -
Mauser - Sten T Stock - No pistol grip
Gerät Neumünster - Wire Stock - No Pistol Grip
Gerät Neumünster 3008 Blohm u Voss - T stock, Pistol Grip.

Kopie Nr2 had a simple board stock held on with a plate and two screws....

Production of these weapons begun in 1944 for the Training of the Volksturm. These weapons were primarily made for the Volksturm and are not recorded as being issued to Regualr forces. Security Services did request 28,000 "Gerat Potsdam" as they were known..... MY information does not tell me if they received them.

For good information (needing translation) on not only German small arms but a wide variety of nations, I can recommend "Infanteriewaffen" Illustrierte enzyklopaedie der infenteriewaffen aus aller welt...... No 1 has the ISBN nr 3-89488-036-8

Hope this helps. - It's no good anyway - They are useless against Tommies..... Nothing can stand up to a Bren!!!! :lol:
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

it seems dave they were a final result
very late in the war .
maybe wood was easier to come by than metal in the end?
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Riedmuller

Post by Riedmuller »

looks like you guys got there first but what i posted on the other forum
"most of them had metal stocks with only one maker useing a wooden stock so i would doubt there were any sent to the front and if so was more likely to have been issued to the volkssturm who it was intended to be used by.
But the wooden stock was secured with rivets and a large hole drilled into it persumably for the sling
i have a pic but cant put it up as i have no cam @ the moment"
but the pic on wikipedia is the one

so to be honest i wouldent have thaught one with a wooden stock would have been seen at all
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Gun pictured on Wikipedia is as explained - Kopie Nr2. Click the image and the contributor adds his own hypothesis... "Seems to have" had the cocking handle swapped from "other MP3008"...... In fact the guns Wendy has already made are excellent copies of metal stocked 3008s. If she does the wooden stocked one then she is adding another German Volksturm weapon to her range.

The range of weapons were called System Sten..... The designations were As I gave you - 3008 Mauser etc. Although they were made in a triffik amount of factories including Haenel u Suhl, Erma, Oberndorf, Walther, the shipyard at Blohm u Voss,
dragon gun

A big thank you

Post by dragon gun »

Thanks for the information supplied you are all gents.

Sometimes i do need to ask for information and its great to now, that i can get the answers.

Yes Paul, I now the Bren gun is excellent but with the new batch of Fg42 out soon i am going to have to get Paul a 25 pounder up and running what blank will that take NOT 9mm win mag though.

Lots Of Love From Wales
Wendy
Is it true i can retire when i die.

FORTRESS WALES 2014
1st and 2nd May
take a step back in time…..multi-period living history and military vehicle weekend.

Set in the wonderful grounds of CALDICOT CASTLE COUNTRY PARK
Church Road, Caldicot NP26 4HU
Salerno43

Post by Salerno43 »

I read somewhere (escapes me at the mo) that the some of the Volksturm had there weapons either confiscated for issue to regulars, or although intended for VS were given to forming WH units that were unarmed. This was obviously a last minute deal and as rare as.

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”