Stauffenberg film

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
dieter

Post by dieter »

wasn,t stauffenberg over 6 foot in reality, i' sure in the few surviving photo's of him he towers over the rest. but i could be wrong.

and yes unfortunatly (mad as a irainian navigator) cruise will be playing billy fiske in a film entitiled
"the few" who in reality was credited with one kill (which i beleve was a shared) and died before what is even considerd the the offcial start of the the battle (13th augast 1940 adlertag-eagle day). but you can bet that those good old hollywood script writers will over look this.
and it will be somthing along the lines of that oh so cringe worthy bit of script from pearl harbour "if there are many more like you back home, god help anyone who go's to war with amarica" or however it went.
here is a link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388940/

Cheers
scott

oh and a message to any hollywood types who may be reading.
IF YOU MUST DO OTHER NATIONS HISTORY-DO IT RIGHT! OR GO DIE IN A DITCH.
ein volk, ein reich, ein ME????

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
65ste nachrichtan abteilung / 85ste Gebirgsjager regt
(aka Scott Davies, aka oi you! yeah you!)
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

March into the production office Scott - Put a cup and saucer on the table - Smash it up with a truncheon and walk out.

That should give them something to think about......

Oh

and when you leave - Slide a note marked "NOISE" under the door. No one will follow you that way. :wink:
Kolya

Post by Kolya »

dieter wrote:wasn,t stauffenberg over 6 foot in reality, i' sure in the few surviving photo's of him he towers over the rest. but i could be wrong.

and yes unfortunatly (mad as a irainian navigator) cruise will be playing billy fiske in a film entitiled
"the few" who in reality was credited with one kill (which i beleve was a shared) and died before what is even considerd the the offcial start of the the battle (13th augast 1940 adlertag-eagle day). but you can bet that those good old hollywood script writers will over look this.
and it will be somthing along the lines of that oh so cringe worthy bit of script from pearl harbour "if there are many more like you back home, god help anyone who go's to war with amarica" or however it went.
here is a link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388940/

Cheers
scott

oh and a message to any hollywood types who may be reading.
IF YOU MUST DO OTHER NATIONS HISTORY-DO IT RIGHT! OR GO DIE IN A DITCH.
Not to be pedantic, but he was killed on the 17th August I think.
dieter

Post by dieter »

yep kolya your right, sorry my bad. i could have sworn it was the 7th.

paul perhaps smash the cup, then with a pointy figure say somthing like, " right! now don't do it again!" a la life of brian.

Noise, my sepciallity and i was such a quiet lad untill i started this game.

just out of intrest, dose anyone now if stauffenberg was married?
ein volk, ein reich, ein ME????

schuetze Dieter Kuemmel
65ste nachrichtan abteilung / 85ste Gebirgsjager regt
(aka Scott Davies, aka oi you! yeah you!)
wolfsangel

Post by wolfsangel »

I think his wife would have known about it

sadly, my crap memory negates any chance of backing up his marital status, white two sugars senility etc etc

Seriously though I am pretty sure he married into aristocrasy (apologies for the spelling)

Matt
FMROMMEL

Post by FMROMMEL »

Just keep Von Short-Arse away from me, I know nothing I was In France at the time Honest guy, its a set up!!!!!
http://www.forceschildrenstrust.org
The Forces Children’s Trust is helping dependent children that have lost a parent whilst serving with UK Armed Forces.
Dietmar

Post by Dietmar »

If memory serves me right, he was, and his family were incarcerated in Buchenwald for the remainder of the war. In slightly better accomodation then the rest of the inmates, mind you, but this ironically led to to some of them being killed when the US bombed the camp later in the war. But I can't remember which ones now. Bee did buy me a book about the camp when we visited there last year. I'll have to see if it says anything about the Stauffenbergs when I get home.
Helmut Von Moltke

Post by Helmut Von Moltke »

KImage
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

That's George von Stauffenberg Helmut!
He was hanged at Plötzensee for his activities in the Fuhrerbunker gents loos.
(Be careful von Moltke - You will be next!)
Dietmar

Post by Dietmar »

The next photo in the series shows George von Stauffenberg's helmet.

Sorry, getting my Zeltbahn as we speak.......

Sorry for veering way off topic, but here are Helmut's references (seeing as he hasn't listed them himself, tut, tut):-

http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Barracks/1261/
http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/Barra ... 5/gaps.htm

Cry havoc and let slip the stitch nazis!
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

The role was supposed to have gone to Thomas Krestchmann (Stalingrad, The Pianist). But Hollywood stepped in.
Formerly of GD Recon.

Return to “Anything WWII!”