Moderator: Richk98

Peiper

Re: Other outfits-impressions??

Post by Peiper »

At the SVR event on Saturday
SVR edited 2.jpg
SVR edited 2.jpg (51.61 KiB) Viewed 7486 times
Peiper
Last edited by Peiper on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Pic of me from today's SVR show (Sat 30th June)
WW2 British Paratrooper.jpg
WW2 British Paratrooper.jpg (90.43 KiB) Viewed 7351 times
Cheers Pipes :wink:
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Peiper wrote:Pic of me from today's SVR show (Sat 30th June)
The attachment WW2 British Paratrooper.jpg is no longer available
Cheers Pipes :wink:

Very nice photos indeed a please to view.
Attachments
flying column
flying column
limerick irish volunteers.jpg (17.22 KiB) Viewed 7322 times
An Duine nach bhfuil sé Laidír caith sé a bheidh Glíc

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Nice pics there yourself buddy,
an unusual portrayal :wink:

Regards Pipes
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Peiper wrote:Nice pics there yourself buddy,
an unusual portrayal :wink:

Regards Pipes
Thanks Peiper, Yes I would agree but we are fast approaching the Centenary of 1916 Éirigh Amach na Cáisc and all over Ireland good groups are springing up to do lectures and shows and events linked into the centenary, our group the http://www.irishvounteers.org has several hundred members at present and this is growing each week, we had an amazing day in Dublin this week were we visited Glasnevin grave yard, Collins barracks, Kilmainham jail and also another location which I can't say on here, it was amazing and then we had dinner to round it all off. Throughout Ireland and beyond we are hosting events and lectures and displays and although I have a defined interest in German ww2 and ww1 and well as British ww1, the portrayal of Irish Volunteer has given me more pleasure as the public welcome us with open arms and come in their hundreds to see us at the very least.

Na Fianna Éireann Fíor inár gCroíthe, Neart inár Láimhe, Comhsheasmhacht inár dTeanga Sealadach
Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

Martin you should get that jacket tailored because it sits like a sack of poo
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Jugend Repper wrote:Martin you should get that jacket tailored because it sits like a sack of poo

Thank you Jugend lol, funny you should say that as I have now, I had lost 14lbs in weight recently through healthy eating and stopping drinking fizzy drinks as well and went down in clothes size as well, feel healthier for it.

Jugend Repper

Post by Jugend Repper »

haha I think people should eat anything they think tastes good no mater how healthy it is and good lad.
Wenn ich dumm bin, lassen sie's micht entgelten;
wenn ich recht hab, wollen sie mich schelten. Goethe
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

(Deleted)
Last edited by Peiper on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Thank you Jugend lol, funny you should say that as I have now, I had lost 14lbs in weight recently through healthy eating and stopping drinking fizzy drinks as well and went down in clothes size as well, feel healthier for it.[/quote]

It is difficult getting original uniforms/equipment to fit, sadly thats why i got rid of a load
of my tunics/caps etc as in my case they were too small :(

Anyhow, another pic in colour

Regards Pipes[/quote]

Good photo Peiper and you are correct, getting uniforms that are origional tailored or taken in takes away from the value of them, it's a conundrum as to whether look good or destroy heritage, the leather work is also all origional accompaning this uniform and I have collected extensively over almost thirty years origional equipment not minding if I paid slightly over the odds as long as there was proof of provence, about 20 years ago I got a dated Smle bayonet and scabbard with the soldiers initials on it from the Sherwood Forresters regiment taken from a soldier at Mount Street Bridge in the battle trhat ensued there.

Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Bloody good show Martin, looks brilliant as well as unusual
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
berlin1945

Post by berlin1945 »

Crazy Feldgendarme wrote:Bloody good show Martin, looks brilliant as well as unusual
Thanks cookie, we are doing displays all over Ireland these past two years in schools, hotels and also at events and at private functions for those that have a growing interest in events circa 1916, increasingly there is a greater awareness in Ireland as to the events of the great war and the other side theatres of war that took place therefore it is amazing what people have donated to us in the past years for our displays, it also helps others to recognise the part and contribution that their grand fathers or even great grand fathers played in the war to end all wars.
As 1916 draws nearer we have found that there is a great demand for all things from this period in time, over in ireland we have the 2012 Titanic exhibition, the signing of the Ulster covenant is fast approaching and the formation of our our Army the Irish Volunteers is celebrated next year Nov 2013 and then the jewel in the Crown the Easter Rising which should bring together all good groups across Ireland working in cohesion to celebrate it, we have our own socities popping up every where and our society which has 300 members now all working in harmony, With the most beautiful tee shirts and fleeces for sale which our members all wear when at events if not wearing customs form the time, We are not re-enactors nor do we wish to be, as we are a Commemorative Organisation. www.irishvolunteers.org

Peiper

Post by Peiper »

(Deleted)
Last edited by Peiper on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crazy Feldgendarme

Post by Crazy Feldgendarme »

Bloody well done Martin, you have your niche i think with this mate.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who screws up your day and may their arms be too short to scratch.

GeFoPo
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

Colour version :)
WW2 US Airborne (1944).jpg
WW2 US Airborne (1944).jpg (161.69 KiB) Viewed 6920 times
Peiper

Return to “Photos”