New Brown Based Splinter B smocks from Barry Lyndon

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

Pietje

Re: New Brown Based Splinter B smocks from Barry Lyndon

Post by Pietje »

Great photo's Jäger.. Just question... could you make one or twho photographs outside so that its better to judge about colours??? Thanks in advance !!!!!!!!!!!!
HGKanonier

Post by HGKanonier »

Mikkel wrote:
HGKanonier wrote:Is the bandoleer made longer to fit Westerners?
Germany was also considered a western country back then. I assume you mean _modern_ westerner :D
Yeah, man! Those POS Sturm Bandos are too freakin' short, hike your shit up, make you look like Billy Bob Thornton in Sling Blade.
Jager Roll

Post by Jager Roll »

Suprisingly enough , I checked the pocket of the smocks and discovered that he included an eagle with each smock on the splinter material
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o176 ... 0_2584.jpg

Pietje,
I am working late all week, I will get some outside photos this weekend.
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

Thanks Jäger!
Jager Roll

Post by Jager Roll »

Pietje,

Here are the outside photos I promised

Regular

Vintaged
Pietje

Post by Pietje »

Thanks once again Jäger !!! :D
Schuetze Arsch

Post by Schuetze Arsch »

Jager Roll wrote:Pietje,

Here are the outside photos I promised

Regular

Vintaged
I´m sorry Jaeger, I have to repeat my former statement !
The Berry Lyndon (Spearhead) splinter B pattern is extra incorrect !
As a Fallschirmjaeger-expert with so many first class jump smocks hanging in your
wardrobe you schould know this fact.

Here is a comparsion between a correct splinter B pattern (left side) and the wrong
pattern made by "Berry Lyndon (on the right side)
Comparsion-splinter-B-Ok.jpg
Comparsion-splinter-B-Ok.jpg (156.78 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
I can show you more incorrect parts of the Spearhead pattern, if this is necessary !
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Schuetze Arsch , it is a well known fact that Barrys splinter pattern is incorrect
Schuetze Arsch

Post by Schuetze Arsch »

Hans Gowert wrote:Schuetze Arsch , it is a well known fact that Barrys splinter pattern is incorrect
But why the heck is there then so much hype about this "Spearhead" jump smock :?: :?: :?:
Jager Roll

Post by Jager Roll »

Schuetze Arsch wrote:
Jager Roll wrote:Pietje,

I´m sorry Jaeger, I have to repeat my former statement !
The Berry Lyndon (Spearhead) splinter B pattern is extra incorrect !
As a Fallschirmjaeger-expert with so many first class jump smocks hanging in your
wardrobe you schould know this fact.

Here is a comparsion between a correct splinter B pattern (left side) and the wrong
pattern made by "Berry Lyndon (on the right side)
Comparsion-splinter-B-Ok.jpg
I can show you more incorrect parts of the Spearhead pattern, if this is necessary !
I have no doubt that Zeug makes some very good smocks and in no way am I a smock expert, nor am I saying that the Barry Lyndon smocks are perfect smocks which they are not. But would it not be more appropriate to rate a smock by compairing it to an origional rather than another reproduction?
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Schuetze Arsch wrote:
Hans Gowert wrote:Schuetze Arsch , it is a well known fact that Barrys splinter pattern is incorrect
But why the heck is there then so much hype about this "Spearhead" jump smock :?: :?: :?:

because its better then his previouse one,

and its the best cheap alternative to a top of the range smock
Schuetze Arsch

Post by Schuetze Arsch »

Right that´s the point :wink: !

This is what I wanted to hear, so I totally agree, just like I have wrote in my first post.
But I think it is imortant to let the people know that the Spearhead smock is not bad but it
does not reach the authenticity of the high-end products such as G-Max or Zeug.
I also prefer that beginners starts with a Spearhead "wannabe" smock instead of splinter A smocks.

Cheers
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

i believe any fallschirmjager reenactor who has done an ounce of research knows that a barry lyndon smock is a cheap alternative to a high end smock.

but it all boils down to cost.

Some people get really funny using expensive kit in the field etc etc , which is fair enuff ,so this is a cheap alternative which in my eyes, is fine to reenact in.
Jager Roll

Post by Jager Roll »

Schuetze Arsch wrote:Right that´s the point :wink: !

This is what I wanted to hear, so I totally agree, just like I have wrote in my first post.
But I think it is imortant to let the people know that the Spearhead smock is not bad but it
I also prefer that beginners starts with a Spearhead "wannabe" smock instead of splinter A smocks.

Cheers
Very much agreed Sir,

I would hate to lose a good reenactor who knows history, prior military and gets along well with others because in these tough economic times he cannot afford a top of the line kit (I tell unit members Family first hobby second). This is a decent alternative until they can afford a top of the line smock like a Zeug one, SMW one or a Lost Battalions one. Anything to keep new prospects from the dreaded splinter A smocks (I also being a member of SASAK........ Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks ..... and a member of SAPDK......Society Against Pea Dot Knochensacks...and a member of SATDOPK...Society Against the Dreaded Oak Pattern Knochensacks :lol: )

I wanted to order a Zeug one but got a bit spooked when he did not answer my E-mails.

Tim
www.fjr3.com
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

Jager Roll wrote:
Schuetze Arsch wrote:Right that´s the point :wink: !

Cheers
Very much agreed Sir,

I would hate to lose a good reenactor who knows history, prior military and gets along well with others because in these tough economic times he cannot afford a top of the line kit (I tell unit members Family first hobby second). This is a decent alternative until they can afford a top of the line smock like a Zeug one, SMW one or a Lost Battalions one. Anything to keep new prospects from the dreaded splinter A smocks (I also being a member of SASAK........ Society Against Splinter A Knochensacks ..... and a member of SAPDK......Society Against Pea Dot Knochensacks...and a member of SATDOPK...Society Against the Dreaded Oak Pattern Knochensacks :lol: )

I wanted to order a Zeug one but got a bit spooked when he did not answer my E-mails.

Tim
http://www.fjr3.com
well posted tim!

Return to “Fallschirmjaeger”