Hello from Ireland

Please can all members introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Oberleutnant Ulrich

doobie

Hello from Ireland

Post by doobie »

Big hello to everyone from southern Ireland. Anybody else from Ireland here? Anyway I have been deeply interested in all things military for most of my 42 years and think I'd like to squeeze myself into uniform and participate b4 my unconditional surrender to my youth. :) Once again "Hello". JT
major easy

Re: Hello from Ireland

Post by major easy »

Hello and welcome.There plenty of guys from southern ireland on here.Theres about three southern groups represented on this forum.Theres the brandenburgs in limerick,battlegroup south,leibstandarte adolf hitler,the largest.and our humble selves.grossdeutschland based in carlow,kilkenny.Enjoy this forum,its a wonderful tool and a friendly place.All the best .foxy.
dagda

Post by dagda »

Yeah there is a fair few around!! I would add Fallschirmjager and Panzer Lehr to the above list! Welcome aboard!

Here is a link to the main Irish(North and South) Axis discussion forums!

http://ww2ireland.hostingdelivered.com/index.php

Gluck Ab
You're losing.you're losing, you're losing your vitamin c

Egyptian Kings packing their things!!

I keep this picture to keep my hate strong!

http://www.heavenandhell.org.uk

Reichsmark

Post by Reichsmark »

Welcome to the forum,
where are you based, and do you have a particular arm of the services (SS, FJ, WH etc.) you would like to get involved in?
You'll find a lot of great infomation here, and a number of the users are from different groups in Ireland, anything you need to know just ask.
Best of luck.
doobie

Post by doobie »

Hey thanks for the welcome guys. Reichsmark ,I'm in the Dungarvan area of Co. Waterford. Not sure if there are any groups in this area? Going to invest in a Wehrmacht M34 rigout and take it from there. Any advice would be much appreciated as the budget is tight these days. Thanks again .JT
major easy

Post by major easy »

Wargroup has some members in dungarvin.They are an allied reenactment group but have links to battlegroup south who have a lot of members next door to you in cork.If its cheap uniforms you are after there are great bargins on here at the moment.Everybodys feeling the money pinch at the moment and guys are letting stuff off cheap!If you need any info on prices of anything at all pm me and il tell you where i got my gear from.Im a tight git by the way.regards foxy.
Irland-redaktion

Post by Irland-redaktion »

Big hello to everyone from southern Ireland. Anybody else from Ireland here?
There's more than just southern Irish folk in this asylum :wink:
Reichsmark

Post by Reichsmark »

doobie wrote:Hey thanks for the welcome guys. Reichsmark ,I'm in the Dungarvan area of Co. Waterford. Not sure if there are any groups in this area? Going to invest in a Wehrmacht M34 rigout and take it from there. Any advice would be much appreciated as the budget is tight these days. Thanks again .JT
Hi JT, Wehrmacht is an excellent choice, but not sure what you mean by M34?
you are fortunate in that one of the largest re-enactment groups on the island (Kampfgruppe Sud / Battlegroup South) is in your back yard!

You should have a read through the postings on this site, it's a gold mine of information!
Keep an eye out for postings from the Irish lads, (you'll recognise them soon enough) sometimes it might look like they could'nt agree on the colour of shite, but that just reflects their passion for the hobby!

Best thing to do is go to a couple of the shows, talk to the lads there, convince yourself they're the kind of people you could get on with, and they're representing the part of history you would like to be associated with, and have a long think about it (this is'nt a cheap hobby!) then when you are sure about it,.... sign up.

You'll re-discover a part of your life that has been missing for years!

When you've made your mind up and decided which group and section you want to join, you'll get tonnes of information on all the kit you'll need and all the other stuff you would never have even thought about, so hold off on buying anything just yet! :shock:

go neirí an tádh leat
:)

Return to “Introductions”