Re: Gebirgsjager Puttees

Post by Halle »

Unsam , great link , thankyou ! :D

Horrido !
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Gebirgsziege

Post by Gebirgsziege »

I live in the USA. How can I go about placing an order with K.u.K replika? Do they take PayPal?
Halle

Post by Halle »

Would just like to say , I've received my Wickelgamaschen from kukreplika , and they're without a doubt the most accurate I've seen , very very like originals - so thanks to unsam again for the link . I'd also like to say he has a good stock of them at the moment :D
Hans Kurtz

Post by Hans Kurtz »

Have you guys not heard of the great guy in Virginia USA, who make these wraps with the metal parts too.
Halle

Post by Halle »

Hi Hans ,
No not heard of him , give us a link - schuster and kuk make them with the metal parts too :wink:
Heydrich65

Post by Heydrich65 »

3rdssmann

Post by 3rdssmann »

Thanks for the link Heydrich65! I am ordering a set now!
ND1

Post by ND1 »

My puttee buckels arrived from the chap on ebay yesterday and they really are great.
Fg Trp 94

Post by Fg Trp 94 »

I have had luck taking a schipperfabrik pair of I think 9' steingrau puttees, cutting them in half, adding the point and tape to the side they gets cut off to make two pair at the right length for the price of one (one for field use, one for the kaserne or walking out dress), and using the hooks from a post war bgs helmet net cover riveted to either a triangular piece of leather and sewn to the corner as per a pair I have handled, or directly riveted as per an example earlier in the thread. I've found them to hold up well, despite the lack of elasticity like many originals. I use schipper's full length wool puttees for WWI reenacting, and have found them to hold up very well in the trenches (against rough timber and barbed wire, ect). I do believe the durability is a strong plus as puttees get a fair but of wear. Just my two cent on the topic, and hope it helps someone.

Return to “Gebirgsjaeger”