New Items from RA Underwood

Moderator: Feldjager

mm1977

New Items from RA Underwood

Post by mm1977 »

I'd just like to show a couple of new items that I've recently purchased off RA Underwood.

First is his new run of Oak B Zelts, priced at £55 and much better than the Oak A ones currently available. A really good quality mid-priced Zelt.

Secondly is his new run of Rucksacks,really nice quality mid to late war universal tan/olive canvas to fit on y straps comes with black leather shoulderstraps only £39.50
mm1977

Re: New Items from RA Underwood

Post by mm1977 »

Sorry, having problems uploading pics
mm1977

Post by mm1977 »

here's the Oak B Zelt
Attachments
Oak B Zelt.jpg
Oak B Zelt.jpg (56.72 KiB) Viewed 5808 times
mm1977

Post by mm1977 »

Here's the rucksack
Attachments
Rucksack.jpg
Rucksack.jpg (74.09 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Fritz

Post by Fritz »

You can get the same Zeltbahn and the Rucksack at ZIB-Militaria - but cheaper:

Zeltbahn EUR 49,--

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/6143 ... D=33209714

Rucksack EUR 34,90

http://www.zib-militaria.de/epages/6143 ... D=27610492

Regarding the Rucksack: The buckles are not correct, manufacturer used chinstrap buckles. And I do not like the canvas - most original rucksacks are made from a more rough material. On the repros they use a stiff canvas which does not feel "German". Apart from that the rucksack is ok. But - try to get an original, there are still plenty out there for the same - or even less money...
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

The buckles on the sack are also used as buckles for the helmet chinstrap...

The best repro is an original...
feldman

Post by feldman »

So those Oak Leaf Zeltbahns are the best of the pale Chinese copies ?

Those rucksacks are crap. As said above, get an original, or one from At the Front.

I once had one repro sack in the field.. the "leather" got wet.. after 2 days when it had dried up, i tried to close the sack and i teared so called leather strap in half with my bear hands.. Now i have an original when im out in the woods.. after >70 years its 100 times better than that crap.

Note: The original items i use in daily activities in the "field" are not collectors items, but "2nd degree" items with minor issues which i have fixed, and extended the lifetime..
Retired & Armed
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

I have compared one with a genuine breadbag ...its Very similar material !!! but slightly stiffer, requires using, colour is very close ! The buckles can be changed very easily, also has inner pocket and correct buttons inside, straps are a little thin.... but as i said change the buckles and its ok ....Ps like the chair in the back ground !! :D :D
AFRA member
GraemeMac

Post by GraemeMac »

The grommets are absolute pish on zib's zelts. I like the print, but the grommets will not stand up to a breeze when being used as a tent.
erikbozwo2 wrote: Pyotr, please don't take any advice from peiper.
SchutzeHagemann

Post by SchutzeHagemann »

GraemeMac wrote:The grommets are absolute pish on zib's zelts. I like the print, but the grommets will not stand up to a breeze when being used as a tent.
Which zelt reproduction will actually be stable enough in the wind? I just bought 3 tent quarters from IMA- USA which are the same as Zib's.
Kampfgruppe Steiner

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”