K98 Dummy Ammo complete with stripper clips - where to buy?

Moderator: berlin1945

Stigroadie

Re: K98 Dummy Ammo complete with stripper clips - where to b

Post by Stigroadie »

Having the experience of your kit taken away is not the same as experience of well oiled primers firing which is what I asked.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Stigroadie wrote:Having the experience of your kit taken away is not the same as experience of well oiled primers firing which is what I asked.

Oh it is when 2000 rounds are confiscated and individually checked as per what i said if you had read it Sean

"Speaking from experience here avoid unstruck primers unless you have an Fac as they will be considered as live rounds and checked for cartridge filliing , primer filling, having experienced Raids by Police and my stuff sent to Forensics for analysis I had to produce paperwork and receipts for every unstruck inert round that I purchased fortunately I had these and all the rounds were sequential."
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

But no mention of whether any of these primers detonated?
So, still not answered the question as asked.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Stigroadie wrote:But no mention of whether any of these primers detonated?
So, still not answered the question as asked.

Sean the intact primers that are in the empty cases / inert rounds are were actually presoaked primers at one stage there is always a possibility of some being live even after soaking in oil. I am making people aware of this fact and your busy chasing your tail here being obstructive to valid concerns and helpful information offered to the forum readership best to be constructive rather than negative see the good advice for what it is, I have posted some helpful tips for people to be made aware of instead of taking risks .

Whether people buy complete shells with primers struck, missing or presoaked its up to them but being made aware of the pit falls at least enables them to choose what best suits their needs.

Have you tried to strike all your primers that you soaked to check that they are all inert as a matter of interest or just happy to accept they are inert, then if you have an FAC for the weapon they chamber into you wont have any concern as to whether they are live or not unless you exceed the quantity you are restricted to having ownership of at any one time, is that not the case.
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

berlin1945 wrote:there is always a possibility of some being live even after soaking in oil.
That is what I want an answer to.
What evidence is there to support your position that this is the case?
I'm not going to test every primer, that is ridiculous, I would have struck primers. That defeats the object.
A random sample is the standard way of testing any batched product. Under the same conditions what has been effective for one is effective for another.
Again, what device would these rounds be placed in where the primer may be struck?
They wont chamber in a de-act, which has no firing pin any way. Only a serious simpleton would put a bullet-ed round in a live firearm at any kind of re-enactment event and that type of action deserves punishment.
A glancing blow isnt going to set one off, you need around 10lbs of focused force to set a primer off.

Your general advise is sound and should be absorbed by all. I just cant agree with your position on properly oiled primers.

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”