Fury Film DVD Release (UK) - 23/02/2015

Moderator: Pirkka

Stefan1944

Fury Film DVD Release (UK) - 23/02/2015

Post by Stefan1944 »

Kameraden, just in case your aren't already aware Fury film DVD released in UK on February 23, 2015:

Just bought a copy from Amazon with free shipping for £9.99:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fury-DVD-Brad-P ... B00M0GM4V0

Some interesting comments in the reviews.... :shock:
carvillan

Re: Fury Film DVD Release (UK) - 23/02/2015

Post by carvillan »

Got mine from sainsbury's yesterday for the same price and watched it twice already. :)
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

its yet another how the American's won the war, spoke with people at tank mus and were not happy about this film. Got a nice photo of me with k98 pointing same at Brad Pit, might have missed sniper but not me.
pepperpot
Sturmschar

Post by Sturmschar »

What a very silly comment about a rather good film, of course the Yanks won the war it was their money, resources and a combination weight of numbers American and Russian. Just as a footnote what David Willey knows about tank warfare wouldn't fill a postage stamp and the rest of those bigoted numptys at Bovington can barely find their collective bottom with both hands in broad daylight. They had to resort to Bruce Crompton to restore the Kettenkrad they had allowed to rot!!
Always keep the boot of destiny aimed at the arse of anticipation!
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

so why did the directors ignore all the advise given to them by SBG on tactical warefare
MasGew

Post by MasGew »

Probably because it didn't fit the pre-written script.
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

exactly, would a LHA actually marched along the road towards the battle area, or 'sweep it' across country. Again its American war film that depicts fiction and not facts. including bullet proof Brad Pitt
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

the script and what they want is in place long before the shooting of the film starts

in a safe area ie behind German lines why wouldn't you move blokes from a to b in three ranks if there was no air threat? we did a zug attack across the fields and deployed on the ground properly but you don't see much of it in the film but thats because its a film about the take crew not about the Waffen ss or anyone else and you see the tank crew loose and not the Germans win, there was plenty of fire and movement done for end scene but the camera don't see it

there are not many films where the Americans commit war crimes and the Germans particularly the Waffen SS win all the things i done train the Pak crews and all of the Germans and marched the SS column up the road look good and the Germans look authentic more that any other hollywood film i have seen, imagine if the Pak guns had knocked out Fury that would have been the end of the film etc etc etc

that film shows 24 hours in their life and people had days and days like that in their lives in ww2 and i stand by it and if you are that bothered go and borrow your own 85 million dollars and show Hollywood how its done
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

well kk (SBG)tells a different story and not only to me
graham
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

i am kitkat from the SBG :lol:
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

ok sorry, you learn something everyday, my apologies, (taking gun out box, point at feet and pulling trigger) shot in both feet!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
graham
carvillan

Post by carvillan »

Pure homer simpson d'oh moment Graham. :) I know what you mean regarding bullet proof etc etc but kitkat is also spot on about the authenticity and showing things like german prisoner execution by the allies.
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
pepperpot

Post by pepperpot »

yea great thing is ill be 70 on V.J. day(2015), so im allowed the occasional 'mistake' :lol:
Audrey555

Post by Audrey555 »

ssparatrooper wrote:the script and what they want is in place long before the shooting of the film starts

in a safe area ie behind German lines why wouldn't you move blokes from a to b in three ranks paris airport car service if there was no air threat? we did a zug attack across the fields and deployed on the ground properly but you don't see much of it in the film but thats because its a film about the take crew not about the Waffen ss or anyone else and you see the tank crew loose and not the Germans win, there was plenty of fire and movement done for end scene but the camera don't see it

there are not many films where the Americans commit war crimes and the Germans particularly the Waffen SS win all the things i done train the Pak crews and all of the Germans and marched the SS column up the road look good and the Germans look authentic more that any other hollywood film i have seen, imagine if the Pak guns had knocked out Fury that would have been the end of the film etc etc etc

that film shows 24 hours in their life and people had days and days like that in their lives in ww2 and i stand by it and if you are that bothered go and borrow your own 85 million dollars and show Hollywood how its done
good jobs for detailling!

Return to “Books, films & other media”