Maruzen P38

KB Martinsen

Maruzen P38

Post by KB Martinsen »

I have a Maruzen P38, and while I've been quite pleased with it, the fact that it's mostly plastic annoys me.

Does anyone know if metal body & barrel kits can be purchased for it? And if so, where?

Regards
KB
dink

Post by dink »

Dunno I've got a P38 and bar the mock bakelite handles its all metal, and the same brand :?
KB Martinsen

Post by KB Martinsen »

dink wrote:Dunno I've got a P38 and bar the mock bakelite handles its all metal, and the same brand :?
Really? Where did you get yours then?
dink

Post by dink »

Hong Kong the place all airsofters go (via the internet)... well they did before this weekend :lol:
KB Martinsen

Post by KB Martinsen »

Mine is the same as the one reviewed here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn ... review.htm

I haven't seen a metal version before, perhaps yours was some sort of limited edition?

KB
dink

Post by dink »

Mines more black on the handle but the only bit other than in its giblets that is plastic on mine is the mock bakelite bits, mine I don't think is anything "special" ie ltd edition, :? curious now what you paid, though I got mine stupidly cheap, and where you bought it from. Is yours really light then if its all plastic ? finding this most odd :oops:
Chomley-Warner

Post by Chomley-Warner »

Aye, it's plastic Dinks. Slide, barrel, trigger guard & grips all plastic. The working parts are metal - trigger, hammer, levers etc. Big metal weights in the grip!

I'd say it's pretty convincing though (but wouldn't put anything other than 134a gas through it). Never seen after-market parts for it though.
dink

Post by dink »

Che says ours aren't plastic unfortunately as we bought it from hk I can't actually tell you what its made of :wink: but it feels, weighs unlike plastic and doesn't melt like plastic thats my scientific analogy for it, I'll have to check properly at the weekend when it returns form its jaunt of safe keeping to my clutches now
KB Martinsen

Post by KB Martinsen »

I've had it a while now, but I think it cost me about 140 quid at the time. It was bought at a dealer here in Denmark

It's not light, as it's got weights in it to give it more heft, but it's definitely plastic.

How much did yours cost?
KB
Chomley-Warner

Post by Chomley-Warner »

Hmmm, want's yours then.
dink

Post by dink »

:oops: £30 well $60 bought 3 of them, I noticed prices have now increased in HK what with the VCR bill coming in, even there :cry: foiled at hiding them in someones storage when they ship furniture :lol: cos they be same price as here soon :evil:

Return to “WWII Airsoft”