New Smock

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Hans Gowert

New Smock

Post by Hans Gowert »

New smock ?

http://www.panther-store.cz/katalog-zbo ... cniky/C006

appearently does the uniforms from zug, but i thought it was a bavarian clothing company that did thomas's uniforms ?

Tom
Luger08

Re: New Smock

Post by Luger08 »

Hans Gowert wrote:New smock ?

http://www.panther-store.cz/katalog-zbo ... cniky/C006

appearently does the uniforms from zug, but i thought it was a bavarian clothing company that did thomas's uniforms ?

Tom
Nobody said that. Zeugmeisterei is in Bavaria.
Thomas wrote allways on his website: The best quality reproduction that is available on the market ! MADE IN EUROPE !

It is the same ZM smock.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

bavarian clothing company is what it says on his website.

anyway, doesnt matter,

fact is, that isnt the same smock, the colouring is different , and same with the RiRi zips, and the internal items are a different colour.

So, 3,900.00 CZK = 140.107 GBP
Czech Republic Koruny United Kingdom Pounds

versus
Luger08

Post by Luger08 »

Than call the supplier, who is the company partner of Zeugmeisterei, he will tell you the same like I did. :roll:
It is the same smock just the colours and the contrast of the pictures are different.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

if the colours are different,

then it is not the same smock. Because what makes the smock are the colours and pattern. If its a different colour then we have another playing field opening up because it is a different smock. Might be made by the same people , but the pattern, colour,zips, internal pocket material is different so it is a different smock.

The pattern is the most obviouse difference

Luger08

Post by Luger08 »

Well, what shall I say when you know it better than the supplier... :lol:

Thomas wrote: Militaria from Bavaria, by reenactors for reenactors, since 2003.

So show me please where he wrote Bavarian clothing company.
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

I think what Luger is trying to say is that it's the photos showing false colour due to lighting etc.
It's the same cloth lit and photographed by different people at different times.
There are detail differences, you show the zippers and stamps. That might be down to ZM specing a certain zip or stamp when the other vendors have another version?
I'm willing to bet it's the same cloth cut to the same pattern with detail differences down to the dealer who will sell them on or even what zippers were available to the maker at the time he needed them.
Not exactly a new smock just a variation on the same basic pattern.
Last edited by Stigroadie on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luger08

Post by Luger08 »

I agree with that wise man called Stigroadie.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Luger08 wrote:I agree with that wise man called Stigroadie.

sean, wise ? nah !! :P

i believe that the cut will be the same, but there are to many variations for it to be classed as a 'zug' smock if you know what i mean. I believe certain things have been changed, Pattern,Colour,zips,internal materals from what the pictures show. Obviously, i dont have an eye for these things as the experts do, so i await there opinion on the matter aswell.

Darren,paul,fenech over to you :P

Tom
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

You are suffering from 'Confirmation Bias' Tom.
You want it to be a new smock so it is. :wink:
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i am happy with my Zug smock,

But smocks boots and helmets are the 3 biggest thing for a FJ to get right :) :)
Fenech

Post by Fenech »

I would have to agree with Luger & Stig here

Zeugmeisterei is a retailer not a manufacturer - most of the 'ZM' kit is made in czech republic if I'm not mistaken.
I bought my ZM smock about 4 years ago and it has generic zips and poppers not the riri and prym branded hardware used on his more recent smocks - I think the hardware currently used is either specified by Thomas or even supplied by him.

SASAK - the Society for the Abolition of Splinter A Knochensack
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Fenech wrote:I would have to agree with Luger & Stig here

Zeugmeisterei is a retailer not a manufacturer - most of the 'ZM' kit is made in czech republic if I'm not mistaken.
I bought my ZM smock about 4 years ago and it has generic zips and poppers not the riri and prym branded hardware used on his more recent smocks - I think the hardware currently used is either specified by Thomas or even supplied by him.

master fenech has spoken,

nuff said :)
carentan

Post by carentan »

Hi Tom, Zippers don't mean 'owt I asked Thomas to put the plastic zips in my Zeug smock because they don't scratch your hands like the metal ones....thus my Zeug smock from nearly 2 years ago has white plastic zips. Also, I asked Thomas to have my German name and rank stamped in the lining of my smock...Thus it has different markings as well. Mine was made in Czech and sold through Thomas, if you approach the company who made it directly they would point you in the direction of their retail partner....Thomas :lol:
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
Jager Roll

Post by Jager Roll »

I Emailed the Gentleman at the panter store and he only wants half of what Zeug is asking for a smock ($223, I guess Thomas really marked up his smocks!). Has anyone delt with this gentleman yet and know if he is dependable ?

Oh yeah. Before I forget.
SASAK

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”