Germany wants to ban nazi symbols within EU

General WWII and Reenactment Topics Only. Post anything else in Off Topic, please.
mark_palmer17

Post by mark_palmer17 »

Exactly, I was shocked when I went round a Sikh friends house to find swastikas on his shrine,

its been around alot longer than adolf

Its not on, and its not helpful, the Germans may or may not just be trying to erase the memory of what happened, but it disrespects those who died to erase it all together!!!
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

A Hindu symbol of peace for 5,000 years before it was hi-jacked by the shortone. An ex boss of mine got into bother with the national press for saying he'd love to have swastika all over the stage. The ignorant british press went to town in their usual way.
Odd but no-one wanted to know why or ever asked, he was a nazi and that was it.
I think the eagle should go too if the swastika has to. The romans, Napoleon and Germany have used it so it's career as a symbol of opression is longer.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

It's banned in their own country so why do they want it banned EU-wide?

Unless......

...........they are on the road to world domination again! :twisted:
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Stigroadie wrote:I think the eagle should go too if the swastika has to. The romans, Napoleon and Germany have used it so it's career as a symbol of opression is longer.
And America - don't forget America. And Mexico - Don't forget Mexico...... and Egypt - don't forget Egypt....... and.... Oh - you get the idea :lol:
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

Fwbl Dollman wrote:
Stigroadie wrote:I think the eagle should go too if the swastika has to. The romans, Napoleon and Germany have used it so it's career as a symbol of opression is longer.
And America - don't forget America. And Mexico - Don't forget Mexico...... and Egypt - don't forget Egypt....... and.... Oh - you get the idea :lol:
And England...don't forget England. There are still a few churches that have swastikas (fylfots in Old English) in their stained glass windows. Take back the swastika from the Nazis!
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

And lets not forget the 'dodgily arranged flags' painted on the ceiling of the Hofbrauhaus.
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Alex
Herr Wissenschaftler

Post by Alex »

Pirkka wrote:
Fwbl Dollman wrote:
And England...don't forget England. There are still a few churches that have swastikas (fylfots in Old English) in their stained glass windows. Take back the swastika from the Nazis!
Its only a symbol. its just a shape. the fact is obviously germany has a problem with it, but we can't just let new germany erase history.

My grandparents served with distinction in the second world war to kick nazi ass. I don't think think they'd be too happy with germany dictating how history should be remembered.
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

I totally agree with you Alex, my Dad and Uncles fought against the Afrika Korps in North Afrika and they would probably feel the same.

Anyway, if modern Germany feels so strongly about the Hakenkreuz, one small aspect that represented WW2 Germany, why don't they also try to ban other symbols that most people associate with Nazism:-

1. Jackboots.
2. Field grey uniforms.
3. German helmets.
4. National eagle emblems.
5. Monocles.
6. A notorious lack of a sense of humour.
7. Lederhosen.
8. (Demolish) Munich and the alps.
9. Sausages/Wurst.
10. And dare I say it, ban even the German language/accent altogether.

All the above are synonymous with WW2 Germany, so why don't they just go for it and deal with/ban the lot? :wink:

Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Not to mention of course the many current German companies that had there roots from being formed by the SS Economic division.
And of course there is all the companies that manufactured war materials (Tanks, Planes etc).

Ban them all i say :?
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Gunter

Post by Gunter »

If you look at old mosaics from the Roman Age and compare them to Nazi symbolism of the Hakenkreuz you'll see that even though they both use the same symbol the Nazi version is in "motion" ie. it's at 45 degrees to the Roman, Vikings, Buddhist symbol - in lay mans terms it is standing on end in a more aggressive posture. Whereas the ones dating from earlier in history display it's peaceful meaning of fertility. While technically the same symbol it's meanings are quite different. My brother has a 5th Century Romano-British brooch (repro. based on find in Yorkshire) which has the swastika on it., in this case it is a fertility symbol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika
Formerly of GD Recon.
Shergar

is that what the swastika marking on my manhood means

Post by Shergar »

is that what the swastika marking on my very large manhood stands for " mr fertility " lol
Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

As we have "Bismark with lip stick" in control of the EU presidency be prepared for more sh*te emanating from Germany.

Have you looked at what they wish to bring in ?
SS Unterscharfurer Stefan Klein
2Kp. SS Aufklärungs Abt. Das Reich
"Wir gehen voran"
http://www.wars.uk.net/

Stahlgewitter

Post by Stahlgewitter »

Actually way things are over here is,that as soon as anybody dares to say what he thinks about growing numbers of foreigners that do not want to be integrated,everybody starts pointing fingers at him calling him nazi or extreme right!During the Football championship,when German people started to redevelope something like Patriotism,voices were raised,that this would be a development people should be careful about! If you say I love my country and I´m proud to be german it automatically will be understood as Hey I´m arian,masterrace and germany will rule the world!
For me this is all crap!
The germans denazified themselves to a point,were everything dealing with heritage and culture is a touchy topic! I would even go as far as the germans have become a nation of cowards without pride and self esteem!
I think the Nazis were more predictable as the today spineless,shapeless german,who pretends to be your friend,is rubbing shoulders with you and then stabs you in the back,because it makes him look good towards certain people! Removing swastikas and banning Nazi symbols and insignia only raises the interest for having those things and recalling my childhood,were every fleamarket was loaded with german uniform parts,iron crosses and other medals that were sold for cents and pennies,because no one had interest in them - and now,after banning those symbols prices went up enormously!
But who is buying that stuff,if not the local people? One way a lot of people here think is: If I can´t have it,nobody else should have it either!

.....just my opinion....!
"gelobt sei,was hart macht"!
Reich Crispies

Post by Reich Crispies »

I can understand a ban if the symbols are being used in the wrong context, race hate, gang symbol etc. But a blanket ban, what do they hope to achieve?

In my opinion, a ban on the symbol wont change the past and wont remove or deter facist groups in the future.
If there are 'Neo-nazi' groups out there, they will just use some other seemingly unconnected iconography in public (Christians and the fish?)

Knee jerk PC crap designed to deter the clear thinker from societies real problems.
Birds of Prey Do Not Sing
Steve Das Reich

Post by Steve Das Reich »

One of the other related items from Angela, a European wide ban on Holocaust denial :roll:

Sorry, we still have freedom of speach in England, (until Angela thrusts the EU constitution on all of us) if I or anybody else wish to make a complete arsch of myself denying it happened, they wish to bang me away for three years, funny really I once stood on the boarder to protect the West from people like her and now she is in control :cry:
SS Unterscharfurer Stefan Klein
2Kp. SS Aufklärungs Abt. Das Reich
"Wir gehen voran"
http://www.wars.uk.net/

Return to “Anything WWII!”