Show us you!

The place to display all those event photos you have

Moderator: Richk98

Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Re: Show us you!

Post by Der Spiess »

Oberleutnant Ulrich wrote:Just want to make one thing clear, I do agree that most of us here are trying to get a 100% accurate impression and pictures do help, but with these pictures here under the title of "show us you" I think it's appropriate as that's what he's doing.
Absolutely. The only thing is it's "show us you" on a re-enactment site. Not a make believe dressing up site. And as our friend has said:
"Cry Havok and let loose the comments of Farbyness."
I think he wants to court controversy.
It's given us(me) a vent for our(my) spleen anyway. :D
Oh and while we're on the subject his side arms on the wrong side unless he's within the confines of Germany. :roll:
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Halle

Post by Halle »

It is show us you , and , in my experience , if you do that , you can get slaughtered if you're not up to the mark - so it was fair play for putting them back up and opening himself up to more Flak - Now , he can take the advice , and improve his impression ( if he so wishes ) or carry on regardless , in the knowledge that what he's doing is total Farb ... If a member of the public stumbles across this forum , I think they will be left in no doubt about what is a good, or bad , impression :wink:

I've been to loads of shows over the years , and this sort of impression is far from unique ... :lol:
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
Der Spiess
Location: Don't know but that blokes got a balaclava and an AK47!

Post by Der Spiess »

Halle wrote:I've been to loads of shows over the years , and this sort of impression is far from unique ... :lol:
Ain't that the truth! :D
Toodle pip
Der Spiess
Belfast or Bust
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

There was a guy at Victory walking around in a SS officer's parade uniform with all the medals he could find on it and had a Fieldmarschall's baton in one hand...now THAT is a sin!
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

Thanks for the comments, should I be able to afford better kit I would get it, however for now I am happy with how I look, yes I will get called a farb, yes I will get flak, but at the end of the day, the group I am with still gets many invites a year to events and has sole access to a good dozen or so for ww2, I do this for fun, and to educate the public, I dont do it to promenade or to dress up, there will be people out there who are more correct than me and thats great, and there will be people who are worse, thats also fine, at the end of the day I dont do this to impress others in the hobby, I do it because I enjoy it, if you wish to take issue with this or the way I do it, then I cant stop you, its your choice, I will always accept advice and ideas, but if I cant afford to change something, then its gona stay.

There, I have said my piece, feel free to mock me now, and call me a farb and a disgrace, just remeber, I am still happy, and dont care.
Name: Jonathan
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

How do you educate the public with your incorrect uniforms, spectacles and beard? What can you possibly teach them dressed like an action figure?
I see you are NWW2a, that really is all that needs to be said. Fancy dress and fun time Jerry farbs. Have you seen their bright yellow 222? What RAL code is that? Dulux perhaps?
It's a shame as some of the British and American members of NWW2a are not half bad.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Everyone works on a budget, and this hobby isn't the cheapest, but here's my two peneth

Instead of buying a smock, gorget or pistol holster why not invest in a good pair of boots? Surely the price paid for those could be offset against a good pair of boots?

You can still have fun doing the hobby and do it 'Right' correctly - why do thing half heartedly?

(If those items I mentioned were loaned to you then disregard my post!)
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
Jaws

Post by Jaws »

It is wise to think carefully when posting pictures in this section, as many of the critical eyes that will comment are those who are passionate about this hobby with many years of research, research and then more research behind them. Constructive comments to improve your impression are always welcomed.

We've all seen pictures that have been as close to perfect as we can ever create, spoiled by a modern power pylon, or some member of the public strolling along eating an ice cream looking at the displays.

I've even seen a VERY good picture of a fallschirmjager reenactor posted on ebay as an original WW2 photo... to get to that standard, your doing very well!

Regards,

Gary
S.A.S.A.B.
Society Against Splinter A Bandoliers

Find The Frontline Association on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheFrontlineAssociation
Oberleutnant Ulrich

Post by Oberleutnant Ulrich »

Jaws wrote:It is wise to think carefully when posting pictures in this section, as many of the critical eyes that will comment are those who are passionate about this hobby with many years of research, research and then more research behind them. Constructive comments to improve your impression are always welcomed.

We've all seen pictures that have been as close to perfect as we can ever create, spoiled by a modern power pylon, or some member of the public strolling along eating an ice cream looking at the displays.

I've even seen a VERY good picture of a fallschirmjager reenactor posted on ebay as an original WW2 photo... to get to that standard, your doing very well!

Regards,

Gary
Actually, there's more of those popping up all over the place on eBay.de... :evil:
Arthur

Leutnant Ulrich Stab./II/JG-52
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./756. Gren. Reg.
Leutnant Ulrich Heereshochgebirgsschule
Leutnant Ulrich Stab./I./Geb.Aufkl.Abt.54
Brigardefuhrer

Post by Brigardefuhrer »

War & Peace.
10526179_10152528145541648_787702808792803381_n (640x630).jpg
10526179_10152528145541648_787702808792803381_n (640x630).jpg (189.61 KiB) Viewed 4651 times
"I require able bodied men,with good horse and gun.
I wish none but those who desire to be actively engaged".
"Come on boys,if you want a heap of fun and to kill some yankees".
Nathan Bedford Forest.
Jooooonas

Post by Jooooonas »

johankreig wrote: Image
No one still spotted that there are no collar tabs? Do they also cost too much? :roll:
Living History Group "Ostpreußen"
https://www.facebook.com/ClubOstpreussen
Sean

Post by Sean »

Der Spiess wrote:
Oberleutnant Ulrich wrote:Just want to make one thing clear, I do agree that most of us here are trying to get a 100% accurate impression and pictures do help, but with these pictures here under the title of "show us you" I think it's appropriate as that's what he's doing.
Absolutely. The only thing is it's "show us you" on a re-enactment site. Not a make believe dressing up site. And as our friend has said:
"Cry Havok and let loose the comments of Farbyness."
I think he wants to court controversy.
It's given us(me) a vent for our(my) spleen anyway. :D
Oh and while we're on the subject his side arms on the wrong side unless he's within the confines of Germany. :roll:
Out in terser, what's the reason for that?
'Gott Mitt Uns' - Yeah mate, got mittens too
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

thanks for the constructive comments, as for boots, I cant justify spending £90 + on a pair of boots I will wear 6x a year, that may not be acceptable for you, but it is for me, as for the collar tabs, thanks for spotting that, tbh I had forgotten I needed to get some, dont wear the tunic very often, its usualy too hot.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
johankreig

Post by johankreig »

and thanks for the "constructive" comments Splinter A, if you want to have a dig at the group I belong to, would you kindly take it somewhere more suitable, this is not a forum for slagging of peoples units or groups thankyou.
Johan Paul Kreig
Feldgendarmerie
Himmel Soldaten
soldat44

Post by soldat44 »

What's a Farb ?

Return to “Photos”