Trst je naš! - Triest is ours!

Moderator: Pirkka

KZD-Triglav

Trst je naš! - Triest is ours!

Post by KZD-Triglav »

We proudly announce that our project of last spring extraing in a student film by young director Žiga Virc (Ziga Virc) about reenactment group titled "Trst je naš!" (Triest is ours!) is nominated for the 2010 Honorary Foreign Film award in the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ 37th Annual Student Academy Awards competition - basicly an "oscar" for foreign student film....
Check the trailer:

There were three units from our reenacting group KZD Triglav: Germans from 31st Infanterie and 139th Gebirgsjäger regiment under command of bov1313rf and Slovenian partisans from Triglav company of IXth corps NLA of Slovenia.

Here are some photos by Waffentreue from shooting:
Waffentreue wrote:Image

All vehicles belong to our members or to our group.
Schenk

Re: Trst je naš! - Triest is ours!

Post by Schenk »

Sooo, this is about a re-enactor gone nuts?
KZD-Triglav

Post by KZD-Triglav »

Schenk wrote:Sooo, this is about a re-enactor gone nuts?
Kind of nuts...
The group would like to "re-enact" the battle for Triest (Trst). But the wife is nagging, Obama is coming to visit the country, so the police are not happy with the battle, but the commander is still going through with it.The battle is won when his daughter realizes significance of her grandpa's and her grandma's fight for freedom in the WWII.
Pirkka

Post by Pirkka »

It looks fantastic! Is there a plan to release it on DVD? With subtitles?
KZD-Triglav

Post by KZD-Triglav »

Well, it's not full feature movie, just a short (30min) student graduation project. I believe there are Italian and English subtitles for the movie, but not for the trailer, as far as I know. I'll pass on your request to the director. Let's hope he has the time to release the trailer with subtitles....;-)
Jägermeister

Post by Jägermeister »

Last edited by Jägermeister on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KZD-Triglav

Post by KZD-Triglav »

Well, our request was granted, the trailer was subtitled in English with some commentaries at the beginning.:-)
Plumps

Post by Plumps »

Ha ha firing a MG 42 standing like that.....yeah.....if it where the real thing that fellow would be off his feet.
KZD-Triglav

Post by KZD-Triglav »

Plumps wrote:if it where the real thing that fellow would be off his feet.
Actually, it is the real thing. Check the photos. There's falling empty cartridge in one.:->
Pug42

Post by Pug42 »

Plumps means firing live rounds not blanks... the recoil would knock you off your feet backwards!
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf...

STURMPANZER ABTEILUNG
KZD-Triglav

Post by KZD-Triglav »

Pug42 wrote:Plumps means firing live rounds not blanks... the recoil would knock you off your feet backwards!
Since the MG's uses barrel recoil to push back the bolt (and the spring), the force used to operate using blanks must the same as using live ammo, so there is no difference shooting blanks or live ammo from the shooter's point of stand.:-) Even if special barrel for shooting blanks is used, the bolt and the spring remain the same...
If you ask anybody, who operated the MG, they would tell you, recoil in both cases is minimal. If I quote our machine gunner (who did shot live ammo during his service): "A 12-year-old could fire live ammo with MG standing like this if he could lift it."
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Edit: I have fired a MG42 with Blank rounds, and there is no recoil worth talking about the guys above you can see they are finding it hard, not to mention the gun is not designed to be fired standing up..

Its been done!

Jonny
Last edited by Jonny on Thu May 27, 2010 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

KZD-Triglav wrote:
Pug42 wrote:Plumps means firing live rounds not blanks... the recoil would knock you off your feet backwards!
Since the MG's uses barrel recoil to push back the bolt (and the spring), the force used to operate using blanks must the same as using live ammo, so there is no difference shooting blanks or live ammo from the shooter's point of stand.:-) Even if special barrel for shooting blanks is used, the bolt and the spring remain the same...
If you ask anybody, who operated the MG, they would tell you, recoil in both cases is minimal. If I quote our machine gunner (who did shot live ammo during his service): "A 12-year-old could fire live ammo with MG standing like this if he could lift it."

your talking rubbish now. You ever fired a Rifle/MG/SMG before ? live ? then compared with blank ? i have, and there is no comparisent .
KZD-Triglav

Post by KZD-Triglav »

Well, our machinegunner (he did fire both ammo) was very clear about it: it's 12g against 12.000g. Recoil has as much impact on a shooter as a 100kg man has pushing a 100 ton vehicle....

As for the videos posted (sounding like Crocodile Dundee):
That's not recoil,
this is recoil:

You ever fired a Rifle/MG/SMG before ? live ? then compared with blank ? i have, and there is no comparisent .
I did and you're right. You can't compare a recoil from a rifle with recoil from an automatic assault rifle. The latter has almost minimal recoil. I did fire both ammo from M-48 (K-98) and M-70 (AK-47) during my service in army. Guess what, M-48 did kick back while M-70 did not.:-)

Anyway, this post is about a movie about reenactment nominated for oscar and not about whether one would be swept of their feet while shooting MG live ammo standing.:-)
Last edited by KZD-Triglav on Thu May 27, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hans Gowert

Post by Hans Gowert »

KZD-Triglav wrote:Well, our machinegunner (he did fire both ammo) was very clear about it: it's 12g against 12.000g. Recoil has as much impact on a shooter as a 100kg man has pushing a 100 ton vehicle....

so, you yourself havent fired live then blank ? ok, come back when you have fired the two and ill await your judgement :)

Return to “Books, films & other media”