Question regarding Kriegsmarine medcial uniforms. ( Help !!)

U-boot, German Navy, Italian navy.

Moderator: pzrwest

Tychsen

Question regarding Kriegsmarine medcial uniforms. ( Help !!)

Post by Tychsen »

I have spent a while looking through Angolia/ Schmildt's "Kriegsmarine Uniform and Tradition" series ( RJ Bender) and have not found anything on the uniform worn by Doctors / Medical Staff .
Can anyone give me any info on this subject , badges , style of uniform , ranks etc ?
This is for a friend who is considering buying a Kgm uniform made up in style of a Doctor.

Advice and help would be much appreciated.
If you have any plates , photos etc , please pm me and I will send you my email address.

Thank you in advance.
Js
Shergar

Re: Question regarding Kriegsmarine medcial uniforms. ( Help !!)

Post by Shergar »

funny you should approach this topic as just back as a guest to a privete european collection that had km uniforms and doctors tunic s in it . dont have photos as requested not to but i can pass details to you about the collection and organise a visit for you when travelling again .
pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

I have a scan of a picture of Edgar's brother Eric when he got married. he was a Sanitator on a ship. Edgar can't remember the name of the ship other than it was sunk in the Med. Eric survived the sinking but was killed 4 days before the end of the war. In the pic he is wearing the dress jacket with all the buttons on it. I can post it if anyone is interested
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

I guess if he was a doctor he would have been an officer.

So, he would have had officer's (silver) epaulettes with a gold staff/snake device on top of each epaulette. These are quite often seen on Germany ebay, to be honest. I'll dig through my pics to see if I have one stored.

The example above is that of a feldwebel, but the gold medical device is identical.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

pzrwest

Post by pzrwest »

Schäfer someone has put those cyphers on the straps upside down the snakes heads should be toward the buttonhole
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

pzrwest wrote:Schäfer someone has put those cyphers on the straps upside down the snakes heads should be toward the buttonhole
Hi there Harold.

Well spotted, I missed that.

However, it's actually a photo I recently downloaded from Germany eBay. I quite often do that for reference purposes.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Return to “Kriegsmarine”