Luftwaffe Field Division

Moderators: carentan, paulmfjr2

paulmfjr2

Luftwaffe Field Division

Post by paulmfjr2 »

I have heard that there is a small group started that do LFD, anybody know who they are or have contact details?

By the way there is a good group in France that do LFD, there is a link on Richard Underwoods site.

Paul
carentan

Post by carentan »

Is it the LFD that was at Merriworth last year, if so the HG boys know them. I don't know if they have a website.

Darren
Hanging up my Knochensack for now, it's been a good war!
paulmfjr2

Post by paulmfjr2 »

Cheers Darren, I think they were at Swynerton this year?
herman the german

Post by herman the german »

Hi paul .if you can call me I will give you all there details.
thanks dave. :lol:
stabsfeildwebel otto kuntz
http://www.ramcke.org.uk/
John Reece

Post by John Reece »

Hi I'm John from the 20th Luftwaffe Field Division.
We have not been going long, but are getting a web site together in the near future. If anyone would like to email us please feel free.
meridianmarauder@aol.com
Schäfer

Post by Schäfer »

John Reece wrote:Hi I'm John from the 20th Luftwaffe Field Division.
We have not been going long, but are getting a web site together in the near future. If anyone would like to email us please feel free.
meridianmarauder@aol.com
Is that the same group that Simon belongs to? (I spoke to a couple of your lads at Detling recently.)
'Heia Safari' Facebook group page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/341661532588540

Wilder Feger

Detling 2006

Post by Wilder Feger »

The lads sans Simon at Detling on the Monday.

regards,
Kelly
'Guns for show, knives for a pro'

Kelly McKeel - Facebook me!
DRK Nurse - Heidi Stöckel
Helferinnen- Heidi Stöckel
Sgt ATS
warren

Post by warren »

Welcome to the 20th LFD.

If you need any help with your flak - gimme a buzz.

(No you can't have bits off it)

Warren
SBG
LuftwaffeFD

Re: Luftwaffe Field Division

Post by LuftwaffeFD »

Myself and my mate are currently putting together our Luftwaffe Field Division impressions (17th LW Field Div) and our main interest is the Flak elements of the Division :D

Do you have any further information on them?

I have looked at SBG's 2cm Flak 38 with Sd.Ah. 51 (I think :oops: ) many a time it is a very very nice piece :P

Danny
"Chorlitz|12.SS|": With that many mp40s i dont think anyone had a chance.
"Gott Mit Uns": Your right - they were all picked off 300 meters away by riflemen.
kiler

Post by kiler »

Hi Danny. Me and my friends from the group also from time to time do the Flak crew impression. Here is the picture from the event that took place this Summer in Eastern Poland - the giant amount of mud just like on the Ostfront, and my dead body on the wheel :D

LuftwaffeFD

Post by LuftwaffeFD »

Fantastic picture Kilerp!!!! Hope to get some pictures of my impression up soon :D

Any tips reference LFD webbing and equipment?

Danny
"Gott Mit Uns": Your right - they were all picked off 300 meters away by riflemen.
kiler

Post by kiler »

LuftwaffeFD wrote:Fantastic picture Kilerp!!!!
Thanks, I like it as well :wink:
LuftwaffeFD wrote:Any tips reference LFD webbing and equipment?
We are also starting to do this impression so we need tips as well. We chose to use tan and water LWFeld jackets. We have mixed leather equipment (brown and black), which should be OK for past 1943 period. Here are the pictures of our unit member from yesterdays event. Any comments welcomed.

LuftwaffeFD

Post by LuftwaffeFD »

Totally fantastic pictures!!! :D I've ordered most the kit your wearing now including a tan and water Field jacket, just awaiting the postman! :lol: (Trusting Royal Mail should be here next year sometime lol)

What time period do you base your impression on as was thinking about portraying before 1st November 1943 and the amalgamation with Heer.

Will try to get some pictures up soon,

Cheers in advance,
Danny
AndreasC

Post by AndreasC »

Don't know if you have seen this site of American re-enactors who do Luftwaffe Field Division in the States. Quite useful for reference though. I do Hermann Goering Division and generally wear the Splinter B Luftwaffe Field Division Jacket. One of the bests ones going is from Zeugmeisterei. Great jacket albeit pricy. Will probably get an FD impression going as well. Good luck with yours.

http://www.reenactor.net/units/17lwfd/1 ... _main.html
kiler

Post by kiler »

LuftwaffeFD wrote:Totally fantastic pictures!!! :D I've ordered most the kit your wearing now including a tan and water Field jacket, just awaiting the postman! :lol: (Trusting Royal Mail should be here next year sometime lol)
Glad you like it, though its not me in the picture, but my friend from the unit, who agreed to be a model :wink:
LuftwaffeFD wrote:What time period do you base your impression on as was thinking about portraying before 1st November 1943 and the amalgamation with Heer.
A present we base on later period, 1944 Normandy etc., but my fellow unit memebers have a strong desire to portray LW ground units even since 1939 (early HG, Flak units).
AndreasC wrote:Don't know if you have seen this site of American re-enactors who do Luftwaffe Field Division in the States. Quite useful for reference though.
Great site Andreas, I`m really grateful for this link !
AndreasC wrote:I do Hermann Goering Division and generally wear the Splinter B Luftwaffe Field Division Jacket. One of the bests ones going is from Zeugmeisterei. Great jacket albeit pricy.
As I said before, we also think about doing HG impression. Some members even want it to be our main profile, as HG fought in Poland in 1944 and we occasionally portrayed this unit during Warsaw Uprising 1944 event this summer:

http://www.polskieradio.pl/_files/20070 ... 44_400.jpg

(complete gallery from this great event here: http://www.polskieradio.pl/krajiswiat/t ... 886,1.html )

As for our jackets: we would also prefer Splitter B but at the time we bought it the only alternative for us were the products of Sturm and their Splitter Tarnjacke is crappy (its not Splitter B) so tan and water jackets were the only possible solution.

Return to “Luftwaffe, HG, Flak, FD”