Post by Tychsen »

http://www.bender-publishing.com/GermanCross5.html

German Cross in Gold
Holders of the SS and Police
Volume 5
Polizei Division and Police Units
by Mark C. Yerger
Assisted by Ignacio Arrondo

Volume 5 covers the first half of German Cross in Gold holders of the Polizei Division and independent Polizei Units. Exacting new details of this unit that saw combat in the West, Russia, and Greece includes its numerous commanders and senior staff, as well as an exhaustive study of its development and Kampfgruppe Polizei Division. The Honor Clasp and Close Combat Clasp in Gold holders of the formation are detailed, all enhanced with a wealth of previously unseen documents and photos. Foreword by Leslie Fiorenza.

- 320 Pages
-138 Photos
-Deluxe Binding
-$44.95
-ISBN No. 1-932970-16-9

This is on sale from 20/12/10 on wards , I have already placed an order with RJ Bender. :)

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/ ... ost4364493

Thanks, also for the kind words and happy it's here next week. My apologies for unavoidable production problems with new publisher PC programs, etc. But I adore my publisher for his quality product and attention to detail, having no desire to have my books done by anyone else. He wrote the first book on the Waffen-SS I read.

Of course I welcome as always hearing from readers after they absorb their copy, in this case a unit demonstrating the close co-operation between the Army and the Waffen-SS as well as one of the more complicated units as far as its development and deployment.

And before the first e-mail asks, volume 6 completes the Polizei Division and independent Polizei unit German Cross holders as well as a separate section on the dozen senior independent SS leaders who won the GC. Those latter 12 include von dem Bach, Rösener, Jeckeln, Kammler, and Prützmann among others.

Hopefully I'm back up to speed and meet my own deadline for vol. 6, despite a rough final quarter this year with 2 more surgeries and the death of my mother with resulting time needed for all that involved regards her care and estate. Will do my best in that regard and have hopefully shown to be rather constant over the decades in producing my books with a significant amount of new data, numerous corrections to other books, and images. Books one can actually learn from.

Best Christmas holiday wishes,
Mark C. Yerger

Also see
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=10863
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7646
Tychsen

Re: German Cross in Gold Holders of the SS and Police Volume 5

Post by Tychsen »

I got my copy yesterday No 30 of the first signed 250 so no complaints. :)

The book itself is exceptional in terms of the quality of production , RJB have certainly done a first rate job, paper quality , font size make for easy on the eye reading and the photographic reproduction is of a very high standard.

Content wise this subject "Polizei Division and Police Units" is very much new ground for me so in terms of learning experience I am happy to go with this.

There are another 5 Volumes projected in this series and from what I understand "6" is at an advanced stage.

So far Volumes 1-4 have been excellent and this , number 5 does not disappoint - all in all excellent value for money . :P
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Do you know if the nord members are in any of the volumes ?
ImageImageImageImageImage
Tychsen

Post by Tychsen »

Joel , I will drop you a pm on this outlining the units covered so far.
If you have any photos of Nord DK holders Mark Yerger would I am sure be delighted if you could help him out with photos or information , helping in this project would really be worth while for it is going to be one which will I am sure be a standard reference guide to DK holders within the SS.

Return to “Books, films & other media”