Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi?

General reenactment discussion

Moderator: Jaws

Peter Bauer

Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi?

Post by Peter Bauer »

Has this been here?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arc ... nazi/64319

Kinda scary what people say about these things... completely ignoring the facts and just blaming this one guy, I guess to make themselves look better somehow...
BedsnHerts

Re: Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi?

Post by BedsnHerts »

Apparently the sub editor liked that headline more than:

Why Is This Man Wearing A Tartan Rug and Sports Socks?
Mooyman

Post by Mooyman »

[quote="Peter Bauer"]Has this been here?

yeah pappa did:http://panzergrenadier.net/forum/viewto ... 40&t=15658

The best repro is an original...
Pummelchen

Post by Pummelchen »

Sydnor added that re-enactments like the Wiking group's are illegal in Germany and Austria. "If you were to put on an SS uniform in Germany today, you'd be arrested."
I would appreciate to see Mr. Sydnor's source, as I have not seen anything along this in writing by authorities in Germany! Going purely by the juristical side one is allowed to reenact the Waffen SS if it is for educational reasons (in connection with museums for example) or film and fotoshootings.

Kind regards,
Beate
TacAide

Post by TacAide »

Pummelchen wrote:Going purely by the juristical side one is allowed to reenact the Waffen SS if it is for educational reasons (in connection with museums for example) or film and fotoshootings.

Kind regards,
Beate
Very true, I can verify this as one who has worn Waffen-SS uniform in Germany as recently as June 2008 on a film set AND while coming and going to the set by bus. Most Germans, including the police, looked a little :? but let us get on with our business.

I really, really enjoy telling the pompous s*its (you know the type) who tell me that I would be arrested and go to jail for wearin 'THAT' in Germany, that I have and I wasn't - :P :)

Return to “General”