Pet hates?

Swap information and ask any questions about an impression.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Re: Pet hates?

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

I have another one... People who wear knight's crosses!!!!!!!!! That's just taking it too far, unless correctly recreating someone's biography like FMROMMEL does of course.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Or other over the top awards, like the CCC in gold, golden tank destruction badges and so on.

Something thats just plain stupid, is when reproductions are being being compared to other reproductions, as to judge accuracy.
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

Mikkel wrote:Something thats just plain stupid, is when reproductions are being being compared to other reproductions, as to judge accuracy.
So, Janke or Sturm...? :mrgreen: :wink:
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Schuetze Arsch

Post by Schuetze Arsch »

People with fantasy uniforms (especially fantasy camo like 4 colors pea dot pattern) who
transforming a reputable hobby into a karnevall event. Air mattresses, camping chairs and hippie hair cuts are also a no go !

People who have their knowledge only from the studying of books or images (never had a original piece in hands) and believe to know how real German WW2 camouflage and uniforms looks like.
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:I have another one... People who wear knight's crosses!!!!!!!!! That's just taking it too far, unless correctly recreating someone's biography like FMROMMEL does of course.
I'm for the Ritterkreuz, but only if the person has saved a fellow reenactor from death.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Why ?
Why should reenactment medals reflect what we have actually done?
Would anyone every deserve anything in reality?

It's the same wierd idea about real service medals should be translated into reenactment medals. I simply don't get it.

Schuetze Arsch wrote:People who have their knowledge only from the studying of books or images (never had a original piece in hands) and believe to know how real German WW2 camouflage and uniforms looks like.
It's just as bad with people who have seen a single variant of something, and then belives that every other example must look 100% like that one.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Mikkel wrote:Why ?
Why should reenactment medals reflect what we have actually done?
Would anyone every deserve anything in reality?

It's the same wierd idea about real service medals should be translated into reenactment medals. I simply don't get it.
Because then you have certain criteria to prevent people from wearing too many and without thought. If there is a good reason for a group to give you a medal, the medal has some personal value. Real service medals could be translated into reenactment medals easily, if they are similar... If someone has a victoria cross in real life I won't stop him from wearing a RK in reenactment... It's all about thinking your actions through.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Mikkel wrote:
Schuetze Arsch wrote:People who have their knowledge only from the studying of books or images (never had a original piece in hands) and believe to know how real German WW2 camouflage and uniforms looks like.
It's just as bad with people who have seen a single variant of something, and then belives that every other example must look 100% like that one.
I agree with both of you.
Mikkel

Post by Mikkel »

Why not have some more thought through unit criteria instead?
It's not like any (serious) unit would allow their members to just wear what uniform they fancy. So why let them wear what medals they want?
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Mikkel wrote:Why not have some more thought through unit criteria instead?
It's not like any (serious) unit would allow their members to just wear what uniform the members fancy, so why let them wear what medals they want ?
Agreed, full 100%
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Mikkel wrote:Why not have some more thought through unit criteria instead?
It's not like any (serious) unit would allow their members to just wear what uniform they fancy. So why let them wear what medals they want?
I agree 100% on that one we Have a unit award Criterria you cant join our unit give your self any rank or any award it has to be earnt
ImageImageImageImageImage
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Sincere greetings

What's annoyed me recently is reference and militaria books that give you
the wrong information or contradict one another :?
It seems all the information ive read over the years is lies or made up, :|
even on military/history sites on the net the information is often contradictory :roll:
Where do you get the facts and truth from, it is very frustrating? :?
Tommorrow im going to have a bonfire and get rid of all these stupid books, :lol:
(This post is just an observation and is not intended to cause offence or dismay and
is not aimed at any individual personally)

Warm regards
Peiper.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Peiper wrote:Sincere greetings

What's annoyed me recently *blabla*
Warm regards
Peiper.
That's why I get most of my information from written primary sources in german, or photographs... That's the most reliable.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Peiper wrote: Tommorrow im going to have a bonfire and get rid of all these stupid books, :lol:
(This post is just an observation and is not intended to cause offence or dismay and
is not aimed at any individual personally
Good Sir when you are having the said bonfire please make shure you follow the HSE and EU guidlines or you could be it the Poo !!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Franz repper wrote: Good Sir when you are having the said bonfire please make shure you follow the HSE and EU guidlines or you could be it the Poo !!
Thanks for the advice Franz :wink:

Return to “Questions, Tips and Tricks”