HBT uniforms

Moderator: Feldjager

Franz repper

Re: HBT uniforms

Post by Franz repper »

Uniforms of the Waffen SS Vol 2 covers this it has some Photos of Stiefelhose in Earth grey and grey I will look to see if the others are in there
ImageImageImageImageImage
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

I find it hard to believe that the elite fighting force would not be issued with a summer uniform when the ordinary troops were and why would they be issued with pocketless ones for use in the field, when all thier other tunics would have them? It seems a bit odd to me. I (as we all are) am keen to get things as right as I can, if only to avoid the withering gaze of the "Kitstapo"
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

What you find hard to believe and what are the facts have no connection. Your opinion on the matter, matters not.
The SS were often short of uniforms of their own design and issued those of the Heer cut.
The Heer had traditions and infrastructure going back years, the SS were the new kids on the block.
The drillich issued did have pockets, just not chest pockets. It was issued as work wear to all and only used as warm weather gear as a secondary role.
The SS used the HBT pea dot uniform at one point dont forget. Wasnt used for long as it was felt it didnt last very long in combat.
In the SS you used your wools for combat with your smock?
Kradschuetze

Post by Kradschuetze »

In this book
http://www.amazon.de/Die-Waffen-SS-West ... 426&sr=1-1
but are not seeing HBT breeches, but a large number of early photos from the beginning of the Waffen SS soldiers in HBT jackets. Very interesting pictures, especially with the older models (M37) in the HBT and until 1941.

Cheers
kurt koniger

Post by kurt koniger »

Thankyou Stig. It was not an opinion, it was a question. I am lead to believe that the .heer tunic (6 button tunic) would have been the standard issue for all troops and was merely reacting to a post whicb implied that ss troops would not have been issued this or any summer uniform. My arguement was not that ss troops would have used an ss specific tunic. But that they would surely have been issued what heer troops would? I don't have any issues with being wrong,I am ( I am sure) asking a question to which a definitive answer, would enlighten more than just myself. Surely it's better if we are all getting it right?
Stigroadie

Post by Stigroadie »

kurt koniger wrote: a definitive answer,
First thing I learned was that such a thing is almost impossible in this hobby.
Too many variables.
You work with in acceptable limits not to definitives.
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

kurt koniger wrote: I also heard that they would cut wool tunics into a "dickie" to wear I'n hot weather under camo, also to retain collar tabs????
I heard that dogs can't look up........ that was also a load of bollocks!

Return to “Uniforms and Insignia”