Pulver Kurt and his amazing stash of goodies!

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Hoover

Re: Pulver Kurt and his amazing stash of goodies!

Post by Hoover »

HI Bill,

I think you have misunderstood me.
We (you read the names and the postings, so you are knowing who) saying, that the goups are responsible for the members of their groups. And the group leaders will stay in contact if persons are trying to get memberships. Of course I (nor other people) will visit all people at home. But the group leaders will have to take a look to their members.

I think it is very common, even in the UK.
You do not represent an official reenactment body or organisation, what authority will you have?
Wait a little bit, please.
How are you going to force freelance individuals to join established groups?
The individuals have to get into contact with the groups, and the leader has to say "okay" or "No, thanks"
Again, who appointed you, or others, members of no association or organisation,
as representatives of the reenactment scene in Germany?
Again, wait. I know that in your eyes only assosiations have any right to breathe...
There are members of large groups who do not recognise your position.
Yes, there are 15 organized units here in Germany, and currtently 9 are working together in terms of standards and rules. But it will take some time to get the definitive result. The Britsh assosiations weren´t finish in 3 months, too.

I am wondering that you critize the idea that the groups are respnsible for the reliability of their members. Who other should be do that? You? Or foreign associations?
meyer

Post by meyer »

using the royal WEE again or just trying to take it hoover?,don't tell us brit's how to re,enact .we have been there done that and got the hoffman grink tee shirt.
Hoover

Post by Hoover »

don't tell us brit's how to re,enact
I never told you how to reenact, but there are a lot of Brits trying to told us here how to.

But this is not the content of the thread here, I think.

We have a case of a reenactor who got into trouble with the law due to illegal collecting of weapons. And now we are thinking how to prevent it for the future. That´s why the groups are responsible for their members.
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Hoover wrote:
The individuals have to get into contact with the groups
My question still remains........what happens to them if they do not do this?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

Brilliant! Now the Swingstyle disclaimers come in and politicize the thread - I have seen them go from one extreme to the other - Now they jump on the control bandwagon.......

Having at first tried to help and being kicked in the nuts, they now pretend that they are along the road of rationalising their hobby........ Having it forced on them as a reaction to something outside their control that I suggested would or may impact upon them....... Oh the richness of it.

As for not having "Auslanders" "tell" them how to re-enact - So no one else's opinions,experience, skills or talents count. Racist bastards!

I'll watch with interest what happens in Germany - I suspect the forums will be locked down tighter and open access limited...... I predict less open re-enactment and more visitors abroad from Germany. With the exception of a very few anything I have involvement with will be taking a dim view of them. I'm going to practice what Hoover preaches. I don't know them, they have a bad reputation (I mean some of them collect illegal weapons and hoard explosives) and they can't be trusted. The ones I know (basing my actions on Hoover's published model here) or who come recommended by trusted Germans will be welcomed and included....... Can't say fairer than that.

As for Herr Meyer - They didn't do a Grink T Shirt in your size Steve....... and you never signed up so didn't get one.... but there's time yet. :lol:

Sheesh! all this from one little article about an old geezer with a garage full of dug ups........ (and not so dug ups)
les hearn

Post by les hearn »

hmm
seems hoover is "in my eyes"
not a reenactor
but someone who is intent on imposing rules and regulations on people

how can you call yourself a reenactor?

history happened
reenactors are only interested in the history
why are you only interested in banning the history?

and why are you on this forum?
this forum is to promote the legal and historic portrayal of all sides during ww2
if you want to ban the ss then please do not bring onto this forum youre dispicable hatred to us here
i have just returned from a country that was one of the most oppressed during ww2
russia
they over there welcomed us with oppen arms
and many vets too who went through some of the most terifying battles still welcomed us
the reason is this
we help celebrate the victorys over the nazi regime
that is it
we are not ...and never will be nazi's
so please do not think we are

hoover
you are in the wrong hobby fella
95th nacht..attached 85th gebirgsjeager

have enigma ,will travel.
Kradschuetze

Post by Kradschuetze »

Hoover

Post by Hoover »

My question still remains........what happens to them if they do not do this?
Simply they will not be allowed to be a member of the groups. That´s simply is it. I think, it is the same way in UK groups.
It is only a question within the groups, as I stated.

That has nothing to do with the dsiclaimer.
As for not having "Auslanders" "tell" them how to re-enact - So no one else's opinions,experience, skills or talents count. Racist bastards!
Nice behavior. I am thrilled how the admins will react for this insult. I never attecked onyone of you. But you do.
very good. That is food for your enemies.

As I stated: I never tried to change your UK way of reenactment, so who gives you the right to judge over Germans?

history happened
reenactors are only interested in the history
why are you only interested in banning the history?
Sorry, but you understood nothing of the problems here in Germany.
Nobody is banning history.
how can you call yourself a reenactor?
How can you aks this question?
if you want to ban the ss then please do not bring onto this forum youre dispicable hatred to us here
I don´t to ban the SS. If it can be portrayed without problems, so do that. But we have a lot of cases here, that we can´t do it without problems for the whole hobby, And not I am starting the discussion every time.
seems hoover is "in my eyes"
not a reenactor
but someone who is intent on imposing rules and regulations on people
That´s your opinion. But in Germany there is a mayority for othert opinions. Ask Bill, he knows it.

