Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Moderator: Feldjager

Hans Kurtz

Re: Gavinmilitaria, any good??

Post by Hans Kurtz »

I would also like to encourage folk look to Gavin or Aviator (Ebay store), for their wool items.
Far better quality than other Chinese wool made uniforms. Only thing you have to improve upon is the paint job on the buttons.
I think if Gavin changed the sewing cotton colour to the colour Hiki is now using on his better range of tunics, would make Gavins tunics look even better.
The HBT is real quality too.....again if you wash an HBT 3 times it ages the fabric before you sew all the insignia on. I remember the HBT from Lost Battalions I purchased years ago and seeing it fade so quickly in blotches all over the tunic....not something one would have expected from LB's.

The Chinese are slowly listening to the voice of the reenactor who is after quality...they just need to be more careful to get things right and follow through.

I wish someone would produce mouse grey winter heavy mittens (reversible to white ).
durhamtrooper

Post by durhamtrooper »

Hans Kurtz wrote:I would also like to encourage folk look to Gavin or Aviator (Ebay store), for their wool items.
Far better quality than other Chinese wool made uniforms. Only thing you have to improve upon is the paint job on the buttons.
I think if Gavin changed the sewing cotton colour to the colour Hiki is now using on his better range of tunics, would make Gavins tunics look even better.
The HBT is real quality too.....again if you wash an HBT 3 times it ages the fabric before you sew all the insignia on. I remember the HBT from Lost Battalions I purchased years ago and seeing it fade so quickly in blotches all over the tunic....not something one would have expected from LB's.

The Chinese are slowly listening to the voice of the reenactor who is after quality...they just need to be more careful to get things right and follow through.

I wish someone would produce mouse grey winter heavy mittens (reversible to white ).

ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO USE GAVIN!
do not think so.
refuses to help, when sends totally WRONG sized items.
calls buyers liars.
blames buyers for sending wrong sizes.
Just look at his feedback, has done this many times.
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Six pages about a minor (to UK reenactors) retailer!!? Most of us get our gear in person from shows, or from the same trusted sellers online... why would we go anywhere else when there are tunics at several different price points (for example) from the likes of RAU, Militaria.net, Epic or Pantherstore. There are only a few manufacturers after all so the same stuff turns up everywhere...?

I just don't understand people risking a couple of hundred quid on a dodgy or unreliable far Eastern or eBay dealer just to save what?? £20? £30?
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
RZM

Post by RZM »

My order from Gavin arrives today according to an email from UPS. Took 18 days from Shanghai to Massachussetts. My chest size is a 39" so i ordered an inch up to a 40. Should be more than enough for a service shirt and some movement room. Ordered the M37 pants a bit large. Went with a 36. Where as they are worn above the waist. Plus the M37 pants have an adjustmet strap in the back,and provisions for suspenders.
I thought he was quite nice through correspondance. I inadvertantly pressed the wrong listing for M37 trousers in stonegrey.I meant to hit Fieldgrey. A quick email and he assured me my uniform would match. Cant wait to try it on when I get in. Ill post again after I recieve it later tonight.
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
RZM

Post by RZM »

Everything fits perfectly,and its a good looking uniform. I am well pleased with it. Finnished sewing on the colartabs,changed the shoulderboards to sanitater boards,with slip on LAH ciphers. Added a ostfront medal ribbon and EK2 ribbon to the button hole. Just the sleeve eagle to go..
"Was ist das?"
"Ihr gefrorenesfleisch medaille. Rot,weiss und schwarz,fur blut,schnee und tod."
Moller

Post by Moller »

Hey Kamerad,

Have you got any pics..

cheers

Moller
RZM

Post by RZM »

Unfortunately my phone wont read the sd card anymore,so the camera wont work as well. Ill see if i can get some pics up some how...
Man sieht sich,kamerad..
"Was ist das?"
RZM

Post by RZM »

[img]IMG0003[/img]
"Was ist das?"
A.Weiss

Post by A.Weiss »

RZM wrote:[img]IMG0003[/img]
photo? :roll:

A.Weiß
RZM

Post by RZM »

appologies. Ive been trying to figure out how. The photo i have is to large. Needs to be resized. The photobucket app on my phone crashes when i try to uoload. I have no computer. Any suggestions would be great,I have a HTC One smartphone.
"Was ist das?"
SchutzeHagemann

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

Anybody actually compared the tunics to an original to base your opinions? A member in my unit has an unaltered feldbluse that I am going to use to compare tunics to, so I will post results.

Sam
Kampfgruppe Steiner
RZM

Post by RZM »

I've never had the opportunity to compare with an original. Just photos. The only thing I could see that stood out on my SS M40 tunic is 3 holes rather than 2. Not a big deal to me as my belt will cover this anyway. I intend to have at least a couple tunics. But for the money,I'm well pleased with the one I received from Gavin.
"Was ist das?"
dixiedrummer

Post by dixiedrummer »

It's supposed to have three. The SS dropped the third hole for the m42 model. The main differences were the collar width and the cut of the liner.
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

I sent Gavin my measurements and my new tunic fits like a glove. He's not nearly as good at communication as say Hiki, Barry Lyndon or Spearhead but gets the job done. I felt a bit uneasy when my emails went unanswered for several days but in the end the tunic came in within a reasonable time frame, the wool was just as good as ATF or Hessen but unlike the Sturm garbage the fit was excellent. Plus he sewed the NCO tresse for a few bucks more.
Just my 2 cents
RZM

Post by RZM »

Awsome dixiedrummer,thanks..not entirely up to par on all the uniforms. I so need a referance book on this stuff. At anyrate,here's a link to me in my uniform from Gavin,and my ATF gear. (M43 is a Janke from Bill Bureau) And yes. I know. I'm unshaven...bad soldat...BAD! Lol.
"Was ist das?"

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”