Post by ssparatrooper »

I saw it last night

It's better than I thought it was gonna be
carvillan

Re: Fury Film Release (UK) - 22/10/2014

Post by carvillan »

ssparatrooper wrote:I saw it last night

It's better than I thought it was gonna be
Kitkat, were you at leicester square? I just happened to be just behind edith bowman interviewing the actors. Tried to get a pic of brad but he didn't come up. My mrs got a couple of feet away from jason isaacs. The film looks awesome. Can't wait to see it.
Meine Ehre Heißt Treue

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
Moller

Post by Moller »

Sony Pictures invited a few of us in Sydney to watch it, I really liked it. Some of the typical Hollywood stuff but overall a great movie. The gear and equipment is the best I've seen in a movie. Watch it on the big screen.

www.ausreenact.org
SplinterA

Post by SplinterA »

Well worth while going to see.
It builds very well with only one real wtf moment.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

i was minging by then

i had seen it earlier, i liked it but i knew whats coming it was good to see what he done with it all

i met them all during the filming so i had no interest in going there and i only own suits with swastikas and runes on!
Halle

Post by Halle »

Saw it this evening - very disappointed ... So much wrong with it . To be honest , one of the worst war films I've seen ..
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

its a film

not about Germans or tactics but yanks and a tank

i liked it and i dont like yanks or their tanks, being used to how things are edited to suit ones gain im not unhappy with it, i had no control over what they used or how they cut it and the end battle is hollywood, but the details are there with the pak crews, the blokes and the kit its not a documentary its a film, dont expect to see a wochenshau film about the germans

but expect to see original vehicles in there, original Paks, panzers and other stuff but its a film made by hollywood for people that dont like ww2 with a bit of detail for people to see :lol:

i worked on it and was the german advisor and spent a lot of time trying to get them to do what they done in ww2 but in the end they do what they want as its their train set and all of those tactics and stuff that we done on set dont come across on the screen and in the end they just get people running around just to fill the screen up with movement and instead of moving in gruppen or zugs were making people run around in directions depending on where their birthdays were lol i shit you not

at one point i said to one of the ADs you see that SS bloke over there behind wardaddy he said yes i said why dont he just shoot him in the back! he couldn't see what i was saying and there is a bit in the film where you can see this lol

but it has some good bits and has very good attention to detail but its a film i think it has legs and you will see more every time, i know where to look so i can see it
Halle

Post by Halle »

Wether a film is good or not is totally subjective , of course , and in many ways , it's pointless discussing it . Leaving aside all the kit , the uniforms , the excellent MG42 fire simulation and PAK rounds bouncing off Fury ( exactly how many times was that tank hit by shells and Faust rounds !? ) the film was pretty boring - It dragged on , and the final battle scene , well......
Jäger Stefan Halle 3./I./Geb.Jag.Reg.100
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Yes the end battle scene is like a reenactment where the Germans all get their heads blown off (me included) and the yanks don't die lol and as this hobbie and most of the people in it bend history to cater their take on things this film does the same lol people running towards a tank with no cover sounds just like every public show battle I have every seen lol

We done some great stuff in that last scene and done a zug attack all shook out over the ground but they didn't want to film it as it didn't work in the camera lol and when you look at the fleeting glimpses of all of those scenes you can see this film like all of them just wants to show the Germans as fleeting shadows and nothing more!
grenmartens

Post by grenmartens »

I saw it yesterday and I broadly agree with Ian - yes I did stay put to check you were in the credits mate ;)

As ever I wouldn't mind betting that a lot of good stuff has ended up on the cutting room floor, as the film does give the impression that it's been shrunk to fit the studio demands of a running time of just over two hours - the attention to detail that those in the know will admire will be lost on Joe Public and as Ian says at the end of the day it's a film about about Yanks in a tank and how nasty war is.
grenadier Biermann

Post by grenadier Biermann »

This movie is a just another commercial Hollywood crap, waste of time and money :!: :roll:
Burger Schlesien Bad-Darkau
vobehacker

Post by vobehacker »

i found it enjoyable which is what films are meant to be,i didnt go to find fault , yes pure sensationalism, but what film isnt,a lot of attention to detail, see a few familiar faces,liked the sniper scene,did spot a bayonet round the wrong way, do you think we can recreate the final scene at W @ P next year ,300 germans, 1 tank,but his time we knock the shit out of it
9th SS Hohenstaufen
soest

Post by soest »

I went to see it last night. As a historically accurate representation of the later stages of World War 2 in Europe that's how Hollywood would have won. It's a film made by Americans for the mass American market so it wasn't going to be anything else.

As films go I thought it was well made. As an ex professional soldier never mind being part of a group there was so much wrong it was beyond belief. "Oh we've hit a mine. That's OK boys just walk about where you like there won't be anymore. I've spoken with the bloke who does the explosions and he told me there was only one".....

The Tiger was cool and I recognised a few faces from the German side....

If you haven't seen it yet keep an open mind and take it for what it is. Some will enjoy it and others will hate it.
ssparatrooper

Post by ssparatrooper »

Spoiler alert..don't read if you haven't seen it yet

Yes anti tank mines are protected by anti personnel mines but alas it's a film, I went to watch it with my brothers the other night at an IMAX cinema and it was spectacular and I saw more stuff again, I've seen a lot of negative comments about the tiger in the film and again I think that bit is fantastic and works in the film, when it knocks the first Sherman out they back away and fire WP at the tiger obscuring it's view but they can't get out of the killing zone due to the woods (I was in those woods when they filmed that scene) this leaves then no choice but to try to close it down, the tiger now blind advances out of the smoke! All that is quite credible and the tiger commander an ex tankie RSM agreed, the tiger knocks three out very quickly and then gets done by Fury the hero tank of this story

The paks look fantastic and the sound in that imax when the rounds went past was brilliant it's a film if the paks had knocked then out...end of film, the end battle is the typical Alimo battle the Americans love and films are about making money so this is why they all have these eliments in them.

So watch for what it is a film about fury and it's crew about 24hrs in their life

Return to “Books, films & other media”