Which period airsoft guns are you using?

warren

batteries

Post by warren »

cheers stig

Ok - how many batteries packs would i need for 1 days gaming? - i know the question is like how long is a piece of string - but in your experience what is the minimum number required.

If airsoft events are 2 days are there usually recharging facilities for the batteries or do you need 2 days worth of batteries?

thanks
woz
Old 'Un

Re: batteries

Post by Old 'Un »

warren wrote:cheers stig

Ok - how many batteries packs would i need for 1 days gaming? - i know the question is like how long is a piece of string - but in your experience what is the minimum number required.

If airsoft events are 2 days are there usually recharging facilities for the batteries or do you need 2 days worth of batteries?

thanks
woz
One battery should be enough , unlike most airsofting WWII is played at a slower , hopefully more realistic pace, typically with ammo limits of 600 rounds at any one time . This means people choose their shots rather than spray white rain everywhere.

With regards to the original title

AGM MP44
CA 33 converted to MP44
P38
WA 1911A1
Browning 50 cal :twisted:

Oh yeah and thanks to PG.net opening this forum up , as part of the CiA team I'm looking forward to getting both reenactors and WWII softers together , we have so much to learn from each other. :D
Last edited by Old 'Un on Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yith

Post by Yith »

Well, I do Allied, not axis... but since there isn't an Allied equivalent to this forum, I thought you wouldn't mind me posting my list... :)

Period:
SMLE No4 MkI
Sten MkV
Thompson M1928A1
Colt M1911A1
Browning Hi Power M1935

Almost Period: ;)
S&W M10 Heavy Barrel Version
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

The Allies are welcome here, we just ask you remember it's a Forum/site for German re-enactors. You might not like all that you see? :shock:
Yith

Post by Yith »

lol... fair enough! :D
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

Recursing to Warrens question, look for batteries with the highest capacity possible (mAh) In general i'd be very surprised if you used more than a total of 3000 mAh over the course of a weekend (be that in one pack, or several - its a cumulative total)

In an entire day, using the '42 for suppressive fire, and going through over 18K BB's in a day, my 3300mAh battery was still going strong.
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
nelz

Post by nelz »

Airsoft !! , right here we go , .. help me out Guys , best supplier[s] , for an Mg42 , K98 , .. Mp44 , top quality , best performing types . :roll:

Also consumables , ammo , etc .

Typical... Pd puts on a new Topic on the forum , .. and now it's gonna cost me a fortune !! :shock: :shock:
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

MG 42, best to get it direct from Shoei themselves, there is a new production run due soon - http://www.shoeiseisakusho.co.jp

K98 - Tanaka, don't bother with the Marushin. Places to buy? have a look at the shops listed already on this thread. Spare mags *aint* cheap though. If you want to buy in the UK, then its worth speaking to Frank or John at http://www.fire-support.co.uk

MP44 - Like the Holy Grail, but rarer. Awaiting its next production run. Shoei are a small company.

The biggest arse about the whole thing? Apart from the MP44, real-deal and deac K98's and 42's are cheaper than the Airsoft versions.

Hope that helps a bit.
Major Richard Heidrich: "Why do you want to jump out of a perfectly good aeroplane?"

Willi Schmidt: "When the Luftwaffe builds a perfectly good aeroplane, Sir, I shan't need to"
nelz

Post by nelz »

Cheers Heinz, :D

Most helpful, probably have more questions later. :shock:

The Airsoft thing looks a very attractive and fun , infill , between the seasons normal reenacting events.

Do I need to join a Group ? Can I take me combo to events ? :?
stubblehopper

Post by stubblehopper »

Looks like Herr Feldwebel Dolman is already forming a group of his own.
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

nelz - its pretty informal, no such "groups" to join. Just turn up and play (though most half-decent WW2 bashes do running a booking system) All the CiA bashes are booking-only. That way people have a clue what the numbers are going to be like lol

Regarding the combo, some sites yes, some no. Question is, do you mind it getting hit by the odd BB?

nelz

Post by nelz »

Hell no !! If the BB's dont kill me . they won't hurt me combo.!!

I bought it to battle with, not just for display.

If any of you guys have an airsoft Mg....... Then there is a sidecar with full Mg mount , waiting for you to take your place.

You give covering fire !! and I will show you where the BMW's go !!

Only apply IF ; 1. You like going fast.
2. Happy to learn side car balancing techniques.
3. Like sidecar wheelies.
4. Don't fall out when all three wheels leave the ground.
5. Can jump in or out , when moving.

Not suitable for anyone with full kit on who is not agile or reasonably fit.

This combo is a fighting Machine,.. It will not be at an event , just for a jolly !

So do I have any worthy Mg gunners ?????????

pzrwest

airsoft replicas?

Post by pzrwest »

Are airsoft weapons concidered replicas or non guns in the UK? Here they are a grey area they can be classified as replicas because they resemble both in size and color and look like real firearms. Here replicas are prohibited unless you owned the replica prior to dec1 1998. Will the new VCR bill affect buying or selling airsoft weapons there?
Heinz

Post by Heinz »

They are classified as Realistic Imitation Firearms - upto 1.35J of power. Above that is a bit of a grey area. Even with the advent of the VCR Act here in the UK, meaning only museums, reenactors, film companies and Airsofters can sell/import/manufacture them (either by Amendment or Regulation of the act) We still have it a lot easier than you guys over in Canada.

pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

In some respects Once one has their PAL they can buy rifles and ammunition with no hassle. With my PAL I can buy a semi-auto mg34 with no problems other than installing a BFA to fire blanks. I can even use it to go hunting with... roamin through the woods here with a 50 round belt of ammo... ain't no deer gonna get away on me ....lol
Heinz wrote:They are classified as Realistic Imitation Firearms - upto 1.35J of power. Above that is a bit of a grey area. Even with the advent of the VCR Act here in the UK, meaning only museums, reenactors, film companies and Airsofters can sell/import/manufacture them (either by Amendment or Regulation of the act) We still have it a lot easier than you guys over in Canada.

Return to “WWII Airsoft”