Deactivated K98

Traders welcome, although please make trading status obvious.

Moderators: Jaws, berlin1945

Whitefeather

Deactivated K98

Post by Whitefeather »

I have been registered on this forum for some time, but as my main impressions are US i tend to use the 'he who shall not be named' forum!!
Name is Chris, sold a few items on said other site, using the same username too so easy to find if you are unsure :wink: . I didnt want to get the usual barrage of 'you havent posted on here before' or 'who are you' so thought i would post this first!!!

For Sale:

I have for sale my Deactivated K98. Stock in good condition, showing a few dinks and marks as would be expected for something nearly 70 years old!!
Markings show it to be dot 1944, furniture and parts are correct to the age of the rifles construction, so it looks like it would have and should have in 1944! It is missing the front sight hood, however i do have one which you can have with it, i simply couldnt get it on!!!! was informed that the sight hood is a war time one, however i cannot tell, but it doesnt look like an obvious repro one either!

Have had a really good inspection of this rifle and i cannot find ANY russian capture markings on it (usual cross stamps etc), but i am NO expert on the weapon, i know the basics so please no jumping up and down ranting and raving at me please!!

Rifle fully strips down, nice smooth cocking action and dry fires. There is a 'bit' of pitting on the bolt pull but nothing to worry about.

Pics speak for themselves, and i do have the Deac certificate for it too.

Looking for around £300 or nearest offer - collection preffered (i live in warwickshire) but can investigate into courier/postage if you want to pay for it! Your choice/risk! i would assume it would be rather expensive! i think i have priced it fairly as investigating around the ususal spots they START FROM £350+ onwards. Remember this has the correct parts to it too!!!

ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE JUST ASK! I dont bite!!! I Will be honest with you!

I can take other pics too if needed, just let me know and i will try my best.

Stripped it right down again and had a good look over it.

Number stamped inside handguard is 23308
Not matching numbers, you will not get a K98 with matching numbers for £300!!!!
No stamps or marks as such on the stock, looked very closlet around the butt area and couldnt see anything.
No stamps or markings on the butt plate.
Yes, trigger guard is byf - see pics. Has two byf stamps on it and two very small stamps next to those, but my older eyes cant quite make them out, plus i dont have a magnifying glass to check! Pics give a good idea though.

morePics:

Will include a Repro leather sling which has been stripped and darkened to look more like it should do (not the usual bright coloured brown you get it in)

Open to 'Sensible' offers. Drop me a Pm and ASK!!!!!

Thanks for the interest, anything else just ask!!
The Idiot with the Voice of Reason

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!
Whitefeather

Re: Deactivated K98

Post by Whitefeather »

Price Drop to £270 or VERY Nearest offer. Already been on 'the other' forum for a while so not a kneejerk reaction drop in price!! :lol:

Any Q's just ask!

Cheers
Chris
The Idiot with the Voice of Reason

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disgused as another dude!
fjr_hubner_mark1

Post by fjr_hubner_mark1 »

hi is this k98 still for sale
society against splinter a knochensachs
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

thats a very good price, looks like a late 44 one, I have an earlyer 44 one and the butt plate and front plate that holds the furniture are of the earlyer design. If your after a nice looking k98, cant go wrong with this one it seems, the early dot 44 ones like mine fetch 350-380 these days.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

johankreig wrote:thats a very good price, looks like a late 44 one, I have an earlyer 44 one and the butt plate and front plate that holds the furniture are of the earlyer design. If your after a nice looking k98, cant go wrong with this one it seems, the early dot 44 ones like mine fetch 350-380 these days.

:shock: :o :? :roll: :lol:
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

whats wrong, just giving some positive comments.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

Nothing wrong, that gun looks awful is like has been found somewhere salvage yard To be honest my maximum price for this dummy 120 quid not a penny more 8) :oops:
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

I have seen worse go for more, there going up in price regardless of quality. Tbh this one ain't that bad for the asking price.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten

Return to “For sale”