Other outfits-impressions??

The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

Sean

Re: Other outfits-impressions??

Post by Sean »

Hi pipes,

Why were the MKIII only issued/used to glider pilots?

(Genuine question, I know sod all about Brit, just interested)
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Sean wrote:Hi pipes,

Why were the MKIII only issued/used to glider pilots?

(Genuine question, I know sod all about Brit, just interested)
TBH Sean i didn't know myself until i was told by another member of this forum when
i posted a Brit Para pic previously, unfortunately i had this Mk 3 Sten before i put my
Para impression together so i used this one rather than buy another Mk2 type lol, the
only reason i can see is that the shroud on the barrel was longer and there were other
safety features, maybe this was the reason when flying the flimsy wood constructed
Gliders to stop any "ND's" or accidents lol, unless anyone else has any info they would
like to share, not a lot is written about this tbf :?:
Regards Pipes
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

Peiper you might what to get rid of your post war belt and get a wartime dated one
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Jugend Repper wrote:Peiper you might what to get rid of your post war belt and get a wartime dated one
Hi mate which pic you on about ??
In both pics (Brit and Ami) they are genuine WW2 belts mate :wink:
Cheers Pipes
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

Peiper wrote:
Jugend Repper wrote:Peiper you might what to get rid of your post war belt and get a wartime dated one
Hi mate which pic you on about ??
In both pics (Brit and Ami) they are genuine WW2 belts mate :wink:
Cheers Pipes
so what why has the brit belt got black fittings?
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

well had a new look and it looks like brass. JUST POLISH THAT BRASS GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Jugend Repper wrote:well had a new look and it looks like brass. JUST POLISH THAT BRASS GOD DAMN IT!!!!
Lol i was going to say, original Brit webbing ive got plenty of, ive got about 4 full sets including various large small
back packs/havasacks, i have a suitcase full of it lol, i even had a full original dated WW1 set which i sold earlier this year,
obviously getting original uniforms to fit is hard (i sold five original battledress tunics last yr) but i try to wear original
equipment/weapons if i can.

I try not to tamper with original webbing, not cleaning it or even blancoing it hence it is in the original tan/buff colour, even
the gaiters are original, the only thing in both pics which is reproduction is the uniforms, also the US rigger pouches,
although i have an original Thompson five cell mag pouch but was advised not to wear it with my 101st Airborne potrayal
because wearing them is over done now lol but all other webbing in these pics is original. :wink:

Cheers Pipes
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

You were told not to wear the 5 cell on your suspenders. You were never told not to wear them because they were over done and you really should clean the stuff and polish it up.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Jugend Repper wrote:You were told not to wear the 5 cell on your suspenders. You were never told not to wear them because they were over done and you really should clean the stuff and polish it up.
I was advised not to wear the 5 cell pouch because it has been done to death by reenactors lol, even
though they were worn originally, the same with various other bits of Airborne kit ive discarded, and as for
cleaning and polishing original kit i like to leave it as is tbh, for example i have a couple of original German
gasmask tins which i had been tempted to respray but have left them in the original state basically spots of
rust etc, basically thats the way i got them so like to leave them in their original condition :wink:

Cheers Pipes
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

Peipee you were never told not to wear it all but you were told to not wearit on your suspenders as its over done. Also polishing and cleaning kit does good for the kit if you dont clean it or polish it will feck up.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Jugend Repper wrote:Peipee you were never told not to wear it all but you were told to not wearit on your suspenders as its over done
Thats what i said mate
Also polishing and cleaning kit does good for the kit if you dont clean it or polish it will feck up.
Yes agreed mate, leather work, boots etc but i like my webbing to be in an original condition, just my personal preferance
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Event in Dublin last weekend
Attachments
picture three
picture three
Martin-27October12-1714.jpg (515.68 KiB) Viewed 9623 times
picture two
picture two
Martin-26October12-7693.jpg (269.15 KiB) Viewed 9623 times
picture one
picture one
Martin-27October12-1706.jpg (770.32 KiB) Viewed 9623 times
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Halle

Post by Halle »

Servus Berlin1945 ,
Very dramatic pictures , well done - please excuse my ignorance , but what are you actually portraying in these pictures ? I'm not at all familiar with the uniform , other than its very British WW1 looking , though by your location , I imagine its Irish 1916 - 23 ?

Regards , Halle
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Halle wrote:Servus Berlin1945 ,
Very dramatic pictures , well done - please excuse my ignorance , but what are you actually portraying in these pictures ? I'm not at all familiar with the uniform , other than its very British WW1 looking , though by your location , I imagine its Irish 1916 - 23 ?

Regards , Halle

Hello Halle, Yes you are correct my portrayal is that of an Irish Volunteer Officer ( Óglach) at the closing of the battle for central Dublin at Easter time 1916, the portayal has myself with a period piece camera surveying the damage to the city in the aftermath of the battle and taking some photographs. These photographs were taken at an event that we hosted in the city almost two weeks ago and taken by a professional photographer for an exhibition that he will be hosting in the time leading to the 100th year after the battle took place. There was also a significant WW1 period British army exhibition there as well in particular a gathering emphesis on the roles of the 12th and the 16th Irish divisions that served in Europe and many new friends and contacts were made, this weekend I will be once again in Dublin for another private function my 4th in 5 weeks as people are now interested and as 11th of Nov approaches and it being on a Sunday this particular year some flowers will be left at the grave of a British soldier that I have been attending to in Glasnevin cemetry, who no ones visits that i know off and that I would keep clean and have been doing so for the last 4 years.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Halle

Post by Halle »

Thank you for the prompt reply , great to hear so much is going on over there , especially to do with the history of the Republic and Irish involvement in the Great War , I look forward to your future posts ,

Regards , Halle
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100

Return to “Photos”