Home made none firing G41 w replica

Moderator: berlin1945

littletankman

Home made none firing G41 w replica

Post by littletankman »

I have decided to have a go at a none firing replica G41 w , which I believe was used in Normandy so will fit in with my re enactment gear. I realize that the G41 w was called a G41 after issue . I'm going for a early version with the plastic hand guard. I am not sure how far this will go .But so far I have made the stock (not the plastic hand guard tho) and fitted the but plate .

Picts to follow.
littletankman

Re: Home made none firing G41 w replica

Post by littletankman »

Here is the stock although softwood I will stain it to resemble hardwood . Not sure how I'm making the plastic hand guard yet . The stock doesn't have the correct internal detail as its designed around my replica parts. The but plate I'm not sure if it has a trap door . I believe it doesn't.

littletankman

Post by littletankman »

This is progressing slowly . need the diamentions for the fixed mag . I have also been sourcing parts .

Again picts to follow
rinehard

Post by rinehard »

your g41 looks good is it for sale when finished sir ? thanks from rinehard
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Rinehard, Thanks for your comments but unfournutaly I'm making this for my self , for re enacting. Its sort of on hold whilst I research a bit more regards diamentions .I cant make any more as were I got the castings done (and worked) has closed down. I'm currently working on my ZF4 wooden scope cans .

Thanks Andy
rinehard

Post by rinehard »

wow your very good it what your doing my be it could be a side line ? i take my cap off too you sir .best wishers
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Thanks mate I'm a hands on person :)
Gusbucket13

Post by Gusbucket13 »

I have a stripped relic G41 barrel & action I obtained in St Mere Eglise Normandy so yes definately used in Normandy, if any use I can take some pics for you with a ruler for scale alongside.
Cheers
Chris C.
Quote 'Chris Coxon is longer in the tooth in this game than a Hairy Mammoth.......' unquote
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Chris sorry not been on here for a while but any measurements of the barrel. ie length and diam of the end pieces and rougth measurments of the front sling mount is it the same as a K98.

Thanks Andy

Return to “Weapons and Equipment”