Krad Licence Plate Red Stamps - Advice Please

For all your vehicle questions etc.

Moderator: Pug42

Stefan1944

Krad Licence Plate Red Stamps - Advice Please

Post by Stefan1944 »

Can anyone confirm the correct Krad licence plate Red Stamp details and what they have written on them please.

I'm interested for my BMW R71 Replica Krad combo project for both LSSAH and WH (DAK & GD) plates - infantry or Recon.

I've looked at all the other Pst Licence Plate posts which are very useful and also tried various web searches - however the Licence Plate Red Stamp detail is very vague....

Also who supplies them...

Thanks....
ssparatrooper

Re: Krad Licence Plate Red Stamps - Advice Please

Post by ssparatrooper »

Harvey nightmare can do plates for you i will pm you his number
Feldjager

Post by Feldjager »

On the original ones I have it's a feldpost stamp.
Feldgendarmerie Trupp 82 - http://www.feldgendarmerie.co.uk
Panzer Nachrichten Abt. 38 - http://www.funker.co.uk
Hauptverbandplatz 82 - http://www.hvp82.co.uk

LHA members
Lochner

Post by Lochner »

It wasn't a feldpost stamp added to the reg plate but a branch of service stamp e.g "Wehrmacht - Heer", or "Wehrmacht - Luftwaffe" etc. The stamps were applied the when the car was first registered by the corresponding Luftgaukommando (LW vehicles) or Wehrkreiskommando (Wehrmacht Heer vehicles).

Luftgaukommando West-Frankreich
Anlage 1 zu Luftgau Tagesbefehl Nr 45/42 vom 14 Mai 1942
K f z. Z u l a s s u n g s w e s e n

"6- Prior to being put into service, any new vehicle must display the motor vehicle registration number indicated in its registration certificate (title). The vehicle’s number plate must be provided with a stamp. This stamping procedure is to be carried out by authorized technical personnel only. (…)

7- The stamps are being provided by services (Dienststellen) that have a responsible technical official as well as by Repair Parks of army field supply groups and/or LW liaison officers with the Army HKP (HeeresKraftfahrpark). The units that do not dispose of those stamps have to address themselves to the nearest service where a registration stamp is available. (Aerodrome district, Flak regiments, motorized Flak Abtlng, motorized air signal units and the aforementioned Dienstellen)

8- The stamp must always be stored in a safe place. The stamp shall be used for the sole purpose of stamping registration plates and must be cleaned after use. The use of the stamp for any other purpose as stamping of documents or receipts is forbidden. The stock of number plate stamps must be accounted for in the K-inventory of tools.”

K f z. Z u l a s s u n g s w e s e n
Anlage 1 zu Luftgau Tagesbefehl Nr 45/42 vom 14 Mai 1942

6.- Bevor ein neuzugelassenes Kfz. In Betrieb genommen wird, muss es das Kennzeichen des Kfz-Scheines tragen. Die Kennzeichen müssen abgestempelt sein. Die Abstempelung hat nur durch das kraftfahrtechnisches Fachpersonal zu erfolgen. (…)
7- Über Kennzeichenstempel verfügen die Dienststellen, die einen techn. Beamten (K) zuständig haben, ferner die Kw-Instandsetzungsstellen der Feldluftzeuggruppe und die Verbindungsoffiziere der LW bei den H.K.P. Einheiten, die über keine Kennzeichenstempel verfügen, haben sich im Bedarfsfalle an die nächstgelegene Dienstelle zu wenden, die einen Kennzeichenstempel hat. (Kdo. Fl H. Bereiche, Flaklregimenter, Flakabtlng. (mot), Ln. Abt.(mot) und vorgenannte Dienstellen)
8- Die Kennzeichenstempel sind stets unter sicherem Verschluss zu halten. Sie dürfen nur zur Abstempelung von Kfz-Kenzeichenschildern verwendet werden und sind nach gebrauch zu reinigen. Eine Benützung vor Abstempelung von Schriftstücken und Belegen jeglicher Art ist verboten. Die Kennzeichenstempel sind in der K-Gerätkartei bestandmässig nachzuweisen.

Lochner
Stefan1944

Post by Stefan1944 »

Danke for all your replies, advice and pictures kameraden, I've now made contact with Harvey for a set of plates..... :D

Return to “Vehicles”