Dedicated Women's Group

Moderators: BDMhistorian, Wilder Feger

Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

axis sally wrote:
Would all members have to come via Jons casting couch?
Jon...you are not still thinking of reenacting "Lebensborn" are you? You know that you as a participant would have to produce the "Ariernachweis" :twisted:

Liebe Grüße,
Beate
My racial papers are all correct and i still have my foreskin :lol:

Women i reenactment, theres different reason why women reeact same as why men do, some do it out of interest, others cos hobby drags them along, some cos they want to see what hubby gets up too, others make reenactoing a family affair.

If the impression is done correctly and in context with the displays i cant see a problem.
I womens section within WARS was an idea i was thinking about last year but never really took off. IMHO you need an idea like Paul said a field HQ with different women roles being portrayed, busy on typewriters, radios etc and relaying messages etc to different displays around shows.
gremlina

Post by gremlina »

I would love to see some of the things that others have suggested. I've been working to acquire all the things necessary for my luftnachrictenhelferin impression. Of course it is hard to do by yourself so it would be lovely if women could get together to do such. Personally I don't go to reenactments to be a decoration. :-) I'd still love to do flakhelferin... but that will be a future endeavor... :lol:
As for women coming out with their men folk..I think as others have said that sometimes the men drag them out with them and buy them things without doing the research. Sure the men are expert in their impressions but they don't usually do the research on female impressions before buying wife/girlfriend an outfit or uniform and the woman because she is being drug out doesn't do the proper research. Then there are the women that follow their significant others because they want to "keep an eye on them." And then there are the rest of us female reenactors. :-) Honestly my husband will tell you that I put more research into my impressions than even he does! :-)

Stacey
bee

Post by bee »

Jon Das Reich wrote: If the impression is done correctly and in context with the displays i cant see a problem.
Mhh. For my part I don't like the woman stuff. I'd rather roll in the dirt and shoot the enemy. And I was told I look the part on more than one occasion. Most of them didn't even realize I was a girl...

Btw: We still haven't had a beer at Beltring, if I recall that correctly. Have to make up for that sometime!
bee.
--
the greatest pet i had was a flat rat.
Jon Das Reich

Post by Jon Das Reich »

Bee
youre more than welcome and coming over and having a beer with the guys and myself.

Rolling around in the dirty you dont have to be dressed up as a man to do that.

Whats wrong being dressed up as a BDM lass?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

With a Balkonette Dirndle on.... (hang on - Bee...... stings..... NAh! p'raps not!)

But we love you Bee! we love you!
bee

Post by bee »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:With a Balkonette Dirndle on.... (hang on - Bee...... stings..... NAh! p'raps not!)
And I thought I was a sick twisted individual ;)
But we love you Bee! we love you!
Make banners!
bee.
--
the greatest pet i had was a flat rat.

Return to “Female (civilian/military) Re-enacting”