winter parka pics

Moderator: Feldjager

Otto41

winter parka pics

Post by Otto41 »

Just got my at the front parka in the mail, cant wait to use it in the field, the only thing is their not as thick as I thought they would be. Ill post pics soon. can any one share pics of their winter parkas from different manufacturers to compare?
berlin1945

Re: winter parka pics

Post by berlin1945 »

yes i got mine a while ago with a private purchaseon here and dug them out for the winter this year , as last year during the snow and storms and ice and used them well , they kept me warm and dry and safe in temperatures of minus 17
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

Nice!!! The sm whole sale parkas that at the front sells seam to be lined with 2 pieces of blanket wool but its still not as thick as I thought, is that authentic? I am no expert on winter gear so any input on this subject would be nice.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

i would think franz or those that live in more extreme climates would be best able to anwser that , i know mine came with a head piece and also thick gloves and i was able to walk in a blizzard several miles without even feeling the cold although you do sweat in them and they can become quite heavy when walking long distances i have mine out now just hoping for lots of snow to get oppotunity to don again.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Volunteer

Post by Volunteer »

SM Wholesale Typ III Charkov- Parka italian camo "Telo Mimetico".
Very, very warm. :mrgreen:
Attachments
P1020277.JPG
P1020277.JPG (109.85 KiB) Viewed 5195 times
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Volunteer wrote:SM Wholesale Typ III Charkov- Parka italian camo "Telo Mimetico".
Very, very warm. :mrgreen:

oh that is one beautiful parka where you get it and approx what price can you pm me please

Volunteer

Post by Volunteer »

grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

Otto41 wrote:Nice!!! The sm whole sale parkas that at the front sells seam to be lined with 2 pieces of blanket wool but its still not as thick as I thought, is that authentic? I am no expert on winter gear so any input on this subject would be nice.
Yup, blanket lining is correct and it works - I wore one of these parkas at a re-enactment in Russia (near St Petersberg) at the end of January a few years back (over a cotton vest, undershirt, m43 shirt and a woolen pullover), I didn't get cold.
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

I understand the blanket lining is correct, but did they ever line it with 2 blanket pieces or just one, or did it very? I am trying to post pics but the file is too big :(
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

thanks otto and grenmartins excellent advice

Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

Despite the efforts of some Chinese makers these should not look like a 'duvet' jacket.
mm1977

Post by mm1977 »

SOF normally have the Italian parkas at shows and at a good price
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

By wearing several layers you keep warm,here are some pics when you could not buy parkas commercially and we had to have them made by wendy colborn,the first model parkas had modern filling which was warm but it was very light in weight.In the last picture I'm wearing my second model parka which was lined with blanket which made it heavier,also like the originals it was not water proof and when wet took a while to dry out and the white side got grubby very quickly,especially if you wear to work every day traveling on a bike.John
Parka.jpg
Parka.jpg (121.54 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
Parka 001.jpg
Parka 001.jpg (99.32 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
Parka 002.jpg
Parka 002.jpg (139.92 KiB) Viewed 5158 times
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
feldman

Post by feldman »

PANTHER-STORE makes good winter suits. -34c ( 34° Celsius = 93° Fahrenheit ) during 24 hrs is the lowest i have tried use them in. I dont use the winter set until at least -8c ( 46°F )
Retired & Armed
Otto41

Post by Otto41 »

Brigardefuhrer those are some great photos!!!

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”