Advice on wearing two cuff titles

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

I am a member of one of the established Waffen-SS groups that now exist in Germany,
I have asked this question on our own German language forum, the answers have
been positive, but nonetheless pure speculation. Can anyone here on PST help?

Can the following two cuff titles be worn together?

"SS-UNTERFÜHRERSCHULE"

As I am too old to portray a credible frontline soldier, I have taken on the duties of
instructor within the unit, so "SS-UNTERFÜHRERSCHULE" will reflect this and thus
represents a "function" rather than a unit.

"FLORIAN GEYER"

This represents my parent unit, of which I would still like to display my association with
as well as my new function.

If indeed "SS-UNTERFÜHRERSCHULE" can be worn as a secondary cuff title, which
one would be worn above the other?

The alternatives are "SS-SCHULE TÖLZ" and "SS-SCHULE BRAUNSCHWEIG"
but I have only seen photos of these cuff titles being worn alone.

Thanks for any information in advance, best regards Bill Medland ( I will be at Beltring this year).
Brigardefuhrer

Re: Advice on wearing two cuff titles

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

Hi Bill.
This is from "cloth insignia of the SS".SS-Unterfuhrerschule cuff title was worn by the staff of SS nco schools,they also wore a cypher identifying the school on the shoulder boards.The waffenfarbe for SS schools was white.
For officers school,from 1941-august 1943,cadets,in addition to wearing the sleeveband of there unit,wore the sleeveband of the school above it.In August 1943 the wearing of more than one sleeveband was forbidden.The staff of the schools discontinued wearing the sleeve band in May 1940 and wore insignia identifying the school on the shoulder straps.John
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Brigardefuhrer wrote:Hi Bill.
This is from "cloth insignia of the SS".SS-Unterfuhrerschule cuff title was worn by the staff of SS nco schools,they also wore a cypher identifying the school on the shoulder boards.The waffenfarbe for SS schools was white.
For officers school,from 1941-august 1943,cadets,in addition to wearing the sleeveband of there unit,wore the sleeveband of the school above it.In August 1943 the wearing of more than one sleeveband was forbidden.The staff of the schools discontinued wearing the sleeve band in May 1940 and wore insignia identifying the school on the shoulder straps.John
Bang on Brigadefuhrer
Was about to answer this lol, after mid 43 wearing more than one cufftitle (for SS)
was stopped as you said, this applies to Feldgendarmerie aswell Bill, unless you wish
to portray an earlier period (pre 1943), this would be best if you still wish to wear your
Cavalry cufftitle (Florian-Geyer) ??

As you can see from the pic i added the Bad Tolz title is worn ABOVE the normal Unit
cufftitle (pre 1943), good luck with your new portrayal Bill :wink:
SS Schule Tolz cufftitle.jpg
SS Schule Tolz cufftitle.jpg (21.26 KiB) Viewed 2668 times
Regards Pipes
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Thanks Guys, that information helps me a lot.

So if I wish to wear both Cuff titles and the wearing of two cuff titles was forbidden after mid 1943,
bearing in mind that the practice may have continued for a short while after the order went out and
Florian Geyer recieved their first issue of cuff titles in March 1943, that means my impression is limited to....

March - August 1943.

Once again, thanks for the help, best regards, Bill.

Return to “General”