Operation Teaboy Private Battle February.

UK scene, discussion. Post events here too.
hanser

Re: Operation Teaboy Private Battle February.

Post by hanser »

We now have 10 two way radios so no excuses for getting lost or ignoring orders? full comms should help the battle tactics flow and make it rather an interesting weekend. Still places available especially on the Allied side.

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

If it helps anyone I will be at Stoneleigh and accepting last minute disclaimers and cash payments. I can have forms with me if needed, PM if you want a form.
Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

Hamish reports that very few weapons have been booked so far so Anyone who wants to hire a weapon for this event should contact Hamish at History in the making. As soon as possible please

http://www.history-making.com
Tel. 02392 253 175
pre booked weapons only and reasonable ammo costs.
hanser

Post by hanser »

WARNING ORDERS.

Address... Postcode is PE32 1LE and the site is called Pentney lakes near kings Lynn, Norfolk. You are looking for Common Road. I am hoping to put some direction signs about to help. I should be there by 11am but someone will be on site earlier.

Arrival... From Midday on Friday but the latest will be Saturday 8am. I hope to start quite early and get a good full day on the Saturday.

Food... Please bring your own food to cover yourself for the weekend. We will be providing a decent stew on the Saturday evening so you just need to cover breakfast and lunches on both days.

Armouer. ..Hamish ( History in the making) is supplying hired weapons and ammo. If you are not hiring a weapon then ammo will still be available. Prices are the same as buying from Henry Kranks.
http://www.history-making.com
Tel. 02392 253 175

Comms. I will be supplying two way radios to both sides but would suggest if you have field telephones etc then this may be useful within the battle.

Water.. There is a water point near by so please bring some kind of water container.

Toilets... we are arranging porta loos on the site, bring extra toilet paper I may end up cooking the evening meal.

Beer/alcohol....Acceptable drinking is fine but within reason please. I don`t want any accidents or incidents.

Objectives.. This is a full on tactical battle, Allied and Axis commanders have been appointed and will be responsible for the deployment of their men. There will be certain objectives that have to be taken and secured on both sides. I will provide ideas of how this can be done but at the end of the day the commander has full power to ignore that and do it his way. Everyone is responsible to their commander, you will be issued orders and expected to do what is requested. If the commander says jump then ask how high, you`re in the army now...

Battle briefing will be about 9am on Saturday morning and we will finish when the light fades or we have had enough.

If anyone can help I need to make up 2 of the objectives the first being a fuel dump so anyone who can bring along a jerry can or equiv that would be good. the other being an ammo dump so again boxes if you have room. I will be bringing a fair bit already so help would be appreciated.
If anyone is bring mortars then I will have pyro to simulate ground hits I will also be bringing electronic smoke.
Vehicles are welcome and may also end up as objectives to capture.
I will be providing maps, code books and sensitive paperwork again to be an objective.

Lastly, it may well be quite cold especially at night so please arrive (with clothes/kit) prepared for the worst and keep an eye on your mates in case the cold is affecting them.

I look forward to see you in the field

Dave 07863112502
hanser

Post by hanser »

If we get a few more takers for the battle I will as promised pay for the hire of an MG for both sides. We are not in this to make a profit. So anyone who has booked in who thinks they can afford to run the ammo through an MG please get in contact. Even if you want to share it between a few of you. Spreading the ammo cost between a three man team could mean you can take it in turns to No 1 gunner. I might even throw in a hundred rounds to start you off. I will do this if we get a few more attendees.

Dave
hanser

Post by hanser »

3 weeks and the countdown begins....
still places available if you`re available.

The evening meal on the Saturday night has encountered a minor set back...we were going to cook rabbit stew but due to the lack of available bunnies we now are having Venison so bambi has taken one for the team. 5 Star catering, nothing too good for our war torn soldiers.
The local pub has opened their doors to us, so if you want to go for a pint or two and a warm up you will be welcome regardless what uniform you are wearing.

Dave
J.Klinsmann

Post by J.Klinsmann »

Hi Dave

Just a quick one, any chance of a google earth pic or google maps pic of the camping area.

Looking forward to the event

Kind Regards

Nick

Where are we camping Dave?.

3Kp 1st SS PZ Div Second Battle Group

hanser

Post by hanser »

I will be on site tomorrow about 10am, please look out for directional signs and make sure you book in with me first and I will assign you a camping area.

See you in the field of battle

Dave
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Word from the front that Teaboy is a go. Take care on the roads guys.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

David Spelling

Could anyone who is on the forums please post that operation
teaboy is going ahead as planned..
Thank you. Weather not too bad really better than home.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
rsvpiper

Post by rsvpiper »

Well that event gets a big thumbs up from me, a really good site, with a pub too. Just need the allies to get their boots on and join in in greater numbers. Many thanks to Dave and team for putting on a top event Oh and the venison stew was superb
soest

Post by soest »

I agree. Thanks Dave for organising Op Tea boy.

The battle area was really good, not too big and not too small with a good amount of cover.

Good choice of site. The site bar was perfectly located and the bar and locals were friendly regardless of the uniform worn. Easy to get to as just off a main road (A47).

I would go again and you can't say fairer than that...

Thanks

Steve
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

Can only echo the above comments.

Loved the site, the sand base made for it being dry under foot, and easy to dig fighting positions in. The ruts and trenches created by the 4x4 was just great to fight through and defend. Loved the bunker are.

Stew was great, thanks to Tommy, Dave and Matt for that, and all those who prepped veg(did more than my fair share of tatties, carrots and onions!).

Nice to see lots of fair play and hit taking. Really enjoyed rocking around with the svt40.

Whens the next one?
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
hanser

Post by hanser »

Well what a weekend...
The weather was kind, the terrain has natural sand drainage, we had a pub right next to the site. The landlord loved us and was giving away shots by mid evening. Bambi stew was amazing. The tactical on the Saturday was brilliant, no shot calling and some of the best movement I have seen at one of these battles.
The Allies although outnumbered were fantastic and held off the Axis forces with vigour. Everyone left the site a happy man.
Now I must thank the following for their assistance with making this a great success.
Tom `Teaboy` Coldridge without him we would not have had the site or the bunker or the bar...
Matthew Holoway who bought his original field kitchen in which Bambi turned into tea for Saturday.
Dave Sayer who commanded the Allies
Manny Trainor who commanded the Axis
Everyone who attended and bought in to my ideas and made the event.
I thank you all......

Dave
Milische

Post by Milische »

Thanks dave for a great weekend mate .
Great site and cover for tactics as people have already stated.
Saturday night in the pub was a breath of fresh air and a brill vneue to celebrate my 46th birthday ;) yes I was a lil wobberly lol
And big up to the Essex tommy base plates great set of lads .

All the best Steve fjr6

Return to “UK reenactment and events”