And I only want to make rules in cooperation with other groups (not me alone, really not) to make the hobby better accepted here.
we are not ...and never will be nazi's
so please do not think we are
I don´t think and never did this. I never told you or any other SS reenactors a nazi.
Hoover

Post by Hoover »

Without words

http://lebendige-geschichte.ch/viewtopi ... =48&t=1547

Best Regards
Und?
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

What? You make racist statements against people from another nation who initially tried to help - You talk amongst yourselves in an arrogant, Nationalistic manner and then you expect no one to challenge you on it. The number of times you've told me and others how little we understand of your culture is testament to that. "No one other than a German could possibly understand" - Eier or Bollocks as we say over here!
Les nails it exactly. He's just spend a long weekend on a WWII Battlefield actually representing YOU and your Nation...... Surely it would be better if Living Historians of Germany would make that representation - But your heads are so far up you own self interested arses you will never pull them out and smell the daisies......

Hoover - Do you HAVE to come here? :lol:

Kradscheutze - thank you for that link - Once again it illustrates the duality of Hoover's stance......

To the general readership - Notice once again - in comes Frankie boy (what is it with these German Franks?) and the thread goes to ratshit.

On a serious note - the old chap suffered a collapse during the police action and has not yet, apparently recovered - I doubt Hoover will be sending him any flowers, offering support or visiting him in hospital. In fact I wonder if any of his former "friends" in re-enactment will step forwards to offer any support........ :roll:
Bill Medland

Post by Bill Medland »

Alesandro on the German forum writes:
Nein Waffen SS ist in Baumholder verboten und es gab nie Filmaufnahmen zu diesem Thema. Auch nicht vor 2009...
TRANSLATION:No, Waffen-SS in Baumholder are forbiden and there was never a film made about this theme. Also not before 2009...

What a load of bollocks Alesandro! :roll:

The Waffen-SS group (that are now the 72nd Inf.Div.) attended Baumholder each year and in 2005 and 2006 they were Waffen-SS.

As for the Film work that has been mentioned, although you say it NEVER happened, here is the cover to the DVD to prove it did happen,
it was filmed by Kevin de Voss and Rudiger Hess.

Cheers, Bill.
Salacious Crumb

Post by Salacious Crumb »

I think it's wrong to obligate people to join a society! I think it's also frightning that a group of societies may regulate the scene... What if they say you may not wear Luftwaffe any more becouse some bull* reason? Do you then say OK, I'll do Kriegsmarine?

I'm for the freedom of impression and the freedom to be independant.
Member of
http://maa204.blogspot.com/
Kriegsmarine re-enactment group
Hoover

Post by Hoover »

You make racist statements against people from another nation who initially tried to help
I didn´t. But you has been very insulting. Good work.
Kradscheutze - thank you for that link - Once again it illustrates the duality of Hoover's stance......
I am stinding to my opinion then and now.
I doubt Hoover will be sending him any flowers, offering support or visiting him in hospital. In fact I wonder if any of his former "friends" in re-enactment will step forwards to offer any support.......
I don´t knowing him personally, so why should I send him flowers?

Hoffmann, okay. I won´t write anything to the "SS-in-Germany-theme". You are too insulting to other people, that is a shame.

@olivier: I am sorry,but I won´t answer you here.
JDR

Post by JDR »

This is me being devils advocate

I can understand Hoovers point after this guy who had all this hard ware in his barn that German reenactors may have to come under even more tighter controls. what i think hoover is saying is that Groups will have to "keep" an eye on new members and have them on a probation period like groups in the UK do.
Also i think what Hoover is getting at that reenactors that arnt members of a group may have to join a group so they can be policed which imho is fair enough if it stops any other potential nutcases.

Regarding Pulver Kurt in a SS uniform even thou he was a member of a wehrmacht group look at it from the media point of view whats more shocking to the readers seeing this guy in a wehrmacht uniform or an SS one? of course the papers etc are going to go with the SS picture.

Bill who appoints any representatives within the hobby be it mainland Europe, UK, USA, etc someone has to to take the bull by the horns or nothing will get done.

Again i can see where Hoover is coming from who runs this organisation an assosiation in Germany or one overseas, well i know if an overseas organisation was in over all charge of British based reenactors it would go down like a lead balloon.

You can draw parallels in Germany and the UK regarding this and its been dicussed recently on this forum and the pozzi one regarding gun laws etc.
And that boys is how you take a penalty.
Hoffman Grink

Post by Hoffman Grink »

I'm more or less with JDR on this one - We don't need something "in charge" of us - I refrain from naming ourselves but what we do is give people something to belong to and we have proved it doesn't need to "tell anyone what to do" - Because we saw early on that people already know how to behave and what the limits are (there are some f**kwits who don't and who DO cock it up for people still) so that more or less regulates itself.

As with the recent discussions on the absentee landlord forum it emerges there is a need for some means whereby all us re-enactors with an opinion can register it and have it presented to authority when needed. At this time something which only a tiny tiny number of us belong to purports to speak on our behalf. It doesn't - it says what it THINKS we need...... and it protects its own interests first. This needs to change.

But back to this one - To sum Hoover up in a nutshell - If he told me it was Tuesday today I'd have to buy a newspaper to check. As for insulting - you must have a thin skin chum....... I haven't even got into first gear...... Perhaps plain speaking isn't to your taste? I don't know nor do I care. You act like a cock, you speak like a cock and your opinions are cockish..... therefore I deduce you to be a cock. The fact that I choose to tell people this is my prerogative. Perhaps if I didn't see or hear you I wouldn't have to tell people. More unlikely, if you changed your views to positive ones and stopped discriminating against people I (and many others) would no longer see you as a cock........

Return to “General”