Maybe this year!!!

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

SpainshSS

Maybe this year!!!

Post by SpainshSS »

For the past four years I have been trying to get started in WW2 reenacting. I actually been working on two impressions the first is 250th Division Azul and the Second is a late war the Spanish SS of the 28th Waffen SS Wallain Division. The first three years as I was getting ready to start buying my uniforms and equipment I would get layed off ( I'm a Welder) So my money would have to go to the family and bills. Then last year I got on with a good company and was looking forward to starting reenacting. I got my Spanish arm shield, Still the only thing I have gotton. I was about to by my two uniforms. When I was at work I had at the time they believe was a stroke. Now the Doctors don't know what I have. Some days I feel fine, other I can hardly walk and talk. Spent my 40th birthday in the hospital. I still want to reenacted and the Doc say its good to have that as a goal to work for to try to get better. So thats what Im doing. The good thing is for the last four year I have done more and more research. On what to get and what to stay away from. So when I can finly get out there I look just right. One other hard thing is were I live there is only one unit out here the 1st SS and I being some what a dark skin American Mexican. I could never pass as a member of the 1st SS. I can Pass as a Spaniard thou. So with no unit out here it will be hard to ask for help. But I am willing to work hard to get it right some maybe this year!!! Adam
the 4th reich

Re: Maybe this year!!!

Post by the 4th reich »

Good luck with your portrayal. :D
MANNERS COST NOTHING!!!!

Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

It's not beyond the realms of possibility buddy - There was/is a mixed race guy in the States who used to come on here who successfully integrated into a unit in the US and he ended up doing a SS-FG Portrayal. It can be done and if you pick an impression to suit your physiology then you can use supporting evidence to not only validate that impression but to educate people to the diversity of the Axis forces of WWII
As 4th Reich says - Good Luck.
dbloge

Post by dbloge »

Have you contacted the SS group in question? Ever think about Heer? I saw a 1st SS unit here in the midwest with an Handshar troop. In my unit we have a Dark skinned Indian guy who does a POA impression. Dont try and limit the possibilities before you even start reenacting.

DL
TarawaJon

Post by TarawaJon »

There is a Blue Div unit in Kansas - Oklahoma. A bit far but might be worth contacting them.

http://250skicompany.webs.com/
Hauser

Post by Hauser »

As a fellow Re-enactor I wish you all the best ! in getting sorted with kit, Health and a group ! and i feel sure, someone over your neck of the woods, might be able to steer you in the right direction, Your getting sound advice from the lads on here, just take there advice................. best regards Rich PS and remember the rule Family first ! :)
AFRA member
SpainshSS

Post by SpainshSS »

First and foremost thank you all for your help and concerned. You all have given me allot to think about and now I feel that i have more options. I feel like a kid in the candy store. Best news is the doctors say my heart looks strong, now they just need to fix my nervous system lol. I think ill stick with the blue division impression for i have allot of research about them. Yes i have been in contact the blue division out of Kansas and they are willing to help me as best they can. Even said if I get a unit started out her we could form one big unit at some big ost front event till then if I am out that way i can join up with them That's cool. They are some nice guys.
If I want to do some waterfront event what might be a good unit. for my skin color? The Georgian unit at Normandy? I even thought of the Free Indian unit. I even read somewhere that a few Spaniards were found in the ranks of the 17th Luftwaffe Field Division. Don't know how true that is or how i can find out if it is. I just want to get it right.
Well thanks again for all your help everyone.
Adam

Return to “General”