Correct shade of leather??????

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Stigroadie

Re: Correct shade of leather??????

Post by Stigroadie »

I'd say that if you took 10 belts from across the production you would find a range of shades. Even if you could transport yourself back to the 1930/40s you would find that.
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

You're saying brown leather production was halted in 42, after that, did they get the regular black Heer gear..?
dog green 1

Post by dog green 1 »

Sorry if the question seemed naive :roll: Maybe I should have re-phrased it. What would you prefer. I'm not really going to get 10 different shades in. I'll get one but was asking to see which you'd all prefer. I'll start with the earth shade and see what you think of that. Will also see if I can get them in natural finish.
"To a New Yorker like you a Hero is some sort of wierd sandwich"

Jaws

Post by Jaws »

dog green 1 wrote:Sorry if the question seemed naive :roll: Maybe I should have re-phrased it. What would you prefer. I'm not really going to get 10 different shades in. I'll get one but was asking to see which you'd all prefer. I'll start with the earth shade and see what you think of that. Will also see if I can get them in natural finish.

:lol: That will teach you to ask a simple question! :lol:

I think if you offered leather items in a natural leather state, we could age/colour it to suit our needs.
What does everyone else think to this idea?

Regards,

Gary.
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i like the colour of stadlers leather
Stadler

Post by Stadler »

Sheikh Al Stranghi wrote:You're saying brown leather production was halted in 42, after that, did they get the regular black Heer gear..?
They started production of black leather equipment. LW Y-straps in black were produced till the end of war! I don't know why did they stand out of brown leather... It may be connected with unification od leather's colour in Wehrmacht (in 1943 LW was ordered to repaint brown leather equipment into black, but this instruction was only partly effected)
Sheikh Al Stranghi

Post by Sheikh Al Stranghi »

Wasn't it so that the gear was produced in brown, and had to be blackened by the soldiers themselves (like with Heer gear..?) ?
rednas

Post by rednas »

Ironically in '43 or so the order came to stop blackening the shoes. :?
Erich Johann

Post by Erich Johann »

rednas wrote:Ironically in '43 or so the order came to stop blackening the shoes. :?
Do you have a source for that?
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

Erich Johann wrote:
rednas wrote:Ironically in '43 or so the order came to stop blackening the shoes. :?
Ibid. Nr .10. 15 th May 1944 ,Ziff .233. ( for SS this would be a Follow on from WH )
ImageImageImageImageImage
Erich Johann

Post by Erich Johann »

Franz repper wrote:
Erich Johann wrote:
Ibid. Nr .10. 15 th May 1944 ,Ziff .233. ( for SS this would be a Follow on from WH )
Well, SS is one thing, WH another. So far I have only seen the SS order as an evidence for the reenactorism "don't blacken your boots if you're doing post-'43." I'd be more than happy to see a reference for the WH order.
Franz repper

Post by Franz repper »

As I dont have much intrest in WH I cant help that much but as a General rule the waffen SS followed the WH
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”